PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Young Out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Author Topic: Young Out.  (Read 54359 times)

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Young Out.
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2016, 09:22:00 PM »

Isn't Jim Harvey out of a job? Surely worth a phone call from the board?
That is an excellent shout!

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2016, 10:14:14 PM »

Not posted for years but Neil Young needs to go, warned about him by a Stockport fan at work but was willing to him a chance but I'm afraid the man is clueless. Other than Patterson who I think has been good his signings have been dreadful. Worrying thing is he doesn't even seem to have a plan a to win a football match never mind a plan b.

Agree with everything Cheadle Hulme has said on the matter. Mr Rowley get rid now so we still have a chance of saving our season, unfortunately think he'll be given the friendly AFC benefit of the doubt and will still be here next summer.

Fuming/disappointed/gutted Alty fan.

View from the middle

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2016, 10:27:14 PM »

Not posted for years but Neil Young needs to go, warned about him by a Stockport fan at work but was willing to him a chance but I'm afraid the man is clueless. Other than Patterson who I think has been good his signings have been dreadful. Worrying thing is he doesn't even seem to have a plan a to win a football match never mind a plan b.

Agree with everything Cheadle Hulme has said on the matter. Mr Rowley get rid now so we still have a chance of saving our season, unfortunately think he'll be given the friendly AFC benefit of the doubt and will still be here next summer.

Fuming/disappointed/gutted Alty fan.

Couldn't agree more. That is half the issue. Far too nice of a club. Should we be a community club or a successful one on the pitch. Chairman needs to sort it. The likes of Crawley Fleetwood Burton etc when they were non league didn't bang on about being for the community. They weren't liked by anyone except their own fans but look at them now. We can't say our fans are happy at the moment.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2016, 12:11:00 AM »

Just wondering a couple of things.

Firstly when has anyone said that we are aiming to be a community club rather than a successful football club. (Incidentally the two are not inexorably connected)

Secondly, why, in theory, couldn't we be both?

And thirdly a clarification - Neil Tolson Wasn't sacked. To lose a job you have to have had it in the first place. He was a caretaker whose tenure was not continued

GB Alty

« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2016, 12:39:50 AM »

Firstly when has anyone said that we are aiming to be a community club rather than a successful football club. (Incidentally the two are not inexorably connected)

And thirdly a clarification - Neil Tolson Wasn't sacked. To lose a job you have to have had it in the first place. He was a caretaker whose tenure was not continued
stop asking questions about the mens team, stick to the ladies team and your own imposed exile
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 01:07:27 AM by Meat Ball »

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2016, 01:15:51 AM »

Now I think I've got this right but didn't Neil Tolson have a job with the first team, which he hasn't got anymore and didn't leave it by his own choice? In my book that's a sacking, assuming we didn't give the waster a redundancy payoff!!

Man of Moss

« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2016, 01:23:51 AM »

This is alty, we are on the way to oblivion, so damaging, come on, time to act and save the club

ripleym

« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2016, 07:33:45 AM »

This is probably blatantly obvious, but let's make sure we don't end up throwing the baby out with the bath water, yeah?

View from the middle

« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2016, 09:47:55 AM »

If you can name another football club on the planet that would use a significant transfer fee to build a 'community sports hall' rather than invest it into players or coaching staff then I will accept your point about not aiming to be a community club. In relation to your second question I think your use of the words 'in theory' speak volumes. You yourself think we can't be both otherwise you wouldn't use 'in theory' And your third point has been answered perfectly by Cheadle Hulme Alty. In short, the paying community at the community club think it's a bag of sh*t right now. I probably wouldn't be so quick to moan if I didn't have to pay to watch sh*t performance after sh*t performance. Would you actually pay to watch what's on offer at the moment in an entertainment business?

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2016, 10:12:32 AM »

If you can name another football club on the planet that would use a significant transfer fee to build a 'community sports hall' rather than invest it into players or coaching staff then I will accept your point about not aiming to be a community club. In relation to your second question I think your use of the words 'in theory' speak volumes. You yourself think we can't be both otherwise you wouldn't use 'in theory' And your third point has been answered perfectly by Cheadle Hulme Alty. In short, the paying community at the community club think it's a bag of sh*t right now. I probably wouldn't be so quick to moan if I didn't have to pay to watch sh*t performance after sh*t performance. Would you actually pay to watch what's on offer at the moment in an entertainment business?

If you are asking which other clubs would invest money in building a facility which makes the club more income over a longer period of time then the answer is: a lot.

Aside from the community aspect, the CSH has improved club income streams massively because of the better bar and food preparation facilities. Club volunteers know how much extra money it is making this club.

I'm sick of people slagging it off just because the first team is sh*t.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2016, 10:24:34 AM »

If you are asking which other clubs would invest money in building a facility which makes the club more income over a longer period of time then the answer is: a lot.

Aside from the community aspect, the CSH has improved club income streams massively because of the better bar and food preparation facilities. Club volunteers know how much extra money it is making this club.

I'm sick of people slagging it off just because the first team is sh*t.

At least we can have a decent pint and some nice food while we entertain the likes of Mickleover Sports and Rushall Olympic.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2016, 10:30:13 AM »

For those who don't understand the concept, we can now re invest our additional food and bar revenue into the playing squad. If we had poured all our money at the time into the playing squad it would be long gone and we would have even less money week to week.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

arnald

« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2016, 10:34:56 AM »

For those who don't understand the concept, we can now re invest our additional food and bar revenue into the playing squad. If we had poured all our money at the time into the playing squad it would be long gone and we would have even less money week to week.
very true and just becouse  the team is rubbish let's not tear the ground down

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2016, 10:38:21 AM »

People are getting nostalgic about ex managers and ex players, I gather most people on here didn't see it take last years shower of sh*t 3 and a half hours to scrape past a southern league side in the FAT. The form after Christmas was abysmal, and we need to move forward not backwards. The management needs to stop over complicating things, sign an adult keeper and just play a 4-4-2 with a winger or two, and get a settled side and some continuity. Appreciate hannigans injury has come at a bad bad time but just get a back four (yesterday's) and let them play together at least until Hannigan is fit. Use Charlton and or menegh as wide men, it's a simple game at this level. I can Guarantee if they play

Patterson--Cyrus---Heathcote--sumner

Menagh----Moult---Goodhall------Charlton/BHC
........................Reeves...Lawrie/Bell

They'd beat curzon next Saturday

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2016, 10:43:54 AM »

People are getting nostalgic about ex managers and ex players, I gather most people on here didn't see it take last years shower of sh*t 3 and a half hours to scrape past a southern league side in the FAT. The form after Christmas was abysmal, and we need to move forward not backwards. The management needs to stop over complicating things, sign an adult keeper and just play a 4-4-2 with a winger or two, and get a settled side and some continuity. Appreciate hannigans injury has come at a bad bad time but just get a back four (yesterday's) and let them play together at least until Hannigan is fit. Use Charlton and or menegh as wide men, it's a simple game at this level. I can Guarantee if they play

Patterson--Cyrus---Heathcote--sumner

Menagh----Moult---Goodhall------Charlton/BHC
........................Reeves...Lawrie/Bell

They'd beat curzon next Saturday

This
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Young Out.