News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rankine

Author Topic: Rankine  (Read 2769 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Rankine
« on: May 11, 2016, 10:45:46 AM »

Didn't realise his goal ratio in the league last season was that decent - 209 minutes per goal, according to the BBC...?

Seems to have come in for some stick more recently, but I for one would be quite keen to retain him if we can.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Rankine
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 12:10:39 PM »

His finishing had room for improvement but on the whole he was decent. He appeared to injure his back v Macc and wasn't as effective after.

I think the biggest problem is when he played with reeves in a 442 we kept getting over run (and hoofed the ball up to him). When he played on his own it meant reeves didn't play. Some people did try to say that if you left reeves on the bench for 3 months we'd get relegated like in 2011 but were dismissed as moaners talking with hindsight.

Anyway, if we can stop hoofing it and maybe get some wingers in you'd think reeves and Rankine would be a good conf north strike force.

brian1925

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 01:15:28 PM »

We didn't play hoofball because Rankine was playing - we played hoofball because we didn't have anyone good or creative enough to get the ball to either of our strikers any other way.

Like MarpleAlty I'd like him to sign. It is a concern though that we have heard little about the players offered terms.

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 03:22:43 PM »

We didn't play hoofball because Rankine was playing - we played hoofball because we didn't have anyone good or creative enough to get the ball to either of our strikers any other way.

Like MarpleAlty I'd like him to sign. It is a concern though that we have heard little about the players offered terms.

I don't expect we'll here about them for a while yet.....some of them may be mulling over other offers before deciding where to go.

bumble

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 03:43:30 PM »

I don't expect we'll here about them for a while yet.....some of them may be mulling over other offers before deciding where to go.

I'd like to think we won't get caught between and we'll have set them a deadline

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 04:01:16 PM »

I wouldn't be too worried. We've done our bit quicker than any other club has.

The players won't want to dwell on it too much either way. With released lists now being announced almost daily they'd be wise to make their decision soon, whether it's stick or twist.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rankine