Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sort of player we shuold be looking at ????

Author Topic: Sort of player we shuold be looking at ????  (Read 1599 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 17, 2007, 01:38:11 PM »

Kidderminster Harriers announce that "Following the end of the season and our defeat at Wembley on Saturday it was time for the clear out to begin at Aggborough . The first of the current squad to face the long walk away from Mark Yates's office were Gary Hay, Andy White, Luke Reynolds, Jake Sedgemore and Scott Eaton. ""Jake Sedgemore wanting to go part time next season to spend more time with his architect career.... ""

We need to find the sort of lads that have the ability BUT want part time football, Im suprised we have not been in contact and offered Paul Ellender some sort of deal if we need a centre back, the poor bastard hasnt been paid since jan and has every right to walk away from his contract,and Im suire would be happy to come back to Alty if he was offered reasonable terms.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sort of player we shuold be looking at ????
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 03:16:50 PM »

Don't be silly.

How would Ellender get a place in the team ahead of Gary Talbot?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 03:20:49 PM »

Ellender would get a gig at any number of conference outfits and I'm sure he'd want to remain full time. Also, as much as I loved him as a player I'm fairly sure he was on more than £100 a week when he was last here. Nice idea but can't see it happening.

Wouldn't surprise me if Sedgemore ends up at Tamworth.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 03:38:03 PM »

Agree new players should come in. Elender did a fantastic

Still a bit unsure about "Heathcote is yet to sit down with Andy Scott" bit, there can only be one outcome from that meeting surely???

More from the official site likr "there's the likes of Kieran Lugsden, Eddie Hussin and Colin Potts who you might like to bring back to the club". I thought we had discussed bringing pottsy back, but decided on something new. with lugsden we dont need any more strikers but DEFENSE is a massive priority.

Personally i think the club needs to hold trials for the next season, there are a lot of players out there who should relish a chance to play for alty. They carnt be any worse than andy scott either.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team