News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport - 3rd September

Author Topic: Stockport - 3rd September  (Read 6907 times)

bumble

« on: July 10, 2016, 11:07:20 AM »

Unfortunately the fixture computer has given us FCUM over Xmas, and Kiddy and Curzon over the bank holiday. FCUM will cost a lot in policing and Kiddy might not be the pull Tranmere and county and bristol have recently been.

However, 3rd September we host Stockport County. It just so happens to be Non League Day.

Non-League day is on the international weekend meaning we have a chance of a cracking gate.

If we can get this right publicity wise, we can inject some much needed cash in to the coffers.

Any thoughts on how to promote this beyond  a usual discount for season ticket holders?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 11:09:30 AM by Jack Jolly »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stockport - 3rd September
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 11:13:44 AM »

If they have a good start to the season they would possibly bring 1800 plus meaning it might be all ticket?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 12:37:34 PM »

If only someone would produce a slightly jaunty poster
Bernard Taylors barmy army

flaggerN

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 04:13:01 PM »

Family ticket two adults and two kids £25 bought before the game
Family ticket one adult and three kids £18     ".            ".    ".      "
Free voucher for admission to F A youth cup against Stockport a few days later

GB Alty

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 08:36:12 AM »

bit odd, your supposed to give discounts to boost an otherwise what would be a low turn out

Not to discount a game that is a massive draw anyway, and with it writing off our payday

roytonmike

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 09:27:39 AM »

bit odd, your supposed to give discounts to boost an otherwise what would be a low turn out
Not to discount a game that is a massive draw anyway, and with it writing off our payday
I tend to agree with this comment. Further, daft as it sounds, I suspect it would be against the competition rules to offer free entry to a Youth Cup match - in the same way as with FA Cup & Trophy games, where everyone has to pay.

flaggerN

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 05:22:15 PM »

Ideas that's all. I didn't say they were good ones however what have you come up with ?

brisbane_alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 07:14:52 AM »

I was excited to see that fixture on 3rd September, as I will be making a flying visit home that weekend. I can't remember the last game I went to, but it was several years ago. And it will likely be some years before I'm back again, so I'm really looking forward to attending this match.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 09:25:42 AM »

I was excited to see that fixture on 3rd September, as I will be making a flying visit home that weekend. I can't remember the last game I went to, but it was several years ago. And it will likely be some years before I'm back again, so I'm really looking forward to attending this match.
bring the weather with you please
ParkINson's red and white army

Jezza

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 12:18:08 PM »

so do we categorise matches making this and the fcum matches a category a match and put the price up to capitalise on what is going to be a big crowd puller anyway.....

or make it bigger and use the occasion to draw in extra fans for the long term interest.....

or do nothing and just work to make smaller matches more attractive?

I'd suggest if we did a xmas football for the fans deal for the fcum game they'd all come (as in fcum fans)...all 3,000 of them.....try and capitalise and the buggers would boycott...

I personally think we should use these big matches and turn them into bigger occasions.....and hope the bloody team turns up!  ;D

lets get more away fans in, more home fans in and sell some beer and chips and make more future fans....

GB Alty

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 09:46:47 PM »

We do none of your stupid suggestions

Imagine if we put the prices up just because we were playing a team with a bigger following. Disgraceful way to treat supporters

As for dropping prices do that against Curzon and Flyde when otherwise we only get 800

Big games are big games, do you think we would sell anymore beer if we dropped the admission prices? Its hard to get a pint at half time with only 800 people
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 09:51:26 PM by Meat Ball »

bumble

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 11:02:18 PM »

Imagine if we put the prices up just because we were playing a team with a bigger following. Disgraceful way to treat supporters

As for dropping prices do that against Curzon and Flyde when otherwise we only get 800

Big games are big games, do you think we would sell anymore beer if we dropped the admission prices? Its hard to get a pint at half time with only 800 people

Why not make a big game bigger?

There are more ways to increase attendances than a price drop..

andrewflynn

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 07:16:54 AM »

Why not make a big game bigger?

There are more ways to increase attendances than a price drop..

Agreed. A well planned advertisement of the game is all that is needed.

Jezza

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 07:53:52 AM »

Meat ball...i suggest you see a doctor regarding your irony deficiency  ;D

Certainly learn to read posts...you seem to completely miss the fact that i made the point about treating fans properly and the consequences of not doing so.

The media interest and promtion of our play off final a few years ago resulted in an attendance way beyond expectations ....and many of those new fans will have stayed with us...and we didnt adjust the price.

But we should always look at all ways we can to increase interest in big games and small games..

CountyFan

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2016, 03:15:15 PM »

If they have a good start to the season they would possibly bring 1800 plus meaning it might be all ticket?

If we have a decent start we'll bring in excess of 2000, we're good business for the pubs and there's never any trouble.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team