PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Manager
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 27638 times)

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New Manager
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2016, 11:20:01 PM »

If we had have appointed a proper manager we probably would have been safe by now.

Jimmy

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2016, 12:03:45 AM »

What is he supposed to say ?

Would you rather we enter the Welling game with a manager who says "this team are tosh and I reckon we will get beat - text me the score will you because I will be in Costellos"

As unlikely as it is we still have a chance - beat Welling and hope Braintree are reduced to 9 men very soon after KO and results go our way !

The only thing that bugs me with the article is the reference to the Great Escape - we should not be in a position where we need to escape
he won't be in Costellos it's the Roebuck

GB Alty

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2016, 01:01:39 AM »

This is all bullsh*t considering the arguments between bench and players during the last two away games. I think the players think as much of the manager as the supporters do

Not that this isn't partly the players fault, but at the end of the day they can't help being sh*t, and they don't pick themselves, so we can only hold management to account

Nice guy Neil Tolson, but in all honesty can anything he says be taken seriously? I have a friend at York City who knows him well, a friend of his, but even he says he's as thick as pig sh*t

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2016, 01:03:43 AM »

Ha ha
Well - that just confims that he is mad then Jimmy   ;D

The Roebuck is a great old fashioned public house and one that deserves to be listed as a 'community asset' such that it cannot be closed without consultation, and Costello's is like a girly wine bar, but one sells consistently great real ale with lots of different choice available and other sells beer that is very 'hit and miss' and you really take your chance on whether or not it is worth the money
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2016, 01:14:25 AM »

This is all bullsh*t considering the arguments between bench and players during the last two away games. I think the players think as much of the manager as the supporters do

Not that this isn't partly the players fault, but at the end of the day they can't help being sh*t, and they don't pick themselves, so we can only hold management to account

Nice guy Neil Tolson, but in all honesty can anything he says be taken seriously? I have a friend at York City who knows him well, a friend of his, but even he says he's as thick as pig sh*t

C'mon Woofer........we know the name of the game is 'spin' at times

I repeat, what else is he to say going into the last two games needing to win both ?

The pig $hit bit doesn't matter either...........plenty of 'non-academic' managers out there I reckon who are cutting the mustard at the moment and many who have been a success at this level in the past who would not beat 'The Chaser' (Steve Evans for example)
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

GB Alty

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2016, 01:25:02 AM »

Nothing else he can say or do - other than resign

Sure he is doing his best, but so would I or even my wife. Doesn't mean it's acceptable

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2016, 01:57:52 AM »

The general mood amongst many supporters is that we probably could have avoided being in the position we are in if things had been done differently.......What those different things are can be debated for a long time to come.

However right now I think the caretaker manager has to stay upbeat (at least publicly) whatever we think about him or anything else at the moment......I guess that is why many of our magnificant supporters will travel all the way to Braintree on the 30th April.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 02:15:10 AM by Mick »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2016, 08:06:27 AM »

I think the problem here though is the circumstances in which NT was given the job. He was 'given a chance' out of loyalty, admirable sentiments I suppose but taken over the priority of what would necessarily be best for the club in the circumstances. This is what has upset a great many people, and more importantly sapped their enthusiasm and belief, and it would greatly help matters if the board acknowledged this mistake rather than compounding it.

Bearing that in mind, after 1 win in 9 games (that may at best become 2 in 11) and the teams performances having deteriorated under his watch - notwithstanding a plea that he just needs a bit of a clear out, his own new signings and a clear pre season - if NT were to be given the job for next season the only logical conclusion to draw would be he was given it for the original reasons and or he is pally with the board/chairman. Which would be woeful and could only lead to the same (relative) standard of unacceptable performance.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2016, 08:11:58 AM »

I'll just say that while the selections and tactics have been ok (ish) the team aren't playing for him or playing well at all, they're not trying hard enough (you need to be really going an extra yard now). I'm not interested of they're arguing (although it doesn't help) but these are the facts we see before us, staring us in the face.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is in cloud cuckoo land.

I don't mind the bollocks NT has spouted here like. This should've been said at the start rather than I can't promise any improvement in results or performances it's just too little too late now and actions have already spoken rather than these words.

taxi Phil

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2016, 10:35:39 AM »

The real question is : Did Tolson get the job because he's a nice chap and well in with the board, or because he was already there and represented a cheap option ?

I rather fear it's the latter, and it'll take a few more Bill Watersons to miraculously appear before we get this club back on track.

I'm convinced he'll still be in charge at the start of next season and a top half finish in North is the best we can expect. My glass is more than half empty, and is leaking.

Jezza

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2016, 10:41:43 AM »

As there has been zero action from the board i assume our performances and indeed relegation are perfectly acceptable to the board so im guessing neil will be in charge next season...in which case i wont be turning up to watch more of the same....i can see gates slumping to sub 500....

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2016, 01:52:15 PM »

The real question is : Did Tolson get the job because he's a nice chap and well in with the board, or because he was already there and represented a cheap option ?

I rather fear it's the latte
r, and it'll take a few more Bill Watersons to miraculously appear before we get this club back on track.

I'm convinced he'll still be in charge at the start of next season and a top half finish in North is the best we can expect. My glass is more than half empty, and is leaking.

I'm not so sure. There does appear to be a culture of putting friends/family in important positions within the club. Now this is all well and good if it can be demonstrably proved that they are the best people for the job, but I fail to see how this is possible when no selection process is even entered into. It's one thing to be seen as a family run, friendly club, but quite another if that approach is actually to the detriment of the club itself.

I don't think for one  second think that Graham or the board wanted us to be in a position to be relegated. They  probably thought given our relatively easy (on paper at least) run-in that even if they did appoint Neil we would surely pick up enough points to see us safe. This has of course proved to be (barring a miracle of Lazarus proportions) somewhat misguided at best.

I'd be interested to see what happens at the forum, although I strongly suspect people will not hear what they want to hear and could probably predict the answers to their questions now.

To quote The Strangles 'Something better change'.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2016, 02:44:53 PM »

Dougie Freedman is out of collar and lives local.  Knows fuk about non league though
Full time and proud of it

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2016, 02:58:20 PM »

Dougie Freedman is out of collar and lives local.  Knows fuk about non league though

So is Paul Dickov

Jimmy

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2016, 03:04:53 PM »

think it would be fairer Glyn to say probably knows f**k about non league,he maybe clued up on it
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Manager