News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Plenty of twists and turns yet

Author Topic: Plenty of twists and turns yet  (Read 2359 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 11, 2007, 08:58:29 AM »

I wouldnt be so sure about anything until the AGM, there is clubs in absolute turmoil all over this f**king league, and if the league dont want showing up as idiots again, especially now they have new sponsors and a new TV deal giving them more coverage than ever before, then if they are going to weild the broom it will be at this years AGM.For me Boston United has a another Newport County written all over it, and due to the FA insisting the league take them,the conference may well be left with egg on its face once again.And the fixtures all in chaos should they suddenly go pop in october,could the conference not agree to accept them and put them in conf north to lower their wage budget and reduce their travelling costs and over all spending?

Another club in trouble that few seem to mention are halifax

http://www.halifaxtoday.co.uk/local-news?articleid=2862291

As for Crawley town saying they have "the all clear to play in the conf national next year"
They haven't been told they have the all clear. That is their spin on events. They have been told that the cva does not preclude them from being eligible to seek membership, a very different thing.

They will, like all other conference clubs be subject to providing reassurances about their ability to meet the membership criteria for the season ahead. Given the events at crawley over the past year, it is by no means certain that their memership of the conference will automatically be ratified at the conference AGM
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 09:10:37 AM by Hughesy »

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Plenty of twists and turns yet
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 11:38:59 AM »

When IS the Conference AGM again anyone?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 12:15:55 PM »

Have to say I do think we are clutching straws but who knows what might happen, and yes when is the AGM?

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 12:26:15 PM »

9th June

crewe pete

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 02:41:28 PM »

i to thought we were clutching at straws but then saw the date for the agm 9th june just happens to be my birthday any suggestions what i should wish for?. could this be the season that the bubble finaly bursts if clubs that are in trouble ie.crawley,boston,halifax,vics,weymouth,torquay all go to the wall would mr. moules feel like resigning or as the song goes carry on regardless.its going to be an interesting summer and everybody at alty can proud that we can solve our own affairs the right way.

alty PRIDE of cheshire

markecky

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 03:00:17 PM »

I wouldn't say we are really clutching at straws.

I think most people on here are thinking that we are rightly relegated at the moment.  Don;t think anyone is pinning any hopes on it because this is the FA and the Conference we are talking about.Iits just not cut and dried and won't be until dinner time on June 9th.

I'm saving my rant about it until then but the Conference need to ask themselves what incentive there is to spend within your means?  We have paid the price for being honest.

teasybeaver

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 03:21:16 PM »

I think no matter what league we were in we'd have this feeling now. ok, the conference is particularly robust when it comes to incompetence but the fa as a whole are following suit.

Its just occured to me that we were one of the first clubs to fall foul of financial mis-management in its current genre. When Maunders left we suddenly had a wake up call to what football was really about in the commercial world. Our scepticism and cynical view of the people overseeing all this nonsense is because we've been through it all and seen the way forward.

I suppose what I mean is that we will be annoyed with all this rubbish for a few years yet because quite simply we are 10 years ahead of most clubs and football authorities.

Until they all begin to catch up and face reality we'll continue to be leapfrogged and undertaken by clubs as they fly up and down the ladder with financial mentalists in control!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team