PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Young Out.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

Author Topic: Young Out.  (Read 54361 times)

GB Alty

Re: Young Out.
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2016, 06:03:23 PM »

Lets not panic hey guys, we are only three games in with a brand new squad. as they are finding their feet and learning to play together this was always a possibility. When you see how Fylde played so early in the season, I would rather have met them October/November when we have been together a little longer. All has been said by Neil, who was more shocked than we were and it has not been easy for him with all the slatings on the site. He has taken a gamble I know, but I back him up until he had had more chance to prove himself. Losing Tom to injury has not helped either as the two centre backs had a good thing going. Typical of our luck recently that.

One swallow does not make a summer, and likewise the team will want to come back from that and prove themselves, nobody is hurting harder than they are.

I believe in them and you all should too, put it right on Saturday lads, and show us what we know you are capable of.

Hmm  ::) can we panic yet Steve or shall we remain positive all the way to the EvoStik? The whole club is a shambles and us fans are being sh*t on. The most loyal fans in non league football no less.  Board with no balls, manager with no clue and most of the squad aren't up to it.
excellent post

taxi Phil

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2016, 07:22:49 PM »

I can't find a single positive from today. Gainsborough were mediocre at best but still turned us over. I blame Dawber at least 75% for the first goal, but he had no chance with the second after Cyrus f**ked up royally.

Lynch was lucky to get away with a yellow for a shocking foul. He works hard but he's not up to this level. Cyrus isn't half the player without Hannigan. Lawrie worked his socks off but tried too much fancy stuff then lost possession. The young striker looked good for 20 minutes then faded.....but when Young took him and Heathcote off he brought on midfield players. I used to worry about Sinnott's substitutions but this guy takes it to a whole new level. I'm not even sure why he subbed Sam who'd been less poor than others.

I'd send Sumner back tonight....Charlton would have probably put more in. Reeves yet again received little service, but missed the only half decent chance that came his way.

Patterson and Moult were the only ones who I don't offer criticism of.

Young and his management team have to go, and soon. At the moment I could only write 6 names on the team sheet for Saturday.....nobody else is up to the mark or is ill/injured.

Mark my words we are already in a relegation dogfight. I can't see where the next win will come from.....even Curzon must looking forward to turning us over. It's a nightmare.

arnald

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2016, 07:39:05 PM »

The match report on the main sight is very depressing no hope. curzon might give us a game
As for kiddy no chance

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2016, 07:53:48 PM »

Just returned home from the game.

Very very very poor. We didn't have a shot on target, the closest we came was a chip from the halfway line!

Started ok and looked competitive in a first half with no chances in it.

Second half was embarrassing, never even looked like getting back into it after going behind.

Very few positives at all.

brinners

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2016, 07:56:47 PM »

I think there'll be a sub 500 crowd for the loss to Curzon and then even our spineless chairman will have to do something.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2016, 07:58:28 PM »

I think there'll be a sub 500 crowd for the loss to Curzon and then even our spineless chairman will have to do something.

Not yet but keep losing and it could happen ,  I think there will  be 800 minimum for curzon probably more
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 08:03:07 PM by Timperley The Best »

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2016, 08:23:52 PM »

No need to have a dig at the chairman is there? Give him a break man.

brinners

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2016, 08:33:32 PM »

Why not? Did the manager appoint himself? Do you think the chairman will have the guts to end this farce now? I don't.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2016, 08:40:32 PM »

It's down to the manager though isn't it? We were all ready to give Young a chance at least and so was the chairman.

I've given him 10 games to make an impression as I believe all managers deserve that but it's not looking good at the moment. I believe the chairman will do what has to be done if it comes down to it though...There's a difference between struggling in the national and floundering in the North.

andrewflynn

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2016, 08:50:30 PM »

There's no way on earth a Saturday Bank Holiday Weekend game will see an attendance that low. Curzon will bring 50-100 as well.

My biggest concern is that the prophecies of the Stockport fans are beginning to be fulfilled. All the talk about Neil Young playing lads out of position, about running with an unnecessarily big squad, about operating with a conveyor belt of loan signings... It all seems perfectly reasonable at this point

The man has signed players, and despite talking incredibly highly of them at the time, they've gone on to be virtually non existent in our games this season. Charlton, Menagh and Miller being the main three. I know for a fact Hasler-Cregg is still working his way back to fitness though.

Cyrus, Hannigan and Patterson are the only signings that have reached the standard I expect of this club.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2016, 09:09:14 PM »

Reading the reports of people at the game it makes me so sad

What a very sad state of affairs

We deserve much better than this
ParkINson's red and white army

brinners

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2016, 09:15:04 PM »

A friend of mine at the match today has just texted me to say it's the worst Alty team he has ever seen. It's heartbreaking to see stuff like that and it makes you wonder where we go from here. I saw us get a very streaky point at Harrogate and I was worried then.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2016, 09:16:04 PM »

Isn't Jim Harvey out of a job? Surely worth a phone call from the board?

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2016, 09:18:04 PM »

There's no way on earth a Saturday Bank Holiday Weekend game will see an attendance that low. Curzon will bring 50-100 as well.

My biggest concern is that the prophecies of the Stockport fans are beginning to be fulfilled. All the talk about Neil Young playing lads out of position, about running with an unnecessarily big squad, about operating with a conveyor belt of loan signings... It all seems perfectly reasonable at this point

The man has signed players, and despite talking incredibly highly of them at the time, they've gone on to be virtually non existent in our games this season. Charlton, Menagh and Miller being the main three. I know for a fact Hasler-Cregg is still working his way back to fitness though.

Cyrus, Hannigan and Patterson are the only signings that have reached the standard I expect of this club.
Exactly why I said I was totally underwhelmed by the appointment. Surely the Board must have been aware of the almighty cock-up he made of the County job and to not go anywhere near him.

He talked highly of players but to be honest it only took me a couple of friendlies to realise that the majority were crap. We need him and his coaches out now along with the rest of the players bar the three you mentioned as being up to standard.

We can't afford to give him 10 games.....that's a quarter of the season. We need to take action now and give a new manager a decent chance.

old alty fan

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2016, 09:18:13 PM »

I have a feeling that even at this early stage of the season Young has lost the dressing room,and if that is the case it is time for the Chairman to act NOW..

The manager stated he would look at the disater last Tuesday and address things,clearly the message has not got through to the players.

I dont ofton post on here but a message to the Chairman,Act Now before it is to late,us the fans (your bread and butter)deserve better we have been through

the highs and lows,and right now we are pretty near rock bottom.

A DOUBLE RELEGATION IS NOT AN OPTION
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Young Out.