PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ladies Pre Season
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ladies Pre Season  (Read 18986 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ladies Pre Season
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2016, 11:24:45 PM »

Ladies Supporter

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2016, 11:30:31 PM »

Cheers Flynnie

Megan is one of our new signings and is only sixteen. A definite prospect

bumble

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2016, 07:57:59 AM »

Thanks for that Jack

Given that all the teams that you mention (a) Got more game time on the hallowed turf than the Ladies last season and (B) are male, without seeking in any way to be confrontational precisely how much respect do you personally think the Ladies team are due?

We are aware of the fact that, under present regulations, we cannot provise a first team player, unlike the other teams but we have made significant progress over a very short period of time and, we believe, represent the Club in a very positive manner.

Youve answered your own question really. They don't lead to a first team prospect. They did however get a beer festival spot.

Ultimately - I don't mean this disrespectfully - they are a recreational side, same as our Supporters team. The reserves play at Cheshire League level and would provide a more competitive fixture for the paying customer.

I'd rather perhaps see a walking football match
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 09:07:44 AM by Jack Jolly »

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2016, 09:13:00 AM »

With all due respect to the womens team, there are several teams that deserve the coverted pre match moss lane KO. Our Under 18, Youth and Reserves to start with.
I think the groundsman has enough to do to protect the pitch without extra games being played on it. I prefer the current arrangement where some of our representative teams get to play at ML during the Beer Festival.
They really should be beating teams like us

Ladies Supporter

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2016, 09:38:05 AM »

Thanks for that Jack

Given that all the teams that you mention (a) Got more game time on the hallowed turf than the Ladies last season and (B) are male, without seeking in any way to be confrontational precisely how much respect do you personally think the Ladies team are due?

We are aware of the fact that, under present regulations, we cannot provise a first team player, unlike the other teams but we have made significant progress over a very short period of time and, we believe, represent the Club in a very positive manner.

Youve answered your own question really. They don't lead to a first team prospect. They did however get a beer festival spot.

Ultimately - I don't mean this disrespectfully - they are a recreational side, same as our Supporters team. The reserves play at Cheshire League level and would provide a more competitive fixture for the paying customer.

Whilst accepting your point Jack I would just like to correct a glaring error in your response.

The Ladies are not a "recreational" team as you put it. In fact, playing at Level 4 of our Pyramid we are playing at the highest level within their respective League Structures of any Senior team in the Club.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2016, 09:51:01 AM »

Thanks for that Jack

Jack, given how garbage our first team is right now, I find it hard to believe you think anyone would want a serving up of the reserves before watching the first team?

I'd happily come and watch the ladies play if I had the time and we had a pitch and ground staff that could handle it. However, I would raise concerns ovr puting the pitch under unnecessary pressure, we should do all we can to avoid a fixture pile up for the first team.

bumble

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2016, 09:59:24 AM »

Thanks for that Jack

Jack, given how garbage our first team is right now, I find it hard to believe you think anyone would want a serving up of the reserves before watching the first team?

I'd happily come and watch the ladies play if I had the time and we had a pitch and ground staff that could handle it. However, I would raise concerns ovr puting the pitch under unnecessary pressure, we should do all we can to avoid a fixture pile up for the first team.

I didnt say id go an watch. I said id rather watch reserves than the womens team pre match.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2016, 10:24:31 AM »

Thanks for that Jack

The supporters team are a bit more than a recreational side. They represent the club as well as the all the other Alty teams.
The Ladies team play in a competitive league and have made significant progress in their short history.
Maybe we could have a walking football match take place at the next beer festival.
They really should be beating teams like us

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2016, 12:43:53 PM »

Thanks for that Jack

The supporters team are a bit more than a recreational side. They represent the club as well as the all the other Alty teams.
The Ladies team play in a competitive league and have made significant progress in their short history.
Maybe we could have a walking football match take place at the next beer festival.

I'd also like to add our Juniors section - which we dont publicise as well as we could at times, now has 39 boys teams in leagues, 10 girls teams in leagues, a 2hour Saturday club for Ages U6-U8 and a girls Wednesday club for any below U9.  Its booming with about 700 kids enjoying junior football and playing in Alty kits !

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2016, 12:55:16 PM »

I'd also like to add our Juniors section - which we dont publicise as well as we could at times, now has 39 boys teams in leagues, 10 girls teams in leagues, a 2hour Saturday club for Ages U6-U8 and a girls Wednesday club for any below U9.  Its booming with about 700 kids enjoying junior football and playing in Alty kits !

That really is superb. Just the thought of so many youngsters in Alty kits gives us great hope for the future.
Come on Alty!

Ladies Supporter

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2016, 01:26:07 PM »

It's brilliant to have an involvement with the Juniors - such a lot of enthusiasm and no lack of skill either.

Hopefully the future will be bright if we can keep hold of some of these Juniors

bumble

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2016, 04:46:00 PM »

Hi Jack

Any chance maybe of responding to the question as to how much respect, in your opinion, the Ladies Team are due?

Incidentally have you ever watched them, other than at the Beer Festival? or even watched the footage of some of the goals?

I suspect from your observation that you would rather watch the reserves than the Ladies that you are not a san of Ladies Football and that is fine Why not just say so though?

Youre wrong.

I have actually watched a fair ammount of womens football. I attended many games at the olympics at OT and watch the BBC coverage of Englands womens international coverage. I also follow WSL on FB for their round up highlights package.

I watched all the goals on twitter.  Sorry to disappoint you x

Anyway, womens football will not provide our first team with players. Secondly, with all due respect the reserve are a better quality product to draw in crowds.

ripleym

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2016, 05:48:56 PM »

For what it's worth, as someone who has watched and photographed a number of games, I think the quality of football on display is top drawer.  As much as I would like to see a youth academy produce an end product for the men's first team, I think it is as equally important to see the same happen with the ladies team.

This is very much a team on the up, and when I have fallen out of love with football on a Saturday, the ladies team always picks me back up on the following Sunday.

Ladies Supporter

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2016, 10:44:03 PM »

For what it's worth, as someone who has watched and photographed a number of games, I think the quality of football on display is top drawer.  As much as I would like to see a youth academy produce an end product for the men's first team, I think it is as equally important to see the same happen with the ladies team.

This is very much a team on the up, and when I have fallen out of love with football on a Saturday, the ladies team always picks me back up on the following Sunday.

It's worth one hell of a lot Mike - Thanks from all of us associated with the Ladies
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ladies Pre Season