PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dover Match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Dover Match thread  (Read 23265 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Dover Match thread
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2016, 10:23:50 PM »

Back to the provinces for a season or two.

it will be alot longer than that

If we plan on keeping that one dimensional, glorified coach in charge then yes.

finnquark

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2016, 10:25:12 PM »

He just wants the lads to go out there an enjoy themselves.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2016, 10:28:56 PM »

Thought we actually competed very well tonight and were undone by a very good but physical side who took their only real 2 chances second half.

I'm hearing Holness was sent off after the final whistle though which is another body blow.

Its not over until the fat lady sings.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2016, 10:31:38 PM »

Thought we actually competed very well tonight and were undone by a very good but physical side who took their only real 2 chances second half.

I'm hearing Holness was sent off after the final whistle though which is another body blow.

She's clearing her throat.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2016, 10:35:44 PM »

We had it landed on our lap to change direction with ten games to go, Foyle (here tonight) Moore, Jones etc, we didn't bother.

Hulme Robin

« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2016, 10:37:54 PM »

First half good, second we stood off to much for the first ten, then ran out of ideas after they scored. The substitutions didn't work, made us worse if anything save for perhaps Crowther's five minutes.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2016, 10:38:40 PM »

Tonight's match wasn't the problem. Actually thought we did quite well, especially in the first half but Dover were a different side after the break and showed why they are a playoff side.

I fear the damage may have already been done against southport, kiddermimster etc

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2016, 10:40:08 PM »

The damage was done when we had a clear break point as a club to make a change to stay up but decided not too
ParkINson's red and white army

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2016, 10:45:56 PM »

Fist half we were the better team, but needed an extra goal.

Second half we did not start well and they stepped it up. But again we allowed ourselves to be bullied into submission, Deasy should have allowed for treatment to diffuse the pressure when injured. Havern f*cked up for the second and were punished.

Still hoping for a miracle.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2016, 10:46:21 PM »

I agree whilst there is still hope we must continue to believe and I will be coming up for Bromley on Saturday. However, if you look at the pattern since appointing Tolson we have taken the lead in many of the games but been unable to make it count for 3 points every single time (the woeful Aldershot aside). This suggests that someone with a bit more managerial nous and experience may have made a difference but we will never know now. The Chairman has rightly bought himself a lot of good will with all he has done for the club but with this appointment which appears to have been made for sentimental rather than footballing reasons he has unfortunately used a lot of that up. If a side as average as Dover are in the top 5 this tells you all you need to know about the standard of the league and how badly we have done this season.

I'm afraid for us it's back down to the Conf North and a tough year of rebuilding and consolidation ahead. At least a lot of local derbies should hopefully maintain home support levels and keep people's interest up.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2016, 10:52:13 PM »

Competed well in the first half but we we dropped far too deep in the second and it was inevitable they would score 2. They had the character and leadership that we lack. In fairness to Tolson and Buzz they did tell the players to be brave and push further up at the start of the second half but the message seemed to get lost. Say it all the time but we have no leaders. Players that are going to ensure that message is adhered to. We tried tonight but the difference between the two teams was that they started the second half like a team that wouldn't be denied the win. They simply had lads that were stronger in body and mind.

brian1925

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2016, 10:59:55 PM »

We did play well tonight against an efficient, physical side (we could have done with their number 6) - there was certainly no lack of effort. Scott was awesome, as was Luca. Ranks did very well too, ploughing a lone furrow throughout.
Our opponents deserve to be where they are, but I'm not surprised the people of Dover aren't interested in that brand of football - I wouldn't be either.
Mr. Coy is just terrible.

taxi Phil

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2016, 11:14:57 PM »

I'm finished for this season. I won't be renewing my season ticket either. That doesn't mean I won't be at some games, but there'll need to be a vast improvement before I re-engage.

We need to decide a lot of things pretty damn quick. Are we happy to let Tolson loose with basically the same squad in Conference North ? Do want our nice passing game and mediocrity ? Or do we build a new more physical squad that can battle us back up ?

"There Are More Questions Than Answers".

andrewflynn

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2016, 11:20:34 PM »

I'm finished for this season. I won't be renewing my season ticket either. That doesn't mean I won't be at some games, but there'll need to be a vast improvement before I re-engage.

We need to decide a lot of things pretty damn quick. Are we happy to let Tolson loose with basically the same squad in Conference North ? Do want our nice passing game and mediocrity ? Or do we build a new more physical squad that can battle us back up ?

"There Are More Questions Than Answers".

I think what some of the players don't realise is they're playing for their place in the squad next season. If we go down there are only a handful of the current starting XI I'd want here, at this rate.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2016, 11:41:54 PM »

Can't we abort the season, like in Championship Manager on the PC, and go back to a saved game back to the start of December. Then we could a few things differently to improve our position.
They really should be beating teams like us
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dover Match thread