Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Not like we didn't know it was coming...

Author Topic: Not like we didn't know it was coming...  (Read 6237 times)

Sheffield_Alty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 30, 2016, 07:44:44 PM »

we all knew there was a 0% chance of us staying up today anyway so lets cut the crap, we had a god awful season, 2 away wins all season, waited too long for loan signings, injuries, running too small a squad, poor tactics and lack of effort all played there part in our inevitable demise. now we look forward, new squad needed (I would keep Reeves, Moult, Deasy, Havern, Dens, Clee, Masha & Richman if we can) but get rid of everyone else, new management with a new ethos needed as our lack of identity this season has cost us, what type of football do we actually play (other than sh*te) i couldn't tell you, we need to get our team spirit back. That team that won the CN play off's played for each other, this team don't. simple:
Squad overhaul (easier said than done i know)
New manager (one with contacts this time)
New ethos on the pitch
Always said that its all well and good getting the draws against grimsby and the big teams but if you can't win the bread and butter games, they don't matter and this has been oh so evident this season.However, we go again next season in what looks to be a very tough league and do our best, but BIG CHANGES are needed or we could face an extended time either languishing in the North or god forbid going down again into what is essentially Sunday League.

Sheffield_Alty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Not like we didn't know it was coming...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 07:47:01 PM »

but we've got a community sports hall tho so its all A-OK!!! The 4 Brackley fans that will come will love it I'm sure! ;D ;D  

Bath Alty

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 07:53:51 PM »

Off the pitch it's going well, crowds are up and that is an indication of the community efforts going on and CSH is part of that.  On the pitch it was utterly unacceptable.  the progress off the pitch is a good thing and if the crowds can hold up next year you never know

Sheffield_Alty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 07:57:08 PM »

Off the pitch it's going well, crowds are up and that is an indication of the community efforts going on and CSH is part of that.  On the pitch it was utterly unacceptable.  the progress off the pitch is a good thing and if the crowds can hold up next year you never know

ye agreed crowds have been remarkable considering

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 08:21:02 PM »

As poor as today was, the decisions made in the next few weeks will have a bigger impact on the short term future at alty. We need to make the right appointment , but just as important is to not kid ourselves that the players in this squad are going to have the quality, fight, determination or passion to do anything over than be involved in another relegation battle. Apart from the ones signed on, only deasy, leather (as a centre half) and Nicky Clee to stay. The others have to go. I wish I had the belief that the correct and difficult decisions will be made.

P.S. Didn't take Adam Virgo long to work out what a set of bottlejobs this current lot are. Nobody minds when you're played off the park , but the lack of fight was shocking.

Railway Alty

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 08:42:49 PM »

I actually think that the chairman is out of his depth at National level as nice as he is

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 11:58:04 PM »

Sheffield Alt
y - 100% right.

I would keep Deasy Densmore, Leather, Holness, Marshall,  (if we can), Richman(contracted), Moult, and Reeves.

Clee if we can and Rankine (unlikely)

The rest can go. Havern, not good enough, Griffin- too slow, Sinnott - no comment , crowthe r (always I'll),  Lawrie- inconsistent, mostly poor...,

Heathcote contracted, but should be loaned out.

Everyone else loan or get rid...

And... get a new manager!!

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 12:12:34 AM »

So you want 10 to stay? That doesn't leave much for an overhaul, especially as you want to keep high earners.

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 08:13:08 AM »

So you want 10 to stay? That doesn't leave much for an overhaul, especially as you want to keep high earners.
Make that 8, since Holness won't be staying, and Reeves is practically certain to move on.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 10:30:18 AM »

My point was that I would keep the core of the team. Realistically Clee, Reeves, and Holness will probably go.

Dens, Richman, Moult and Heathcote are all contracted (I'd look to loan Heathcote out)

You'd keep Deasy given his efforts last season, and Leather is arguably our best defender (despite some mistakes at crucial times)

Marshall if/when fit is very good. If be can get back to what he was before his injury, he's good enough.

So yes, I'd keep 9/10 - which will probably end up being 5/6..
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team