PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Manager
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 27633 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New Manager
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2016, 06:32:45 PM »

It'll be a board decision rather than one person to be fair, and I'd be very surprised if we haven't a new manager in charge for preseason

Can you seriously imagine a scenario in which Grahame Rowley is outvoted on this issue by the other members of our current Board?

« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 06:35:36 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2016, 06:34:32 PM »

I'm confident he'll resign after Braintree

I suspect that you are in the minority there!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2016, 06:51:03 PM »

He'll remain in charge, sign more deadlegs like O'Keefe and Bowerman,  and by the time he gets axed in late October we'll be struggling to keep out of the Evostik. I've not been this pissed off with my club since 2000.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2016, 06:56:06 PM »

One win in nine, with only two of those games against sides not in the bottom half of the table is no yardstick to give anyone the job.

I agree - but playing devils advocate here - he is not working with the right raw materials is he - maybe he could recruit some for next season

Just saying like
i wonder if he was invlolved in any of the recruitment last summer .. feels like something that 2 people in charge would work on together and agree an approach and strategy

I agree Wayne...............you would like to think it is a joint enterprise - but you never know how it was set up and to what extent the AM has 'a say'

When I read Cloughie's book it was interesting to learn that Peter Taylor went out and scouted the players and also recruited them. In one chapter they discuss the recruitment of Kenny Burns at which point Cloughie says "I am not having that overweight, scruffy, useless waste of space at my club" (or words very similar)......the following season he was PFA Player of the year and Forest were first division champions having been promoted in the Summer

Nice story
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

bumble

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2016, 06:56:29 PM »

I never thought I'd fans with anti-board and manager banners. But if Tolson is made permanent....

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2016, 07:03:06 PM »

I would be stunned if it happened totally stunned

Lets hope they have an alternative plan

If we get relegated saturday then that did happen im going into hiding and taking cover
ParkINson's red and white army

taxi Phil

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2016, 08:34:05 PM »

Kevin Ellison is on the bench at Cambridge tonight as Morecambe trail 5-0 at the break. I know he has designs on going into management.....and I'd take him like a shot because what he lacks in management experience would be more than  outweighed by his honesty, guts, and commitment.

Jimmy

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2016, 08:39:25 PM »

Good to see the scoreline 5-0

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2016, 08:39:50 PM »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2016, 08:43:33 PM »

taxi Phil

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2016, 10:03:23 PM »

Good to see the scoreline 5-0
You'll be delighted with the final 7-0 then.

Jimmy

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2016, 10:08:35 PM »

Yes Phil but not that delighted,I didn't do the 15 minute walk to see it
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 12:05:42 AM by Jimmy »

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2016, 10:32:57 PM »

"Neil Tolson provided an insight into the spirit he believes could yet haul Altrincham back from the brink and safeguard their place in the Vanarama National League.

Alty have to beat doomed Welling United at The J.Davidson Stadium on Saturday and hope other results go their way to head into the final game of the season, at Braintree seven days later, with The Great Escape still a possibility.

As he conducted a roll call of fit players, following a 2-0 defeat at Eastleigh, caretaker-boss Tolson backed his squad to rise to the challenge.

'Tim Deasy (right) suffered a slight tear in his thigh at Eastleigh but phoned me up on Sunday to say he would pay for a painkilling injection himself to ensure he could play on Saturday,' he said. 'I'm hoping it won't come to that, but it just shows how desperate these players are to pull things round and get us out of trouble.

'They are not players on the point of giving up. Jake Moult is another example. If you had seen the size of his ankle a week ago, you would have said he won't play again this season. But he put a full 90 minutes in at Eastleigh and has since told me he wants to play against Welling.

'That is the mood among the players, and of course we are in with a shout of staying up, if we can win on Saturday. I remember, as a player, going to Rotherham with York, needing to win and another team to lose, and it panned out that way.

'We stayed up against the odds on the final day, and it can happen again. The frustration for me is we are creating chances but not taking them. But if we keep doing that, keep knocking on the door, it can still turn for us. The worry would be if we weren't creating.

'The players are desperate to play for me and the football club. There has never been an issue on that front. Confidence is the issue, but it is part and parcel of being a footballer that you have to deal with that.' James Phillips is again ruled out with a knee injury, while fellow-winger Ryan Crowther is '90 per cent' likely to miss out with a hamstring problem".

I agree that he has to believe we can still stay up, but there is definitely more to it than a lack of confidence. He certainly doesn't fill me with any confidence.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:35:19 PM by im not really here »

VofD

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2016, 10:44:02 PM »

"Neil Tolson provided an insight into the spirit he believes could yet haul Altrincham back from the brink and safeguard their place in the Vanarama National League.

Alty have to beat doomed Welling United at The J.Davidson Stadium on Saturday and hope other results go their way to head into the final game of the season, at Braintree seven days later, with The Great Escape still a possibility.

As he conducted a roll call of fit players, following a 2-0 defeat at Eastleigh, caretaker-boss Tolson backed his squad to rise to the challenge.

'Tim Deasy (right) suffered a slight tear in his thigh at Eastleigh but phoned me up on Sunday to say he would pay for a painkilling injection himself to ensure he could play on Saturday,' he said. 'I'm hoping it won't come to that, but it just shows how desperate these players are to pull things round and get us out of trouble.

'They are not players on the point of giving up. Jake Moult is another example. If you had seen the size of his ankle a week ago, you would have said he won't play again this season. But he put a full 90 minutes in at Eastleigh and has since told me he wants to play against Welling.

'That is the mood among the players, and of course we are in with a shout of staying up, if we can win on Saturday. I remember, as a player, going to Rotherham with York, needing to win and another team to lose, and it panned out that way.

'We stayed up against the odds on the final day, and it can happen again. The frustration for me is we are creating chances but not taking them. But if we keep doing that, keep knocking on the door, it can still turn for us. The worry would be if we weren't creating.

'The players are desperate to play for me and the football club. There has never been an issue on that front. Confidence is the issue, but it is part and parcel of being a footballer that you have to deal with that.' James Phillips is again ruled out with a knee injury, while fellow-winger Ryan Crowther is '90 per cent' likely to miss out with a hamstring problem".

I agree that he has to believe we can still stay up, but there is definitely more to it than a lack of confidence. He certainly doesn't fill me with any confidence.

TOLSON TOSH  >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:46:47 PM by VofD »

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2016, 11:16:27 PM »

What is he supposed to say ?

Would you rather we enter the Welling game with a manager who says "this team are tosh and I reckon we will get beat - text me the score will you because I will be in Costellos"

As unlikely as it is we still have a chance - beat Welling and hope Braintree are reduced to 9 men very soon after KO and results go our way !

The only thing that bugs me with the article is the reference to the Great Escape - we should not be in a position where we need to escape
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 11:22:06 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Manager