PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Neil Young Resigns.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Neil Young Resigns.  (Read 34740 times)

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Neil Young Resigns.
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2016, 12:34:56 PM »

Well said JTH.

The views of some on here vacillate more wildly than a weather vane in a hurricane (and are even less reliable).
Hysteria maybe as Hughsey said last week? Maybe we should have kept Young if so?

You can't polish a turd, we're a bad team and need a total rebuild otherwise we will go down. Is that hysteria as well? Because its exactly where we at, reliable or not, hurricane or not

Think he's trying to say that a total rebuild is probably a bit of a knee jerk reaction. There are 6 or 7 players in our now vast squad that are up to it and with the right management we wouldn't be anywhere near close to going down.

That's not to say that we don't need new faces because I agree that we do starting with an experienced goalkeeper. No problems with keeping on Dawber and giving him time to train and learn but he's clearly not ready to be the number 1 here.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2016, 12:38:38 PM »

Well said GolfRoader.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2016, 12:46:47 PM »

Agreed JTH's post is sensible. We don't need to throw the baby out with the bathwater: Hannigan, Cyrus, Patterson, Moult, Lawrie, Richman, Goodall, Reeves, add Sinclair and we have 7-8 there that are the nucleus of a solid outfit who can more than compete at this level. Lower mid table might be our level this season but I wouldn't expect us to be in relegation trouble.

GB Alty

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2016, 12:50:13 PM »

Some on here were wildly enthusiastic when NY was appointed as if the saviour had arrived, some were more measured.

I am glad he has gone.

Likewise the doom and gloom by some of our current predicament (and no, I don't think anything is particularly rosy) is also over the top.

I was merely pointing out that the measured response by JTH was a more realistic view of our current predicament (IMHO).
So you do think it's hysteria - just a bad run hey?

Maybe Neil Young got caught up in the hysteria as well? Where do you think he resigned? Our good board didn't think any action was required, so maybe your right

That said the hysteria seemed to be pretty universal at the last two home games, maybe we're all wrong hey? Just give it time, we not far off ???

GB Alty

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2016, 12:55:52 PM »

Agreed JTH's post is sensible. We don't need to throw the baby out with the bathwater: Hannigan, Cyrus, Patterson, Moult, Lawrie, Richman, Goodall, Reeves, add Sinclair and we have 7-8 there that are the nucleus of a solid outfit who can more than compete at this level. Lower mid table might be our level this season but I wouldn't expect us to be in relegation trouble.
deary me Patterson Goodall and Richman are bang average, Cyrus is crap, and how we can say anything about Sinclair after Saturday is beyond me

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2016, 12:58:05 PM »

Some on here were wildly enthusiastic when NY was appointed as if the saviour had arrived, some were more measured.

I am glad he has gone.

Likewise the doom and gloom by some of our current predicament (and no, I don't think anything is particularly rosy) is also over the top.

I was merely pointing out that the measured response by JTH was a more realistic view of our current predicament (IMHO).
So you do think it's hysteria - just a bad run hey?

Maybe Neil Young got caught up in the hysteria as well? Where do you think he resigned? Our good board didn't think any action was required, so maybe your right

That said the hysteria seemed to be pretty universal at the last two home games, maybe we're all wrong hey? Just give it time, we not far off ???

Is wilful misreading a talent?

I said, and I quote, "I am glad he has gone".

I was not proclaiming him as the next messiah when he arrived either, just as I am not now predicting that we will be lucky to avoid relegation.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2016, 01:03:24 PM »

deary me Patterson Goodall and Richman are bang average, Cyrus is crap, and how we can say anything about Sinclair after Saturday is beyond me

Get out on the wrong side of bed this morning did we? The level of hysteria & internet warrior behaviour in your posts. Go and have a beer, it's the Bank Holiday.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2016, 01:15:29 PM »

"The club is dying and has been for some time, if it can be saved now is to be seen. But I think more than just a change a management is required here, and that seems a pretty universal viewpoint now. Not hysteria"

I think that's way off the mark.  I fail to see how the club is dying, and obviously you're having a go at the board here but it's hard to judge your comments as you seem to have a personal vendetta against the chairman et al for whatever reason.

brinners

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2016, 01:20:11 PM »

The club is not dying. We are simply being overtaken by an increasing number of seriously bankrolled teams. Whereas our level a few years ago was bottom 5 National League/Top 5 Northern League, we are probably top 10 Northern League right now. It is unfortunate, but that's the way it goes.

York Alty is back

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2016, 01:22:39 PM »

The club is not dying, to claim so is nonsense. We've been relegated, suffered the financial consequences and appointed a bumpy manager. That's not dying, it's partly misfortune, partly poor management and leadership- but dying it is not. We have been in far worse straits in the past couple of decades.

Time to stick together. One Alty.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2016, 01:27:59 PM »

Mr/Mrs Pig,

May I remind you that you were backing him with a gusto that was questionable to say the least and not that long ago; does that put you in the same mindset as the board? Care to take a look back at this thread and a prophetic post by Pukka:

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=21359.msg249508#msg249508

York Alty is back

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2016, 01:32:36 PM »

Mr/Mrs Pig,

May I remind you that you were backing him with a gusto that was questionable to say the least and not that long ago; does that put you in the same mindset as the board? Care to take a look back at this thread and a prophetic post by Pukka:

Hoist by ones own petard!

GB Alty

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2016, 01:51:18 PM »

Mr/Mrs Pig,

sorry but what's wrong with backing a new manager? You saying we should not have given him a chance from day one? You sound like someone with an agenda here, still holding a torch for Lee Sinnott are we?

Incidentally the post you link here you notice I am talking specifically about the release of most of last seasons squad - something I still openly support, the only good thing Neil Young did, where he went wrong was replacing them with even worse players - and thats why he had to go

When we appoint a new manager I will be sure to clear it with you if I can support him or not

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2016, 01:56:21 PM »

Agree with those names but just retaining those leaves another 17 or 18 to replace, if we can get rid of them as most will probably be on contract.

Even before we appointed Young, and I was probably the first to be critical of him taking over, I didn't expect anything better than a top ten finish this season. We're up against the mega-money bagged teams such as Fylde and Salford, as well as other financially well supported teams such as Harrogate and traditionally bigger clubs than us in Halifax, Stockport and Darlington. In my book these teams were always going to be challenging for the play-off places.

We were down for 3 seasons last time and that same period of time, which should enable us to build a decent squad from those names above, will also see the back of the majority of the teams I've mentioned.

Let's just hope we get third time lucky with the Board's appointment and manage a respectable finish to the season.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2016, 03:23:41 PM »

And I had grave misgivings about deasy going  ...
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Neil Young Resigns.