PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tuesday matches thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Tuesday matches thread  (Read 14163 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Tuesday matches thread
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2016, 10:54:34 PM »

What makes you think we're scared of attracting new investment ? I'm sure we'd welcome it with open arms. But it isn't out there. We're situated in a "rich" area....it's full of people who only care about the Premier League. Their money, their privilege, our misfortune.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2016, 10:57:06 PM »

Have we asked anyone? People aren't just going to turn up at the ground and say "here's some money".

Jimmy

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2016, 11:10:55 PM »

This is the wrong thread to post this but the only one Hash has posted on, and I want to echo his view - though he may not agree with everything I say and will tell me so on Saturday  ;D

Firstly, let me say that I don't think Tolson is the man to lead this team to any sort of glory, or even safety, but I do think that this club owes the Rowley family and the rest of the board a huge vote of thanks and they should not be pilloried for their decision to appoint him or for other decisions made on our behalf. The community hall is a long-term project and will be a welcome revenue stream for the club. There will be support for all of the soccer teams as a consequence - difficult to quantify, I know, but no reason not to support it or its foundation.

This does not mean that we are no longer a football club. It means that we are a caring club trying to establish roots in the community. Why is that so wrong? And if our caring board wants to do what it considers 'right' by Neil Tolson, why shouldn't it? It's all part of putting goodness ahead of the cutthroat business that football has become, to the detriment of decency and goodwill.

Clearly Grahame Rowley is a 'nice' bloke and and his actions make us a club to envy - remember the Colwyn Bay incident when the ref got injured, remember the very recent incident in the Guiseley/Braintree game. Would you want to be associated with those clubs? Grahame Rowley said at the AGM (I was there) that it is imperative that this club stays in the National League so there is no lack of ambition from him.

And if the board wants to give away fans part of the Popular Side, let them. It's called decency. You dozen or so singers can go elsewhere. I think you may have an elevated sense of your own importance and influence.
on the associated with that type of club,we all got by when we got the ludicrous goal against Alferton

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2016, 11:13:44 PM »

GB Alty

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2016, 11:20:42 PM »

What makes you think we're scared of attracting new investment ? I'm sure we'd welcome it with open arms. But it isn't out there. We're situated in a "rich" area....it's full of people who only care about the Premier League. Their money, their privilege, our misfortune.
I don't believe that at all, the club does nothing to attract outside investment, the club now has a culture that any investment would be bad news, that any new investor could not be trusted. You only have to read some posts on this forum to see that.

Rowley talks in the paper that 'we are a different kind of club' - he is right, we don't want outsiders involved with their money to ruin the clique - were a closed shop!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:24:06 PM by Woofer »

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2016, 12:24:35 AM »

And if the board wants to give away fans part of the Popular Side, let them. It's called decency. You dozen or so singers can go elsewhere. I think you may have an elevated sense of your own importance and influence.

Bury........you need to re-think this one

I am not one of the 'dozen' singers, nor am I important or influential in terms of my individual contribution to the club or the team - no elevated sense of importance here!

I am though a season ticket holder who stands in the same place on the Popside at every home game and I have to say that I don't particularly like being moved to a position where my view is restricted by scaffolding and columns, to allow away supporters (who come once a year) to stay in shelter and then end up with a view that is so much better than my own.

If the police insist, then I respect that - Otherwise I would argue, let's keep it 'decent' for the paying regulars of AFC before worrying about how 'decent' we behave towards other clubs' supporters
Many of these clubs insist that as away supporters we are seated and then they charge us more for seating than they do their own supporters. It's maybe only a quid, but there is a principle at stake here and it is not right. There are also clubs who charge our fans extra to move to dry areas of the ground once the torrential rain arrives.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 12:34:56 AM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2016, 04:30:00 AM »

This is the wrong thread to post this but the only one Hash has posted on, and I want to echo his view - though he may not agree with everything I say and will tell me so on Saturday  ;D

Firstly, let me say that I don't think Tolson is the man to lead this team to any sort of glory, or even safety, but I do think that this club owes the Rowley family and the rest of the board a huge vote of thanks and they should not be pilloried for their decision to appoint him or for other decisions made on our behalf. The community hall is a long-term project and will be a welcome revenue stream for the club. There will be support for all of the soccer teams as a consequence - difficult to quantify, I know, but no reason not to support it or its foundation.

This does not mean that we are no longer a football club. It means that we are a caring club trying to establish roots in the community. Why is that so wrong? And if our caring board wants to do what it considers 'right' by Neil Tolson, why shouldn't it? It's all part of putting goodness ahead of the cutthroat business that football has become, to the detriment of decency and goodwill.

Clearly Grahame Rowley is a 'nice' bloke and and his actions make us a club to envy - remember the Colwyn Bay incident when the ref got injured, remember the very recent incident in the Guiseley/Braintree game. Would you want to be associated with those clubs? Grahame Rowley said at the AGM (I was there) that it is imperative that this club stays in the National League so there is no lack of ambition from him.

I agree with you about the CSH. It is a vital part of our future and long may it continue. I also believe the Chairman and board want us to stay up and i do not question the very hard work they put in.  I am usually positive and optimistic about this club but many things about the last week have left me deflated.

Sinnott left but we couldnt even say officially straight off how he left. Sacked? Quit? Nothing. That just caused unnecessary confusion and speculation.

We then hear about Tolsons appointment second hand via the BBC and NLP. The reasons given  in the NLP for him getting the job were unbelievable. It came across, in my opinion, as a weak, cosy decision based partly on non footballing reasons. We need inspiration right now and have been given none.

I'm afraid football always has been a cutthroat business on the pitch, and it should be. You appoint managers and coaches on their ability to do the job and get results, not to be nice to them. What next, not drop or get rid of players? Making hard, vital football decisions out of goodness and being caring is lunacy in my view.

There is nothing wrong with treating away fans well. But the scaffolding and fencing on the pop side is such that if you give away fans the far end then the home fans are pushed back and have a badly restricted view. The away fans are treated better than home fans in effect. Not intentional but it alienates a lot of regulars, not just singers.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 06:50:24 AM by Bob »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2016, 08:24:16 AM »

If we do go down I fear we won't even become a yo yoclub and it could take five years plus to reach this level without financial investment.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2016, 09:48:57 AM »

With regards to the CSH, there is still a huge shortfall in paying for it. We're not going to see any benefit from that to the club in the short term.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2016, 10:34:20 AM »

With regards to the CSH, there is still a huge shortfall in paying for it. We're not going to see any benefit from that to the club in the short term.

I disagree on both those points. 

It was stated recently on here, http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=21110.msg245502#msg245502  "Just to clarify the CSH element of this discussion, the £110k that has been mentioned is the figure outstanding at the end of the last financial year (May 2015). This has now reduced to £36k, as a result of final grant payments, sponsorship, further fund raisers, etc. These repayments have not impacted the AFC playing budget, nor will they, and the completion of repayments is on schedule for early next year. "

The bar and catering on a matchday as I understand it go direct to the club - there is no way the Noel White Suite could have been taking the same amount of business thats now going through the CSH.

We've had the televised Alty matches on in there, with breakfast and a great club atmosphere.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tuesday matches thread