Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Suggested squad for next season with recommended signings.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Suggested squad for next season with recommended signings.  (Read 13812 times)

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Suggested squad for next season with recommended signings.
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2007, 04:59:13 PM »

1. Stuart
2. steve aspinall
3. Peyton
4. rosey/munroe
5. bandy

6. bushell
7. lawton (c)
8.val
11. Chalmers

9. colin
10. joe

teasybeaver

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2007, 05:26:25 PM »

1. coburn

2. scott
3. peyton
4. rose
5. munroe

6. bush CM
7. lawton RM
8. lewis CM
11. rod/bowler/new winger please LM

9. col
10. joe

Bench: acton, pat, band, azzer, val

Could be a class side in BSN but we badly need a couple of wide players to bolster the squad.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2007, 05:32:59 PM »

Why is everyone condemining poor old Warren Peyton to an apparent life sentence as a left full-back?!

We (still) need a recognised left full back at the club (Andy Scott will surely be released?) and then Peyton would be free to resume in his preferred position in midfield.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2007, 05:41:41 PM »

But I put it to the cult Rod is now viewed as back up....and what value for money quality back up and how much extra he brings to the club. If Colin gets injured after 20 minutes, can the cult suggest a signing we can afford to come off the bench who would be better?

As I do not know the club's budget, I have no idea what we can afford.

Would Thornley be retained if he wasn't a source of autographed Wayne Rooney shirts?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2007, 08:22:53 PM »

Rod has been a magnificent plus for Alty over several seasons. He has been a decent goal scorer, enthusiastic and intelligeny on the pitch and an absolute credit and assett to the club off.

I would like Rod to be a long term feature at Alty with an off field or even board role after he finishes playing.

Anyone agree?

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2007, 09:50:41 PM »

Rod has been a magnificent plus for Alty over several seasons. He has been a decent goal scorer, enthusiastic and intelligeny on the pitch and an absolute credit and assett to the club off.

I would like Rod to be a long term feature at Alty with an off field or even board role after he finishes playing.

Anyone agree?

100%, have a Goodwin!!
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2007, 02:53:47 PM »

My, this is a good thread.  ::) So we've no idea who's being released, who on earth might be available from other clubs or what the budget will be. Everyones squad is basically this seasons minus the released Thomson and Bowler, Talbs expected to reitire, maybe Andy Scott released and a bit of debate about whether Asa is still up to it and will anyone who has left us in the past couple of years come back! The only suggested signing has been Terry Fearns. Think this one is best left until the start of July.

That said...

... I think we keep roughly the squad we've got now, I think Colin and Joe would be a right handful. Joe has a burst of pace that would serve him well in BSN. We must tho, must, sign a left back (Warren so much more threatening on left mid), a decent winger (more so a right sided one I guess) and a target man. Unfortunately finances have taken a hit just as it looked like we could strengthen the team for the first time in years. On crowds of 700 next season (don't kid yourselves it'll be higher unless we are clear at the top of the league) that won't be the case and cuts may have to be made beyond just the Bowler/Thomson wages.

If I knew of any players maybe Matt Doughty of Halifax will leave in the summer, he might of come to confnat but not BSN, wingers are rarer these days, if it went tits up at Vics and we'd stayed up maybe Chris Williams, now looking at Jamie Tandy if he doesn't cut it in the national with Droylesden, decent target men I really don't know. Always like Mike Moseley at Witton but he's more in the Rod Thornley mould.
Matt Doughty would be a good signing but can we afford him. I wouldn't want Mike Moseley. He dives too much and his miss against Frickley cost me collecting on 16-1 on Witton winning the league. I would rather have Adam Warlow who was on loan at Witton and has been released by Crewe.
They really should be beating teams like us

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2007, 12:00:17 AM »

Apparently Rodney Jack is not having his contract renewed at Crewe. Have a word in his ear Col  ;)

Altysmiffy

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2007, 08:35:08 PM »

Apparently leaving due to financial constraints. If Crewe can't afford him.....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Suggested squad for next season with recommended signings.