PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 what next ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: what next ?  (Read 39942 times)

GB Alty

Re: what next ?
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2016, 01:11:29 AM »

All them 3 would be bad choices

I will repeat the question - Why?

When Lee was appointed a number of people decried the appointment as he had "No Altrincham FC pedigree"  Two of the candidates listed above have significant Altrincham pedigree (I later found out that what was actually meant was experience at the Club incidentally)

Again I am not being obtuse I genuinely am interested in folks thought processes on this
nice guy, and I know your his friend

But is his management record really good enough for this level? I am open minded about it

Jamie,

Whether or not Neil is my "friend" is really an irrelevance I think at this time

He is, in terms of my "day job", for at least part of the time my boss

However, we are both adults and can separate work from leisure.

I have my views on his Management potential as his record is history and we have spent a long time trying to look forward rather than back at this club don't you agree?

yeah maybe you could be his number 2?

Incidentally my name isn't Jamie it's Phyu Thwe Win

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2016, 05:35:13 AM »

Colin Little. No explanation necessary.

Well there is. I'm sure there is a bit of difference between conference football and City's U8s.

So Colin has no experience of conference football?

As a manager, no. He also has limited coaching experience, and pretty much none at men's level. I find it very odd that you even mention him.

The idea of an ex player managing a non-league club is clearly ridiculous, sorry to even mention it, I mean, when does that ever happen?
Personally I would rather have someone who loves the club and has experience here than an outsider.

[/quote]

If Little had never kicked a ball for us then the thought of him managing Alty would be pretty much inconceivable. 

Just become somebody loves the club and was a playing hero doesn't make them any more suitable to be a manager. In fact, it can make it worse. Blind eyes are turned, sentiment gets in the way of logic. It just strikes me as inward looking, parochial and too cosy. Yes it can work at times but it fails more often than not.
For outsider read new

Jimmy

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2016, 06:55:51 AM »

I think anyone who suggest these people who eiether played or managed the club or indeed Tolson simply can't think of an alternative

brian1925

« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2016, 07:08:09 AM »

I think Tols or even one of the players will be given the job on a temporary basis, as it's just so close to the end of the season and God knows who is available.
For my part, I'd try and appoint someone who has the personality and contacts to keep us up, horrid as he might be...Frank Sinclair. I honestly believe that dreadful git could keep us up.

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2016, 07:15:22 AM »

If Lee was indeed sacked, then you have to hope that we already have someone lined up. If he walked, then finding a new man could take weeks and we may have to rely on Tolson.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2016, 09:46:56 AM »

I certainly think the next manager should be a fresh face,  however I can't see a suitable candidate being appointed be fire end of this season.

I would put Jake Moult in temporary charge  (coach at stoke so will have badges) assisted by Densmore and Clee.
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy

« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2016, 09:52:29 AM »

If they have sacked him,and that's a big if they should know and have a suitable replacement

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2016, 10:08:29 AM »

If he has been sacked won't he be expecting a payout?

Where's the money coming from to bring someone in?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2016, 10:58:32 AM »

The more I think about it, I do think Ronnie Moore would be a feasible shout

He's 63 now and not likely to get another gig in the league, got the (recent) track record in these situations, might fancy a go until the end of the season?

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2016, 11:46:42 AM »

we don't need somebody who can 'give it a go' I could do that myself....we need someone who can come in and get results from day 1!

taxi Phil

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2016, 12:26:47 PM »

Lee almost certainly resigned. He said on more than one occasion that he didn't want a contract, and I very much doubt he'll want any sort of severance payment.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2016, 04:22:50 PM »

All them 3 would be bad choices

I will repeat the question - Why?

When Lee was appointed a number of people decried the appointment as he had "No Altrincham FC pedigree"  Two of the candidates listed above have significant Altrincham pedigree (I later found out that what was actually meant was experience at the Club incidentally)

Again I am not being obtuse I genuinely am interested in folks thought processes on this
nice guy, and I know your his friend

But is his management record really good enough for this level? I am open minded about it

Jamie,

Whether or not Neil is my "friend" is really an irrelevance I think at this time

He is, in terms of my "day job", for at least part of the time my boss

However, we are both adults and can separate work from leisure.

I have my views on his Management potential as his record is history and we have spent a long time trying to look forward rather than back at this club don't you agree?

Earlier on this very thread, you asked people to expand upon their objections to any prospective appointment of Neil Tolson as Alty's manager.

Several contributors responded and outlined various valid reasons for disregarding Tolson.

Meanwhile, we are still awaiting you (or, indeed, anyone else on here) to propound a reasonable case for Tolson's succession.

Frankly, I'd be fascinated to see how you can divorce him from any degree of culpability for the current malaise which is afflicting the first team.

Time for new blood.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2016, 04:23:49 PM »

Lee almost certainly resigned. He said on more than one occasion that he didn't want a contract, and I very much doubt he'll want any sort of severance payment.

I thought this was the case too, therefore no payout, another thing to be thankful for
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2016, 04:46:21 PM »

Earlier on this very thread, you asked people to expand upon their objections to any prospective appointment of Neil Tolson as Alty's manager.

Several contributors responded and outlined various valid reasons for disregarding Tolson.

Meanwhile, we are still awaiting you (or, indeed, anyone else on here) to propound a reasonable case for Tolson's succession.

Frankly, I'd be fascinated to see how you can divorce him from any degree of culpability for the current malaise which is afflicting the first team.

Time for new blood.

Cult, I've aired this viewpoint in more general terms about assistants taking over from exiting managers, I'd never do it. Although clearly I have no problem with Tols holding the fort for the Barrow game.

What I'd say is that I can't see any massive differences between him and LS. In these situations, you can often see a cavalier young manager with an experienced assistant who steps up and steadies the ship, or vice versa sometimes.

In this situation I couldn't say how Tols can be exempt from blame - clearly LS wasn't.

Of course, it depends what drove the decision. There'll be factors we, rightly, won't know about. Maybe the players had stopped listening to LS, maybe some had fallen out with him, I couldn't say (and it doesn't appear to be anything that drastic to be fair)

My own opinion is that Lee Sinnott's tenure had run it's natural course, as these things often do. And most managers leave under a much darker cloud than this.

That said, bet I'm not generous if we do end up getting relegated!

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2016, 05:10:34 PM »

Another name into the pot.
Paul Mcguiness, Utd ex under 18's manager.
Think he is looking for a job.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 what next ?