PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Young Speaks
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Young Speaks  (Read 9163 times)

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Young Speaks
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2016, 06:58:28 PM »

I'd make that 6 as we need another centre back to challenge/provide cover for Cyrus and Hannigan. Sam Heathcote needs to go out on loan to an Evo Stick team to toughen him up for this league.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 07:10:13 PM »

Sam helped to steady the ship on Tuesday during the second half

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2016, 09:15:59 PM »

The fact that Fylde took it easy in the second half plus us playing 10 at the back had a greater bearing on steadying the ship than anything Sam did. He was just as much a "rabbit in the headlights" as everybody else.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2016, 03:23:54 PM »

I'd make that 6 as we need another centre back to challenge/provide cover for Cyrus and Hannigan. Sam Heathcote needs to go out on loan to an Evo Stick team to toughen him up for this league.

I think sending any players out on loan to a lower league is utterly pointless.

The standard of the league even one below will be markedly worse than conf north. If players need time elsewhere they aren't good enough. By all accounts Sam is so just play him in the side, he'll toughen up soon enough, he'll get used to playing with the new players too and some cohesion will avoid any more capitulations like Fylde.

Leaving him out of the squad for two games out of every three certainly won't help.

We aren't going up this season more than likely but we wont go down either we might as well work on trying to gel these lads together and get rid of anyone we know we can replace with better.

One things for sure, with our current squad size if we still need six players then we must at least 4 that can go!

GB Alty

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2016, 04:23:32 PM »

steady the ship?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 04:27:17 PM »

steady the ship?
lift it from the ocean floor ?
ParkINson's red and white army

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2016, 04:40:55 PM »

The standard of the league even one below will be markedly worse than conf north. If players need time elsewhere they aren't good enough. By all accounts Sam is so just play him in the side, he'll toughen up soon enough, he'll get used to playing with the new players too and some cohesion will avoid any more capitulations like Fylde.

Leaving him out of the squad for two games out of every three certainly won't help.

We aren't going up this season more than likely but we wont go down either we might as well work on trying to gel these lads together and get rid of anyone we know we can replace with better.

One things for sure, with our current squad size if we still need six players then we must at least 4 that can go!
To be honest I also think sending players out on loan, as Young has said, is a waste of time as some of these players are just not going to get any better but as Heathcote is here for awhile (maybe forever) we may as well. It worked sending Watmore out to Clitheroe.

"....at least 4 that can go!"....yes in my book make that 10.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2016, 04:49:18 PM »

To be honest I also think sending players out on loan, as Young has said, is a waste of time as some of these players are just not going to get any better but as Heathcote is here for awhile (maybe forever) we may as well. It worked sending Watmore out to Clitheroe.

"....at least 4 that can go!"....yes in my book make that 10.

The thing is half these lads have already impressed at Clitheroe, I expect heathcote would do the same. He might get knocked about a bit in the process. The problem is they will come back, heathcote included, and get their pants pulled down and knocked about by Salford City or FCUM or whoever we are facing with a playing budget higher than we had last season and quality to match.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Young Speaks