PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tuesday matches thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Tuesday matches thread  (Read 14161 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday matches thread
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 05:55:36 PM »

my god havent most of you turned in to defeatists , thats quite ......... sad yes things dont look good but there is always a chance and tbh im surprised some of you can actually watch the football match we are apparently that bad and no one knows whats going on and its a shambles and the team is clueless the management shocking and the chairman apparently become the son of Satan ...... how about  YOU ALL GET A f**kING GRIP seriously ive never seen a bigger bunch of wet arses , if you dont like the situation stop watching ,  you guys are becoming the male version of loose women  ... end of rant

Well, I can only presume that your forum name derives from the substance that you appear to be smoking?

And I'd feel more confident of staying up if Alty had appointed Janet Street Porter as their new manager.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2016, 06:00:22 PM »

Lets go doom and gloom as and when its mathematically too late. 
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2016, 06:18:30 PM »

my god havent most of you turned in to defeatists , thats quite ......... sad yes things dont look good but there is always a chance and tbh im surprised some of you can actually watch the football match we are apparently that bad and no one knows whats going on and its a shambles and the team is clueless the management shocking and the chairman apparently become the son of Satan ...... how about  YOU ALL GET A f**kING GRIP seriously ive never seen a bigger bunch of wet arses , if you dont like the situation stop watching ,  you guys are becoming the male version of loose women  ... end of rant

Well, I can only presume that your forum name derives from the substance that you appear to be smoking?

And I'd feel more confident of staying up if Alty had appointed Janet Street Porter as their new manager.

lets not look at the names now shall we  , when you are named after one of the worst forwards in alty history your reply sums everything up ive just typed get back in the kitchen

btw my surname is brown and you can blame the likes of jimmy and friends for the nick name
FFS

Jimmy

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2016, 07:45:39 PM »

Hash the problem for me is not the players it's what we've become as a club.

Trouty

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2016, 07:54:31 PM »

Guiseley 1 up

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2016, 07:58:31 PM »

Hash the problem for me is not the players it's what we've become as a club.
Jim i completely understand and respect everyone's view but this forum is getting a little tedious when its just a constant barrage and the fact
( the thing that pisses me of) when someone has a different view people try to make it personal as the above comment seems spreading horrible disgusting accusations about my social habits the man is a cyber bully but yes it dosnt look good but why not wait till the end of the season when things can be done becuase they have there hands tied with monetary restraints , player restraints but change the club the way people may want .... btw the cyber bullying comment was a joke.
FFS

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2016, 08:07:55 PM »

Guiseley1 - 1Grimsby

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2016, 08:20:35 PM »

Never known the atmosphere on this forum to be as bad as this, perhaps we ought to get together, support the players and staff and hope we can get home and dry. Squabbling will not change where things are, we have no say so. Get together, try and get some mates along on Saturday and support the team.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

GB Alty

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2016, 08:31:00 PM »

Never known the atmosphere on this forum to be as bad as this, perhaps we ought to get together, support the players and staff and hope we can get home and dry. Squabbling will not change where things are, we have no say so. Get together, try and get some mates along on Saturday and support the team.
we have no say?

It's supposed to be our club as the chairman has told us many times - but you now saying we supporters have no say?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 08:33:25 PM by Woofer »

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2016, 08:52:24 PM »

It's our club when the Chairman, wants it to be, usually when money or volunteers are needed, but also he's quite happy to show contempt to the fans at will too. Don't be fooled into thinking that things will change in the Summer and we'll suddenly remember we're a football club again, if I anted to support a tinpot family club with no ambition I'd have gone to watch one of the Tameside clubs long ago.

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2016, 08:57:09 PM »

Guiseley 2 - 1 Grimsby

bumble

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2016, 09:00:12 PM »

« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 09:38:34 PM by Jack Jolly »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2016, 09:41:59 PM »

Torq 0-0 Halifax FT

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2016, 10:19:57 PM »

This is the wrong thread to post this but the only one Hash has posted on, and I want to echo his view - though he may not agree with everything I say and will tell me so on Saturday  ;D

Firstly, let me say that I don't think Tolson is the man to lead this team to any sort of glory, or even safety, but I do think that this club owes the Rowley family and the rest of the board a huge vote of thanks and they should not be pilloried for their decision to appoint him or for other decisions made on our behalf. The community hall is a long-term project and will be a welcome revenue stream for the club. There will be support for all of the soccer teams as a consequence - difficult to quantify, I know, but no reason not to support it or its foundation.

This does not mean that we are no longer a football club. It means that we are a caring club trying to establish roots in the community. Why is that so wrong? And if our caring board wants to do what it considers 'right' by Neil Tolson, why shouldn't it? It's all part of putting goodness ahead of the cutthroat business that football has become, to the detriment of decency and goodwill.

Clearly Grahame Rowley is a 'nice' bloke and and his actions make us a club to envy - remember the Colwyn Bay incident when the ref got injured, remember the very recent incident in the Guiseley/Braintree game. Would you want to be associated with those clubs? Grahame Rowley said at the AGM (I was there) that it is imperative that this club stays in the National League so there is no lack of ambition from him.

And if the board wants to give away fans part of the Popular Side, let them. It's called decency. You dozen or so singers can go elsewhere. I think you may have an elevated sense of your own importance and influence.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2016, 10:48:16 PM »

I am fully behind the football club's community work, I proposed it to the previous board and work in community investment in my day job, doing voluntary work and fundraising. I have nothing against the sports hall, but would question what kind of revenue stream that will bring to the club. The hall is a charity in its own right and will surely invest its income within. Our caring 'board' doing right by Neil Tolson makes us look tinpot, we should want the best manager we can afford, which is what any organisation should want not just a football club. You say you don't agree with his appointment but thank the Rowley family for making it anyway. I don't know him personally but whether Grahame Rowley is a nice bloke or not has nothing to do with it, when was the last time we had a new board member from 'outside' the club? Why are we scared of attracting new investment?

The popular side issue has got ridiculous, I'm not precious about it but no other club would have that situation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tuesday matches thread