PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ALTY SIGN YOUNG BURNLEY STRIKER ON LOAN
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ALTY SIGN YOUNG BURNLEY STRIKER ON LOAN  (Read 7497 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: August 08, 2016, 07:24:35 PM »

Altrincham's joint Press and Media Officer, John Edwards, writes, "Neil Young has added blistering pace to his attacking options by signing teenage Burnley striker Khius Metz on loan. The 18-year old is described on Burnley's official website as being 'lightning quick' and could have pursued a career in athletics after smashing Darren Campbell's national schools record time in the 200 metres two years ago.
He opted for football, instead, and has made such a favourable impression at Turf Moor that, while seven other youngsters were released at the end of last season, he was offered new terms.

Burnley bosses sanctioned his loan move to Alty after feeling he would benefit from game time at a more senior level, and he goes straight into Alty manager Young's squad for Tuesday night's Vanarama National League North game against FC Halifax Town at The Shay.

Reflecting on his latest capture, Young said, 'With his exceptional pace, Khius will give us that added dimension in forward areas that we have been trying to bring in.'

Already capped at under-19 level by the Republic of Ireland, Metz signed new terms at Burnley in March, with youth coach Michael Jolley commenting, 'His biggest strength is obviously his incredible pace, and he has already played international football for his age group, which is another feather in his cap and can only aid his development. We feel he still has a lot of potential to improve, and more regular game time will help him do that.'"

@AltyDaz

brinners

Re: ALTY SIGN YOUNG BURNLEY STRIKER ON LOAN
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 07:28:41 PM »

That is one hell of a relief. Welcome to Alty Khius.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 07:59:02 PM »

Good news.

Who and how many are going out?
Full time and proud of it

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 08:28:37 PM »

I can find no evidence to back up this statement "could have pursued a career in athletics after smashing Darren Campbell's national schools record time in the 200 metres two years ago."

For a start Darren Campbell did not hold the National Schools record for 200m; for another Khius only has times in the database for 100m and none for 200m; and finally I watched Adam Gemili set a blistering new schoolboys U20 record at Derby in 2012, whilst my son was dong the High Jump...

Khius was the 7th fastest 100m runner in the country at U15 in 2012 though -so definitely fast

Frosty

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 09:07:27 PM »

How long is the loan?

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 09:25:20 PM »

I can find no evidence to back up this statement "could have pursued a career in athletics after smashing Darren Campbell's national schools record time in the 200 metres two years ago."

For a start Darren Campbell did not hold the National Schools record for 200m; for another Khius only has times in the database for 100m and none for 200m; and finally I watched Adam Gemili set a blistering new schoolboys U20 record at Derby in 2012, whilst my son was dong the High Jump...

Khius was the 7th fastest 100m runner in the country at U15 in 2012 though -so definitely fast
Well you'd better take it up with the Burnley Telegraph and all sorts of other publications, who all reported that he 'smashed' Campbell's 200m schools record.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 09:45:38 PM »

I am led to believe that Khius is even faster than Ian Tunnicliffe!!

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 10:23:39 PM »

I take it he can't play left back?!!

bighairedmike

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 02:30:23 AM »

I am led to believe that Khius is even faster than Ian Tunnicliffe!!

If he's not faster than watmore I hope he's sent back.

GB Alty

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 09:36:22 AM »

Well you'd better take it up with the Burnley Telegraph and all sorts of other publications, who all reported that he 'smashed' Campbell's 200m schools record.
Presume this article has been directly lifted from the Burnley Telegraph then?

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2016, 10:22:34 AM »

No, of course the article wasn't lifted from the Burnley Telegraph. Give me some credit. As always when asked to announce a new signing, I did some research on the player to ensure the article sent to the website contained as much information about him as possible. The Burnley Telegraph, the Lancashire Telegraph and countless other publications and media outlets reported that our new loan signing broke Darren Campbell's 200 metres schools record two years ago. No reason to disbelieve them, so I included it in my piece, as it was obviously relevant to the fact that he possesses lightning pace.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 12:31:28 PM »

How long is the loan?

Until January according to Burnley, so made a good impression on NY in the friendly?

http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/article/2016-17/metz-joins-altrincham-3235175.aspx

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2016, 01:09:08 PM »

No, of course the article wasn't lifted from the Burnley Telegraph. Give me some credit. As always when asked to announce a new signing, I did some research on the player to ensure the article sent to the website contained as much information about him as possible. The Burnley Telegraph, the Lancashire Telegraph and countless other publications and media outlets reported that our new loan signing broke Darren Campbell's 200 metres schools record two years ago. No reason to disbelieve them, so I included it in my piece, as it was obviously relevant to the fact that he possesses lightning pace.

I may be wrong but I interpreted those reports as relating to Darren Campbell's 200m record at Ashton-on-Mersey school rather than any recognised national school record:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14375372.Burnley_youngster_Metz_makes_the_step_up__but_seven_are_released_by_Clarets/

https://en-gb.facebook.com/khius.metz

« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 01:12:26 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

roytonmike

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 01:48:20 PM »

I may be wrong but I interpreted those reports as relating to Darren Campbell's 200m record at Ashton-on-Mersey school rather than any recognised national school record:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14375372.Burnley_youngster_Metz_makes_the_step_up__but_seven_are_released_by_Clarets/

https://en-gb.facebook.com/khius.metz

That's certainly the way it reads to me - wearing my 'former modern languages teacher' hat, school (singular) implies the school he attended; had the record been at a representative level school would have been pluralised. I'm not nit-picking - just applying logic.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 01:51:57 PM by roytonmike »

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 01:59:43 PM »

Let's just take it for granted he is very fast for a footballer..............Our press guys are volunteers and their work is very professional and we are lucky to have them on-board at this level of football..............if there has been a mistake, then fine, we will allow them the odd one !.............has anyone read the BBC's attempts
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team