PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moving forward now
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Moving forward now  (Read 22210 times)

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Moving forward now
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016, 10:19:08 PM »

I don't think they care which league we are in. They are happy building up the sports hall, using it as their own social club and keeping the club ticking over.

Seriously this sort of talk is getting really really boring now ! 

With a gate of 1000 people and no sugar daddy we're a conf north club, we escaped relegation about 4 times, bounced back up (with an extra push from DW money) and were ok 1st year and now we're back struggling and overspending.

I used to enjoy this forum but its getting destroyed at present.

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 10:29:26 PM »

"Or I fear that forum could get very ugly". Ha ha ha like anyone gives a toss what the five remaining posters on here have to say!

Jimmy

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2016, 10:33:14 PM »

The fans have been badly let down obviously there will be people pissed off on the forum

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2016, 10:44:24 PM »

We as fans saw this coming months ago but the clubs board seemed oblivious to the situation! Mr Rowley needs to step up and do what is needed to at least attempt to keep this club in the national league! Go down and we will be there for years I feel! Surely it is worth doing what is needed now at whatever cost! Get a proper manager in for the final 3 games and hand them a large cheque if they keep us up! All that revenue we will be losing from the gates when we go down!

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2016, 10:49:14 PM »

I don't think they care which league we are in. They are happy building up the sports hall, using it as their own social club and keeping the club ticking over.

With a gate of 1000 people and no sugar daddy we're a conf north club, we escaped relegation about 4 times, bounced back up (with an extra push from DW money) and were ok 1st year and now we're back struggling and overspending.

Why do you think it is getting destroyed, because my opinion is different than yours? Why do we heed a sugar daddy to be respectful to supporters, strive to be as successful as we can be and not think that they are above the club and its supporters. We could have had a chance of staying up if we hadn't have appointed Tolson. Why have we only had 1 outside board member in 13 years?

And more importantly why don't you want the best for the club? This club has potential and the custodians should be striving to achieve that potential, at present I don't think that's happening which is shameful.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2016, 10:53:04 PM »

Why do you think it is getting destroyed, because my opinion is different than yours? Why do we heed a sugar daddy to be respectful to supporters, strive to be as successful as we can be and not think that they are above the club and its supporters. We could have had a chance of staying up if we hadn't have appointed Tolson. Why have we only had 1 outside board member in 13 years?

And more importantly why don't you want the best for the club? This club has potential and the custodians should be striving to achieve that potential, at present I don't think that's happening which is shameful.

At what point have I said I dont want whats best for the club?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 10:56:02 PM by beaker141 »

bighairedmike

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2016, 10:53:39 PM »

"Or I fear that forum could get very ugly". Ha ha ha like anyone gives a toss what the five remaining posters on here have to say!

I think he meant the "real life forum". And I agree with him.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2016, 10:56:52 PM »

At what point have I said I dont want whats best for the club?
You're moaning about people who care about the club having an opinion, surely that's healthy?

taxi Phil

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2016, 11:15:53 PM »

As unhappy as I am, I can't agree with this post. There are certainly a lot of things wrong (a lot that we're not party to I suspect) but I think apathy from the Board isn't part of the problem.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2016, 11:18:51 PM »

As unhappy as I am, I can't agree with this post. There are certainly a lot of things wrong (a lot that we're not party to I suspect) but I think apathy from the Board isn't part of the problem.

What do you think is then?

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2016, 12:05:32 AM »

The money tree has got no money on it?

I think its a daft idea having the forum at half time of the race night. There may be a significant delay before the second half gets underway.

There's too great a risk that things will turn ugly and everyone's evening will be ruined. 

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2016, 12:12:07 AM »

Could you please explain that quote in more detail????

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2016, 12:24:17 AM »

I very much doubt that they will be able to Brian.

To post some of the stuff they have under various guises of late I wonder how tenuous their connection with the real world is. They clearly don't have a Scooby about how a Football Club is run, that is all too apparent.

I would suggest that they actually aren't interested in reality, in facts, in how a Club runs day to day, not just on a Saturday or a Tuesday evening, not in the regulations which have to be abided by. Their sole interest is to snipe and belittle and criticise.

If they have any ideas (which they claim to have) then why the hell not approach "The Club" with said ideas? 

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2016, 12:43:56 AM »

To post some of the stuff they have under various guises of late I wonder how tenuous their connection with the real world is. They clearly don't have a Scooby about how a Football Club is run, that is all too apparent.

I would suggest that they actually aren't interested in reality, in facts, in how a Club runs day to day, not just on a Saturday or a Tuesday evening, not in the regulations which have to be abided by. Their sole interest is to snipe and belittle and criticise.

If they have any ideas (which they claim to have) then why the hell not approach "The Club" with said ideas? 

ATS, I would suggest its you who aren't in the real world. Do you think everything is right with the club? Should we just accept the current situation, keep turning up week after week paying our money and keep quiet? I don't claim to have an ideas, I merely would like the club to be open with its supporters and do its best. What has regulations got to do with anything, there are regulations in all walks of life and like in any job you have to abide by them. Running a football club surely isn't any different and I have a better knowledge about this than you think. Who are the 'club' by the way?

bighairedmike

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2016, 12:52:51 AM »

ATS, I would suggest its you who aren't in the real world. Do you think everything is right with the club? Should we just accept the current situation, keep turning up week after week paying our money and keep quiet? I don't claim to have an ideas, I merely would like the club to be open with its supporters and do its best. What has regulations got to do with anything, there are regulations in all walks of life and like in any job you have to abide by them. Running a football club surely isn't any different and I have a better knowledge about this than you think. Who are the 'club' by the way?

You won't get an answer there mate. He still hasn't decided on which qualifications Tolson has that make him the right man for the job. In fact, he actually imposed an exile on himself to buy some thinking time. That didn't work either as now he's just shooting his mouth off again and claiming people can't back up their opinions. Something which many reasonable posters (and I class myself in that group) have provided.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moving forward now