News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yesterday's goals here

Author Topic: Yesterday's goals here  (Read 5147 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

arnald

Re: Yesterday's goals here
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 10:29:52 AM »

Why is kicking the ball a penalty

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 10:51:18 AM »

First time I've seen those.

Good cross and header for our first goal. Poor defending for theirs.

Our penalty was blatant, two footed from behind by the keeper, he can have no complaints.

Unsure what their penalty was for? Looks like our man trapped the ball and their striker went sprawling over a leg that was controlling the ball? Poor decision.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 12:46:02 PM »

2nd pen looks very very harsh .. seemed like he was levelling it out to me weak decision
ParkINson's red and white army

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 02:59:41 PM »

Our penalty was blatant, two footed from behind by the keeper, he can have no complaints.

Unsure what their penalty was for? Looks like our man trapped the ball and their striker went sprawling over a leg that was controlling the ball? Poor decision.
Exactly what I said about their penalty on radio robins live at the time, without the benefit of any replays. It was that obvious, and I couldn't believe it when the referee pointed to the spot. There was no evening up to be done, either. That would imply some doubt about our award, when there was none whatsoever. Shocking decision.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 03:24:33 PM »

Agree about both penalties and thought so at the time, however they had another one not given soon after that looked more of a penalty

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 03:51:31 PM »

Exactly what I said about their penalty on radio robins live at the time, without the benefit of any replays. It was that obvious, and I couldn't believe it when the referee pointed to the spot. There was no evening up to be done, either. That would imply some doubt about our award, when there was none whatsoever. Shocking decision.
Not saying you are wrong but the penalised Alty player made no appeal at all. Others did but he just walked away.I know it's circumstantial but it's human nature to complain at least a bit if you think you have been wrongly penalised - especially at that point in the game.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 03:57:25 PM »

Not saying you are wrong but the penalised Alty player made no appeal at all. Others did but he just walked away.I know it's circumstantial but it's human nature to complain at least a bit if you think you have been wrongly penalised - especially at that point in the game.

Quite. Hannigan's reaction is instructive as is Jake Moult's. It's a strange incident as it's hard to work out what stops the ball but I do think Hannigan had a swing and made contact with their player, so a penalty was fair enough. It's certainly not an obvious mistake but another ref might have given us the benefit of the doubt.

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2016, 08:44:57 PM »

looking at the slow motion highlights - the bloke clearly trod on the ball and so fell over.

sweetfa

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2016, 10:36:27 PM »

I was listening to you on RR John - heard your description - now I've seen it and you were bang on - terrible decision - two points down the tubes

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 09:27:27 AM »

looking at the slow motion highlights - the bloke clearly trod on the ball and so fell over.

I think you're right. I also think Hannigan made contact with him at the same time. So is that a penalty or not?

arnald

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 09:32:28 AM »

It sounds like ny ain't to botherd about the penalty decision more a case of
We should have been ready for there throw in . Still robbed of 2 points defo
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yesterday's goals here