PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moving forward now
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Moving forward now  (Read 22208 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Moving forward now
« on: April 13, 2016, 10:43:58 AM »

Now is a critical point in time we must either appoint a new manager in the next 2 weeks or confirm that Tolson is the manager.  Contracts will be being offered to existing players and the best of those not offered contracts elsewhere will become available.  Failure to act could saddle the club with the wrong squad for next season.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

bumble

Re: Moving forward now
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 10:45:15 AM »

The board MUST take applications of they could be running off a gate of 500 next season
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 10:57:52 AM by Jack Jolly »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 11:06:21 AM »

The board MUST take applications of they could be running off a gate of 500 next season

I cant see any decision on the manager next season being made until after the last game.

bumble

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 11:16:05 AM »

I cant see any decision on the manager next season being made until after the last game.

Application process should begin the moment after Braintree has finished

bighairedmike

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 11:37:08 AM »

Disagree. On BT sport Tolson was billed as a caretaker manager. Applications should be opened now, with the club inviting potential managers the chance to come and watch the remaining fixtures and cast an eye over the squad.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 11:52:23 AM »

Who ever is in charge we should be trying to get players ready to begin training at the start of June. Never mind f**king around to see if such and such wants to sign or we'll just see which cripples get released from wherever. Here's the terms we're in training first week in June for conditioning want to stay? Concessions will be made for family holidays Yes or No. We'd like to sign you we can offer you this, you will be well looked after we're in the first week in June for conditioning, concessions will be made for family holidays want to sign? Yes or No.! To see us match fit and knowing our best 11 by the opening game, not by mid September like this year

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 12:37:46 PM »

Totally agree.  Time to get Deasey,  Leather,  Densmore,  Moult,  Reeves Lawrie signed up.
Should get a pre-season agreement with Coburn,  Marshall and Clee sorted whereby we sign them if they come through pre-season unscathed.
Should also we speaking to potential managers.

Time to dust ourselves down,  roll our sleeves and get back in National League
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 12:52:20 PM by robininstockport »
Full time and proud of it

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 01:23:49 PM »

I'd sack Neil Tolson today, in fact I'd expect him to resign. That's not me being nasty or unreasonable. He's had a chance and has had no effect (for whatever reasons) . The cold hard facts are that if the status quo remains we will get relegated. The absolute priority, and this should have been the case when LS resigned, has to be what gives us the best chance of staying in this league. By getting a new manager in now (can't change the players I'm afraid) we may only be going from a 1% to a 2% chance of staying up but it has to be done - I think there is little for Neil to gain by staying, this will only get worse - and would reassure some of us that the board are acting in line with what is best for the club.

Jimmy

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 03:31:17 PM »

Now is a critical point in time we must either appoint a new manager in the next 2 weeks or confirm that Tolson is the manager.  Contracts will be being offered to existing players and the best of those not offered contracts elsewhere will become available.  Failure to act could saddle the club with the wrong squad for next season.
surely it isn't an option keeping Tolson,but we will

Jezza

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 09:16:00 PM »

9 points up for grabs....7 or even 6 points may do it.

put the call out now for applications for someone to come in and make a name and earn a job in the national next season.

bring in the cote for 3 games.....bring in steve burr for a 3 game see what you can do trial for both parties.

Do f**king something to show you actually care!!!!

or I fear that forum could get very ugly

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 09:18:59 PM »

I feel pretty sure whatever happens in the next 3 games that we will have a new manager soon after the season finishes.
What I would also like to see is a manager who lives within reasonable distance of WA15, travels on the team coach, and has a good knowledge and contacts of the local talent. Lets hope we get the players in asap rather than picking up what's left at the end of July. We don't want to be playing pre season friendlies with a group of players who are strangers to each others. Hopefully the likes Damon, Den's, Luca & Scot plus a couple of others will stay and help the club to get back in the National league.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 09:21:10 PM »

I don't think, they do care, that's the point. The sports hall will be there regardless what league the team are in.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2016, 09:41:22 PM »

Disagree. On BT sport Tolson was billed as a caretaker manager. Applications should be opened now, with the club inviting potential managers the chance to come and watch the remaining fixtures and cast an eye over the squad.

Good managers will probably be working for the most part. I doubt they can just sack off their remaining matches where they are right now to cast an eye on us.

The new season starts right after the last game. A proper application process, no arsing around, new blood, fresh faces and move forward. We need new impetus and regeneration urgently.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2016, 09:50:34 PM »

I don't think, they do care, that's the point. The sports hall will be there regardless what league the team are in.

Why on earth would they even bother if they didn't care?

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2016, 09:58:40 PM »

I don't think they care which league we are in. They are happy building up the sports hall, using it as their own social club and keeping the club ticking over.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moving forward now