News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Widnes v Altrincham - MATCH THREAD

Author Topic: Widnes v Altrincham - MATCH THREAD  (Read 6314 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 04, 2016, 03:55:56 PM »

Squad at present

Goalkeepers
Andrew Dawber

Defenders

Callum Charlton
Shaun Densmore
Tom Hannigan
Sam Heathcote
John Cyrus
Sam Patterson

Midfielders

Jake Moult
Simon Richman
Charlie Joyce
David Lynch
Jamie Menagh
Billy Hasler-Cregg
Sean Miller

Forwards

Damian Reeves
James Lawrie
Craig Hobson
Danny Hattersley

Maybe we will see some additions this week or some trialists in action

Only ONE POUND to get in on Sunday

Directions are here

http://www.selectsecuritystadium.co.uk/location/

Trains if needed are

12:04 Altrincham
12:21 Stockport

12:26 Stockport
13:04 Widnes

16:11 Widnes
16:38 Manchester Oxford road

17:18 Manchester Oxford Road
17:47 Altrincham

£12.70 return

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Widnes v Altrincham - MATCH THREAD
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 09:28:08 PM »

Widnes match preview

http://goo.gl/hhuHo6

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 01:56:25 PM »

Today's Alty XI to play Widnes FC:

O'Loughlin, Quansah, Cain, Cuff, Hannigan, Lynch, Lawrie, Patterson, Moult, Hobson, Hasler-Cregg.

Subs: Dawber, Reeves, Heathcote, Richman.

O'Loughlin?

http://www.evertonfc.com/players/c/co/ciaran-oloughlin

Quansah?

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/12894452.Warrington_teen_Quansah_signs_pro_deal/

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 03:23:03 PM »

So Quansah is a holding midfield player who was under contract to a League club ?

Alan who ?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 04:29:31 PM »

I wouldn't class Quansah as an experienced holding midfield player which is what was stated in the club statement about the imminent signing.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 05:12:01 PM »

Quansah played CB alongside hannigan in first half

brinners

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 05:20:54 PM »

Decent workout I thought. Hattersley looked quite useful with Reevesy and the ginger midfielder from the second half (Menagh?) looked full of energy. Also, I thought the young lad from Rochdale looked like he could deliver a half decent cross from the left in the first half and i could see how that could be quite useful for the two strikers moving forward. Will be a tougher test against Chester.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:26:14 PM by brinners »

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2016, 05:23:12 PM »

I wouldn't class Quansah as an experienced holding midfield player which is what was stated in the club statement about the imminent signing.
Define "imminent".....

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2016, 06:39:27 PM »

Define "imminent".....

I'n not after an English lesson tbh,I was just pointing out that Quansah isn't an experienced football league holding midfielder.

arnald

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 09:11:33 PM »

It takes a loyal fan to watch alty  friendly games respect to the fans ,
Me ide rather listen to  Andy Murray discus his fav carpet samples  with Steve Davis

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2016, 10:55:36 PM »

Define "imminent".....

I'n not after an English lesson tbh,I was just pointing out that Quansah isn't an experienced football league holding midfielder.
You're not getting an English lesson tbh. And I agree with your point about Quansah. But when we are told that a signing is "imminent", and we're expecting something on July 1st,  it's a tad disappointing not to have any news 9 days later.

mortlakebob

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2016, 11:20:18 PM »

My first post for a few years and my first alty pre season friendly for a generation!
Just intrigued i guess by a new manager and such a fresh approach with so many new faces.
My immediate thoughts. We have a manager again who will connect with the fans. Sinnott did a lot right but there was never an emotional connection with the fans and i really think at this level of football, thats a really important thing. I really think fans will admire his approach and his energy. And i like the fact hes got 2 assistsants to bounce off. You could tell today was a big deal for all of them.
On players, well with the exception of Hannigan we only got a 45 minute glimppse of new players, old players and trialists.
Some really positive first impressions though to share.
I think Jamie Menagh is a real prospect in centre midfield. high energy. A reminder of what we just didnt have last season. Always looking to set the tempo and always looking for a fast forward pass.
We've also got a 19 year old left winger Billy Hasler Cregg who fans are going to enjoy. Always looking to take players on and make things happen.
I also liked the look of a really bright hard working central midfielder David Lynch who is only 22. He is full of energy and attack minded.
We were without 3 players today who i would expect to be in a starting eleven in a months time due to fitness and holidays - Densmore, right midfielder Sean Miller and the 2nd centre back John Cyrus who is very quick and a good prospect.
Slightly concerned a lot of faith is being put in a 19 year old keeper who looked a bit shaky on crosses.
Hard to judge either Hattersley or Hobson the two 6foot 3 strikers. The latter wasnt match fit. The former also, but he looked good with ball at his feet, credit to Reeves. Thought he looked sharper and more refreshed today than he did for first league games last August.
Really enjoyed this unprecedented glimpse of so many new young faces at once. Hope ive picked out a few of them for any of you to look out for ovef the next month.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2016, 11:22:10 PM »

I went to the game today, parts of the match were a little stale, as you would expect for a first friendly. There were some players who I thought may be useful, but as I say it is early days. I go to Turkey next weekend for my jollies so am missing all the remaining friendlies. It as the only chance I had of checking out our team before the start of the season, much confusion by the way with the team/players and learning who was who. Several players made an initial impression on me. In the first half I thought Harry Cain,  and Billy Hasler-Cregg looked good. Tom Hannigan also impressed. In the second half, Jamie Menagh (who is the ginger midfielder) was very good and the two forwards, Reevsie and Danny Hattersley. The 2nd goal for Alty started with a great through-pass from Jamie Menagh. That was an absolute peach. Got loads of new songs to think up now.

See what happens during the next couple of friendlies, I will keeping a close eye from Olu Deniz!!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team