PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 An honest & polite man
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: An honest & polite man  (Read 17954 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: An honest & polite man
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 08:16:14 PM »

Sad news today I agree that we cud do with a nut case now until the end of the season 
Francis sincliar ?

I'd rather see Frank Spencer here than That T**t

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 08:19:08 PM »

Sad news today I agree that we cud do with a nut case now until the end of the season 
Francis sincliar ?

I'd rather see Frank Spencer here than That T**t
ha ha ooohhh betty
ParkINson's red and white army

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2016, 08:20:12 PM »

Always eloquent and dignified............probably working under some serious budget constraints too, but as others have said we are in the results business and lately they have been very disappointing.

As said earlier I still believe our best eleven is the team (almost) that got us out of Conference North and to say this means our recruitment under Lee has probably not been as good as we would have hoped in terms of the new faces brought in. The injuries have been a nightmare, but once those guys became unavailable, the back-up has been found wanting at this level

Some great football played at times which has been a joy to watch, but the 20/20 thing was such an over-ambitious target, it was subject to ridicule. As others have said, football is a cruel game at times, so I hope Lee is back in football soon, albeit we move on to another chapter
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2016, 08:35:09 PM »

I have nothing but praise and respect for Lee and wish him all the best for the future. A gentleman in every way, not at all common in this day and age especially in football management.

Its obvious to me that Lee did his best and chose to leave and he is clearly hoping in the last 11 games that someone else might be able to keep us up.

Who that is or could be I have no idea.

roytonmike

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2016, 08:45:36 PM »

I have nothing but praise and respect for Lee and wish him all the best for the future. A gentleman in every way, not at all common in this day and age especially in football management.
Its obvious to me that Lee did his best and chose to leave and he is clearly hoping in the last 11 games that someone else might be able to keep us up.
I agree absolutely with the first and last lines above. As for the middle, I'm afraid I read the rather opaque club statement differently, but that is in a sense neither here nor there. Always approachable, pleasant & courteous, and honest in his assessment of performances. I too wish him well.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 08:48:04 PM »

I agree absolutely with the first and last lines above. As for the middle, I'm afraid I read the rather opaque club statement differently, but that is in a sense neither here nor there. Always approachable, pleasant & courteous, and honest in his assessment of performances. I too wish him well.

He walked.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 09:20:08 PM »

I also echo the sentiments and thank Lee for some good times over the last few seasons, however, the alarm bells really were ringing back in August when it was obvious his close season signings were woeful. This I believe has been Lee's Achilles heel and, as many people have said on here before, must have been a result of him having no contacts or knowledge of players over this side of the country. To give contracts to all of the pre-season signings, with the exception of Deasy, shows an alarming lack of judgement.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2016, 10:32:56 PM »

Thank you Lee for some of the best football I have seen us play, and for being such an honest and decent manager. You deserve to leave with dignity and thanks.

VofD

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 10:49:51 PM »

He walked.

With,or without money?

bighairedmike

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 10:58:05 PM »

He walked.

With,or without money?

I believe that he wasn't contracted. Also, given the type of person he is i cant imagine he'd ask for a severence if he resigns.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2016, 11:00:49 PM »

Thanks Lee. The Guiseley play-off was something special. And Barnsley in the FA Cup brought back memories. Will be remembered as a top bloke.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2016, 11:02:00 PM »

His post match comments suggest he wasn't ready to walk out. Surely if he had resigned then the club would say so?

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2016, 11:06:14 PM »

And he was spot on about the team not moving the ball quick enough last night. Bloody James Lawrie taking 15 touches before passing (often losing) the ball just lets the opposition defence set

Jimmy

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2016, 07:46:46 AM »

If he was sacked the club should have a replacement,if we have 2 weeks of Tolson it would suggest he walked

andrewflynn

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2016, 09:11:58 AM »

It shouldn't take online forum debate to determine whether Lee was sacked or if he resigned. The club statement is pretty poor in my opinion as it leaves the question unanswered. The details should be in black and white. Its not fair on Lee to have people talking about that and they wouldn't be if the club would just say it how it is.

The statement is weird on the whole, I find the mention of the injury crisis bizarre. If that excuse is valid enough to be mentioned in an official club statement, then why is the manager losing his job over the situation we find ourselves in because of it?

It comes across like "Lee has been great at Altrincham, thank you so much, but we've had lots of injuries in an extremely unlucky season, we're parting ways with Lee anyway."

I'm happy he's gone and the reasons for that have all been previously mentioned so there's no point me re-typing them, they're all pretty generic at this stage. Lee Sinnott's Altrincham put a smile on my face numerous times, given me some memories I'll never forget.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 An honest & polite man