News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This Fans Forum

Author Topic: This Fans Forum  (Read 5097 times)

bighairedmike

This Fans Forum
« on: April 13, 2016, 06:47:35 PM »

Is an absolute farce.

After the Welling game? Nonsense. Well already be relegated by then and there will be no point in it. Call one for tomorrow night when things can still be changed. They don't want the boat rocking. Well that doesn't matter, the f**king thing has already capsized. We're a laughing stock.

Halfway through the race night? That just means the forum can be cut short if we have more races to get on wth and they are being asked some pretty searching questions. It's clever though, because it might mean more people will stay and have a few drinks / a flutter while they're waiting.

This whole situation is a complete and utter disgrace. We've accepted relegation and nobody is going to be held accountable until they've "tried their best to keep us up". f**k off. The fans are worth more than this.

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: This Fans Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 07:49:20 PM »

Spot on

Hulme Robin

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 08:17:52 PM »

All the hard work that was done to get to the conference and now we are left with is farce. This is nothing but a joke.

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 11:17:25 PM »

I shan't be there. If I say everything I'm tempted to say I could end up banned.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 06:20:50 AM »

What time does the race night start?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 07:45:43 AM »

I think that it is a good gesture from the board, sometimes you have to meet people half way.  I seriously don't think anything that the forum has to say will impact on eastleigh away.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 11:49:16 AM »

The idea of a Q&A with the fans is a good one but the timing seems extremely unwise. We could easily have been relegated just a few hours previously and that, combined with the feeling that it's being squeezed into a limited time slot rather than being allowed to take as long as it takes, has the potential to turn it into a bloodbath.

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 12:53:49 PM »

How seriously are they actually taking all of this, really?

When you know you're being criticised by a large group of the fan base, surely you should be doing your utmost to rebuild the bridges as quickly as possible.

So out of touch its becoming hilarious at this point. Lots of fans have some very pressing concerns, and with that they would like to put forward their questions. Why would you so openly downplay their concerns by sandwiching the platform into a fundraiser a week on Saturday?

It just comes across as if they don't want the trouble. It's not about trying to impact the next game anymore. It's about addressing the concerns of the people who have blindly supported the club throughout the sh*t they've been served this season.

You do that by holding an open forum immediately. Instead it has been scheduled at a very convenient time for themselves.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 01:33:16 PM »

I'm not sure there is a good time for it tbh

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 02:04:36 PM »

But there is an absolute worst time.

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 02:14:48 PM »

Totally agree it's a farce with the timing of this, which seems to have been chosen to minimise the board's exposure to tricky questions they would rather not have to answer.

Yet again they do not take the big decisions and opt for the easy way out. What they should have done is announce it to be held in the next few days and preferably before the Eastleigh game, so as to get things straight before we are relegated. Next Saturday evening may well be too late.

Also they should be allowing as long as it takes for people to ask their questions and seek reassurances and not just sandwich it in between something else that means they can easily call a halt to things if it does not go as they like. I can guarantee people have way more questions and concerns than can be addressed in an interval to something else.

What a shambles!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This Fans Forum