PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 sinnout
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: sinnout  (Read 11679 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: sinnout
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2016, 11:15:28 PM »

I think sometimes things just run their natural course don't they. I wish him well in the future but it's certainly the right decision imo.

Also, I'm not convinced the players are as bad as we think. If I was the new manager I'd definitely keep Deasy, Havern, Leather, Moult, Richman, Reeves and Rankine without hesitation, happy to keep Griffin too, even Sinnott Jnr in the circumstances ( and obviously Clee and Densmore).

I think that's what's been troubling me, we just need to find that spark. Put it this way I think this team is comfortably ahead of the 97,01 and 11 teams that got relegated (and the others that survived on technicalities).

Very well put Ballers, I think losing Clee has probably been the biggest problem, he was often the spark.

I spent most of the early part of the season on here arguing with people who couldn't see what Nicky Clee brings or wouldn't have him as first name on the team sheet or thought he was out most creative player.

Well I hope they've enjoyed the last six months...

Jimmy

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2016, 07:50:14 AM »

Seriously hope not

The guy has never been anything other than wholly professional. He came in with the target of getting us promoted which he did. He brought Duncan Watmore through and helped him develop into the player who was bought by a Premier League Club.
Another League scalp (Barnsley) and seconds from defeating Colchester on their own patch.
He deserves our thanks and appreciation not slagging off and belittling as I anticipate some will take the opportunity to do

Surely everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Indeed they are Jock - I just fear that Lee's achievements (and there were a significant number of them don't forget) will be overlooked in an avalanche of criticism, personal abuse etc.
I think the alty fans have been amazing to this point strong attendances in general given the poor results and the crowd still getting behind the team despite it .the singing for 90 mins against macc was fab.  Most fans elsewhere would have got on the players and managers back
well said Wayne

andrewflynn

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2016, 08:55:41 AM »

I think sometimes things just run their natural course don't they. I wish him well in the future but it's certainly the right decision imo.

Also, I'm not convinced the players are as bad as we think. If I was the new manager I'd definitely keep Deasy, Havern, Leather, Moult, Richman, Reeves and Rankine without hesitation, happy to keep Griffin too, even Sinnott Jnr in the circumstances ( and obviously Clee and Densmore).

I think that's what's been troubling me, we just need to find that spark. Put it this way I think this team is comfortably ahead of the 97,01 and 11 teams that got relegated (and the others that survived on technicalities).

Very well put Ballers, I think losing Clee has probably been the biggest problem, he was often the spark.

I spent most of the early part of the season on here arguing with people who couldn't see what Nicky Clee brings or wouldn't have him as first name on the team sheet or thought he was out most creative player.

I don't think his ability was ever doubted. His fitness was extremely questionable though.

Jimmy

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2016, 08:57:55 AM »

Well we've certainly looked poor going forward without him

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2016, 09:33:33 AM »

I don't think his ability was ever doubted. His fitness was extremely questionable though.

His fitness, up until getting injured this season has been superb.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 sinnout