News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The main positive...?

Author Topic: The main positive...?  (Read 3687 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
The main positive...?
« on: September 07, 2016, 10:02:05 AM »

Dare I say it, but in Cain and Miller do we have two very natural wingers for each side for the first time in years?

Here's Jim's shopping list for the remaining problem :) http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/transfers/vertragslosespieler/statistik?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=4&land_id=189&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=0&plus=1

taxi Phil

Re: The main positive...?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 11:02:16 AM »

With people in there who none of us have heard of rated at £40K+ I think he's going to have to scour the lower leagues

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 01:02:22 PM »

Miller is showing good glimpses but he is not an out and out winger. He is a number 10 but best we have at the moment.

Still yet to see Cain but hearing good things but isn't he naturally a left back?

I personally still feel we need two pacey wide men who can go on the outside. Desperately need a left back and a decent striker to either work or compete with Reeves. Imagine we still had Havern, Leather to go with Cyrus and Hannigan.

I would still play 3 centre mids, we are still getting over run. Lawrie is crap out wide and again a lot better when he played central in the second half last night. I still think a lot is to do with his mindset as he does not like being a winger and you can see it in his play. Still need our full backs overlapping. Only saw 2 or 3 times last night.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 04:42:09 PM »

We need defence, pure and simple.  Deasy was so angry with wotsisname at number 2 last night, he threw a wobbler at him.  The defence needs shoring up to stop the leaky goals, then we might start winning!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 05:00:01 PM »

He went missing because he had just been involved in the previous attack. He seemed to be one of the few prepared to run at the opposition and ride a challenge but then he was well out of position by the time the ball was lost.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 08:25:35 PM »

He went missing because he had just been involved in the previous attack. He seemed to be one of the few prepared to run at the opposition and ride a challenge but then he was well out of position by the time the ball was lost.

No he wasn't out of position, he just committed the challenge far too early and the player knocked it past him as I am sure Alty TV will show.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 02:58:05 PM »

Miller is showing good glimpses but he is not an out and out winger. He is a number 10 but best we have at the moment.

Still yet to see Cain but hearing good things but isn't he naturally a left back?

I personally still feel we need two pacey wide men who can go on the outside. Desperately need a left back and a decent striker to either work or compete with Reeves. Imagine we still had Havern, Leather to go with Cyrus and Hannigan.

I would still play 3 centre mids, we are still getting over run. Lawrie is crap out wide and again a lot better when he played central in the second half last night. I still think a lot is to do with his mindset as he does not like being a winger and you can see it in his play. Still need our full backs overlapping. Only saw 2 or 3 times last night.

The problem we surely now have is that 2 of our better players so far this season both prefer playing number 10 - if Miller is more competent than Lawrie out wide, it might have to do for now.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The main positive...?