PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 MESSAGE FOR GRAHAM ROWLEY AND FAMILY
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: MESSAGE FOR GRAHAM ROWLEY AND FAMILY  (Read 15210 times)

Frosty

Re: MESSAGE FOR GRAHAM ROWLEY AND FAMILY
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2016, 04:11:49 PM »

If true then it is very sad to hear that our chairman was subjected to abuse

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2016, 04:23:44 PM »

It wasn't really abuse, it was a couple of lads upset and feeling wounded after a season of disappointment, they vented their spleen. It wasn't pretty but it wasn't really all that bad. If the club head shot comes over on the terraces while we watched that utter garbage well then? Things have been done to address the issue. It should have been earlier but what is what it is.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2016, 05:33:45 PM »

tell grahame to order the cheese and pickle sandwiches for next season.
Harold

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2016, 08:35:30 AM »

I'm finding the current situation very difficult in that I fully appreciate the running of the club side that the board do, and these are people who are fellow fans .....hard to criticise someone you count as a friend.

I try to balance my criticism with acknowledgement and praise for the superb community side of the club.

I was amazed to hear the is a large and perhaps majority shareholding within the boardroom.......the cry often goes out for investment with absolutely carrot offered in return....we seem to expect local businessmen to hand over their hard earned thousands and have no say in how the money is spent....I'd be furious if I'd handed over (say) £20k at the start of the season and seen it thrown at Griffith and then a decision that relegated us.

The people who say there is no-one interested in alty include those who fought for the majority shareholding in the courts a few decades ago....

as geoof Goodwin asked star "why do you need more than one share?"

I am sure the club could have a think about using shares to attract new investment.....there are little cliques of mates who are millionairres locally who would have great fun each throwing 30k a season into a club already infastructured for success.....cliques like swales white rosenfield were in the 60s....these are people who share yachts in monte carlo and think £20k for a weekend away hiring a crew is nothing.....

No-one can argue that we have a reasonably steady well run ship with a big community image.....avoidable relegation combined with comments about being happy with how the team had been managed into this state are going to be met with hard criticism from hurting fans.....cant stand the heat? get out of the kitchen....or listen to the fans in the first place....I will remember my plea for the board to do something to show they f**king cared....they did nothing...and we got relegated.

I agree with a lot of that. What I would say is that I firmly believe that potential future directors, sponsors and benefactors will come via the CSH and community work. The more people we get through the doors of this club - regardless of why they come - and the more people in the town who are aware of us, the better. Trying to cherry pick individuals in Bowdon or Hale Barns who arent interested in Alty to begin with probably isnt going to work.

As for the shares, they are all fully allocated and widely dispersed. If there was a share issue then I believe (and I happily stand corrected if wrong) that they have to be offered pro rata to the existing shareholders first of all, which makes things quite complicated as a fair number of shares are held by people with no current connection to the club. New shares cannot just be offered publically either.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 MESSAGE FOR GRAHAM ROWLEY AND FAMILY