PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rowley Programme notes
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Rowley Programme notes  (Read 61515 times)

GB Alty

Rowley Programme notes
« on: September 03, 2016, 08:22:25 PM »

I am led to believe that the Rowley programme notes were interesting today?

Anyone care to share them here for those that couldn't attend today?

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Rowley Programme notes
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 09:11:44 PM »

They were a bit abrasive tbh considering the last manager was sh*t and to my knowledge no one actually slated the ex managers family or the chairmans family.

GB Alty

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 09:22:03 PM »

Explains why nobody prepared to reproduce them on here I guess

Where they libelous?

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 09:32:45 PM »

The "hold your heads in shame" comment directed at fans who post negative comments on social media was stupid. I also have seen nothing on this forum that was personal towards Neil or his family. We, with good reason, questioned what the hell was going on on the football field. Maybe the chairman should make sure the next manager is tough enough to ride some comments posted on the Internet. Can't imagine Anthony Johnson or Bernard Morley at Salford City losing much sleep over such matters. Let's toughen up.

GB Alty

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 09:50:43 PM »

I hold my head in shame when I see what a shambles this club has become. This can't continue for much longer surely?

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 10:57:45 PM »

The very reason why, in over 55 years of watching football, I've stopped buying a programme this season.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 11:04:46 PM »

It's fair enough for him to criticise people for giving personal abuse, if that has indeed been the case. But a little more humility would have been wise - our last two managerial appointments have been catastrophic and he might try to in some way acknowledge that.

Bath Alty

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 11:05:24 PM »

cut the guy some slack.  he knows he's dropped the ball appointing NY and this can't be an easy time to have to go public on your thoughts every home game.  While NY was the manager he had to come out and support him publicly - right up to the time he fires him, none of us know how close he came to doing that and rightly so.

the club have done lots of very good things to secure our long term future for which GR and the board should be applauded - they have done one or two disastrous things that have buggered up our short term prospects but overall they are still doing a good job.  

They do however need to make sure they get the next appointment right, we can't afford another bad manager.

GB Alty

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2016, 11:06:00 PM »

I wonder what any potential incoming manager who was at the game today and happened to buy a progamme would think?

Shocking

bumble

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2016, 11:10:15 PM »

cut the guy some slack.  he knows he's dropped the ball appointing NY and this can't be an easy time to have to go public on your thoughts every home game.  While NY was the manager he had to come out and support him publicly - right up to the time he fires him, none of us know how close he came to doing that and rightly so.

the club have done lots of very good things to secure our long term future for which GR and the board should be applauded - they have done one or two disastrous things that have buggered up our short term prospects but overall they are still doing a good job.  

They do however need to make sure they get the next appointment right, we can't afford another bad manager.

Why not write something about NLD? Welcoming our new fans? And thanking our current fans ?

Rather than slatting fans.

Bath Alty

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2016, 11:20:05 PM »

not saying he couldn't have done better just saying he can't be at his best in the current stressful period and suggesting the "club has become a shambles" and "shocking" when you haven't actually read what was written (as B pig implied when they started this thread) is hardly helping the situation

GB Alty

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2016, 11:29:05 PM »

not saying he couldn't have done better just saying he can't be at his best in the current stressful period and suggesting the "club has become a shambles" and "shocking" when you haven't actually read what was written (as B pig implied when they started this thread) is hardly helping the situation
well why don't you tell me what he said? I am only reacting to what a lot of very unhappy people are telling me

By the way 5 straight defeats at this level is a total shambles, the club is at its lowest ebb whilst I've been going and probably since the early 60's. The stats tell you that alone, Royton Mike please confirm?

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2016, 11:32:14 PM »

couldnt agree more , its a shame people are taking pot shots at the chairman who IN MY OPINION IS DOING THE BEST THING FOR THE CLUB making it sustainable and part of the community and not having a dig then claiming complete innocence and that butter wouldnt melt in his mouth because you dont agree with what someone is doing
FFS

GB Alty

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2016, 11:37:32 PM »

couldnt agree more , its a shame people are taking pot shots at the chairman who IN MY OPINION IS DOING THE BEST THING FOR THE CLUB making it sustainable and part of the community and not having a dig then claiming complete innocence and that butter wouldnt melt in his mouth because you dont agree with what someone is doing
to be fair Hash it seems it's the chairman taking pot shots at the fans, thats what this thread is about

Incidentally the club isn't sustainable, its lost 5 games on the trot in the conference north, that must be a crisis of sorts even in your thinking?

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2016, 11:47:19 PM »

come on jamie im sure the chairman has realised he f**ked up , no one is denying that and yes we are now in recovery mode which will take time but spending your time and energy which you have oddles of ,  snipping at every opportunity is really counter productive and as a accountant you should know this .... no one is happy about what is going on atm , i was there today i managed to watch the whole game before i walked out and there is some progress , yes me/you are frustrated  yes the chairman made a HONEST mistake things arnt going the way you want , you see other teams bank rolled , you want success .... unfortunately we are not  bankrolled so we have to play the long game , looking at kaine today if we can keep bring players like that through we have a future maybe not as quick and what you demand but we have a future heckle me as much as you want or anyone else for thinking like this but at least we have a future.
FFS
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rowley Programme notes