Neil Tolson as manager
- 4 (0.6%)
Holness
- 22 (3.4%)
Lawrie
- 13 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Who would you retain?  (Read 75230 times)

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Who would you retain?
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2016, 04:20:55 PM »

The team spirit, which we'd had over the previous couple of seasons, disappeared completely last season and I think that was down to signings such as Rankine and Bowerman. Both these players were out and out moaners and this was obvious from the very first games they played. I dread to think what the atmosphere in the dressing room was like and when you consider how tight knit we seemed to be the previous season. Kyle Perry was a big loss on that front.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2016, 04:26:55 PM »

Good post, I'd rather a team which is fully bonded together than one with factions. The new man has already intimated this.  The last few games I saw suggested the team had broken up. I reckon that's why Lee walked.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

GB Alty

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2016, 04:29:52 PM »

Good post, I'd rather a team which is fully bonded together than one with factions. The new man has already intimated this.  The last few games I saw suggested the team had broken up. I reckon that's why Lee walked.

well that was Lee's fault, I wonder if the new manager will travel on the team bus?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2016, 08:41:54 AM »

Just to give my two cents, I'd retain more than the average Alty fan...

Deasy Densmore Sinnott Leather Havern Griffin Moult Richman Lawrie Reeves Rankine

Assess Clee and Marshall pre-season (I fear that, similar to Mike Williams, we're not going to get the required level out of either of them)

Stu has obviously retired

Offer terms to Holness if possible

Release Crowther and Bowerman

So that, to me, would leave c.12 signed on (perhaps one more) and we should be aiming for 6 of Young's contacts to push Havern, Griffin, Sinnott, Richman, Lawrie on to the bench all season.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2016, 08:53:38 AM »

It's also telling that Southport's Garry Jones won their player's player award in what has been a pretty solid (if unspectacular) season for them. Leadership and experience.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2016, 09:05:04 AM »

I can't see Haven, Griffin etc staying if they think they will be on the bench time for them to move on .

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2016, 09:13:02 AM »

I suppose a lot depends on who Young has in mind to come in. Looking forward to seeing some fresh faces.

GB Alty

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2016, 03:05:41 PM »

Just to give my two cents, I'd retain more than the average Alty fan...

Deasy Densmore Sinnott Leather Havern Griffin Moult Richman Lawrie Reeves Rankine

Assess Clee and Marshall pre-season (I fear that, similar to Mike Williams, we're not going to get the required level out of either of them)

Stu has obviously retired

Offer terms to Holness if possible

Release Crowther and Bowerman

So that, to me, would leave c.12 signed on (perhaps one more) and we should be aiming for 6 of Young's contacts to push Havern, Griffin, Sinnott, Richman, Lawrie on to the bench all season.
So you would keep everyone except Crowther and Bowerman?

Incidentally why do you think we got relegated

brian1925

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2016, 03:29:37 PM »

The primary reason we got relegated was injuries to key players, so I see why MarpleAlty says that. However, I can see this manager wanting to stamp his own mark on our team, so will probably retain no more than 8 players.

GB Alty

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2016, 03:49:51 PM »

The primary reason we got relegated was injuries to key players, so I see why MarpleAlty says that. However, I can see this manager wanting to stamp his own mark on our team, so will probably retain no more than 8 players.
MarpleAlty would keep all 9 Alty players that started at Braintree, thats not good enough is it?

We need to clear out the dead wood

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2016, 04:44:42 PM »

Primary reason was key injuries : but also failure to recognise we were nowhere near good enough  without them and the need for timely reinforcements - there are others, but this stands out a mile
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 04:46:28 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Sheffield_Alty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2016, 04:58:29 PM »

4 on contract for one more year and 4 or 5 else to be offered to stay here according to the interview, who's on contract?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2016, 05:07:40 PM »

Moult , Richman, Heathcoate and Densmore

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2016, 05:22:49 PM »

MarpleAlty would keep all 9 Alty players that started at Braintree, thats not good enough is it?

We need to clear out the dead wood

The idea of seeing 11 strangers turn up on the first day of next season frightens me even more - it's rarely ever the answer.

In the space of a dozen games or so, the likes of Havern Griffin Richman and Rankine have gone from first team players to dirt on here - it's amazing how fickle football can be.

Give the same set of players a competent manager (and set them up in the right system), YES a few fresh faces as well, by all means - and we'll be fine.

If you wanted me to be braver, we can get rid of Lawrie. The fact he's got so much game time epitomises everything that has been wrong with Alty over the last season.

It only takes ONE signing to make a difference, by the way - our most similarly budgeted rivals, Southport, signed Gary Jones last summer - he's now their player of the year and club captain.

Hulme Robin

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2016, 06:01:50 PM »

Keep Lawrie - if like to see him managed properly. Worth waiting a bit longer.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who would you retain?