PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Neil Young Resigns.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Neil Young Resigns.  (Read 34727 times)

Whingeing Winger

Re: Neil Young Resigns.
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2016, 07:53:29 AM »

The large dark cloud that has been over our house for nearly two weeks has been lifted. Will be interesting to see who the new manager is.

taxi Phil

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2016, 08:34:02 AM »

He did the right thing and gets credit where it is due - he got the grief when he deserved it so it's fair he gets credit for this.  He could have hung on till our patient board finally bowed to the inevitable and got some sort of payoff, but he didn't.

totally agree,
How about big Stu for manager?
Absolutely not Harold ! We need an experienced man in.....and pretty quickly. And quick doesn't mean hasty !

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2016, 09:03:01 AM »

Whoever the new manager is, he's got a hell of a job on.

Gone are the players that we know would have done well at this level - Havern, Marshall, Clee, Leather, etc. (and yes I recognise the financial implications of this list).

Anyone half decent will already be snapped up and we're unlikely to lure people away with piles of cash.

So what we have is an untried bunch of kids who just about know each other's names, that the new manager will have to assess, cull and then form the rest into a unit that will start to compete.

Whoever comes in, you'd have to say that avoiding relegation should be our only target.

He really did f**k us over didn't he?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2016, 09:10:10 AM »

To be fair, despite some of the dross we've signed, it seems to me from reading this forum of late that if somebody came in who played our best XI (including a decent keeper) all in their correct positions, we might actually improve a fair bit.

Clearly changes are going to be required to get us to the level we eventually want to be at, but hopefully the new manager, whoever that is, will be able to set us on the right path.
Come on Alty!

arnald

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2016, 09:10:59 AM »

Yes a big repair job for next manager . Interesting to see what price we are to win today ?
Is it big enough odds for a quid

Frosty

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2016, 09:17:34 AM »

Three impressive draws???? They were wank draws!!! How tinpot have we become, i feel this club needs further change

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2016, 10:10:37 AM »

Judging by what came afterwards they were the 3 best results in the clubs history!!

bumble

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2016, 10:22:03 AM »

I cannot see the attraction of Watson at all. He has done absolutely nothing at Stalybridge and would be best avoided. Furthermore, if he has entered a self-imposed exile from the game similar to that which Neil Young has just embarked upon, it is not even worth considering him.

Will it be longer than Phil Taylors exile?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2016, 10:32:56 AM »

I cannot see the attraction of Watson at all. He has done absolutely nothing at Stalybridge and would be best avoided. Furthermore, if he has entered a self-imposed exile from the game similar to that which Neil Young has just embarked upon, it is not even worth considering him.

Will it be longer than Phil Taylors exile?

:)
Come on Alty!

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2016, 11:25:37 AM »

Whoever the new manager is, he's got a hell of a job on.

Gone are the players that we know would have done well at this level - Havern, Marshall, Clee, Leather, etc. (and yes I recognise the financial implications of this list).

Anyone half decent will already be snapped up and we're unlikely to lure people away with piles of cash.

So what we have is an untried bunch of kids who just about know each other's names, that the new manager will have to assess, cull and then form the rest into a unit that will start to compete.

Whoever comes in, you'd have to say that avoiding relegation should be our only target.

He really did f**k us over didn't he?

I'm not quite so pessimistic as Dave and Meaty. Can't make it today, but I've been to all the games thus far and think the following is a decent nucleus of a squad:-

Patterson
Sumner
Cain
Cyrus
Densmore
Hannigan
Heathcote
Goddard
Moult
Richman
Reeves
Lawrie
Sinclair

It's worth remembering there's no transfer window in this league, as such plenty of players will be on short-term or 5 day notice contracts. Obvs there's a couple of injuries in there and we desperately need a keeper as soon as possible. My understanding is a number of our 'Young guns' summer acquisitions are on short term deals and unfortunately of these only Cyrus has convinced me they are up to the standard required (and he needs an experienced partner alongside him). Sumner is on non contract terms and I think should be given more games to bed in - it can't have been easy arriving in the chaos of the last week. We've had a cut in budget but I believe we're in the top 6 or 7 in this league and the quality of acquisition thus far is surely more a result of philosophy than shortage of cash. Sub 600 gates will have much more impact I'd suggest!  

It's a challenge yes, but we're only 6 games into the season. The new manager will have much more flexibility than previously when we were here and I think there's every reason to look forward to a season other than another relegation fight.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 12:11:49 PM by JTH »

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2016, 11:58:07 AM »

Well said JTH.

The views of some on here vacillate more wildly than a weather vane in a hurricane (and are even less reliable).
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

York Alty is back

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2016, 11:59:33 AM »

Have to be positive, six games in with an incompetent manager and we are not bottom of the table!

I view tbings as us pushing for a play off spot, we need help doing that so appointing the right man is critical. Plenty of games, plenty of time.

The only way is up.

COME ON ALTY.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2016, 12:08:17 PM »

When Densmore is fit and ready as well it'll be like bringing in a marquee new signing. He's been a massive miss for us over the last year or so

GB Alty

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2016, 12:19:30 PM »

Well said JTH.

The views of some on here vacillate more wildly than a weather vane in a hurricane (and are even less reliable).
Hysteria maybe as Hughsey said last week? Maybe we should have kept Young if so?

You can't polish a turd, we're a bad team and need a total rebuild otherwise we will go down. Is that hysteria as well? Because its exactly where we at, reliable or not, hurricane or not

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2016, 12:33:15 PM »

Some on here were wildly enthusiastic when NY was appointed as if the saviour had arrived, some were more measured.

I am glad he has gone.

Likewise the doom and gloom by some of our current predicament (and no, I don't think anything is particularly rosy) is also over the top.

I was merely pointing out that the measured response by JTH was a more realistic view of our current predicament (IMHO).
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Neil Young Resigns.