PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 what next ?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: what next ?  (Read 39943 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: what next ?
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2016, 08:40:00 PM »

Morrell is an interesting call Toff.

Phil, aside from the fact I'm not convinced by Tols managerial record (and giving him a crack of the whip to put that right is way, way down the list of priorities) I can't see what he would bring that would be an improvement on the Sinnott/Tolson partnership. I'd need a much clearer picture from behind the scenes as to why things have slipped to make that call.

I extend that to all assistant managers as well really.

Colin Little? Love the idea of him as manager in the future. Now? Ten games left and in this hole? Not a chance man.

And Graham Heathcote? Let's move on eh. As for he could find a midfielder who'd come in and boss things he barely managed that in five years managing in the conference. I'd be surprised if he had one up his sleeve now.

Jimmy

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2016, 08:40:51 PM »

Morrell, currently at tamworth
7th so not doing that well,however we probably won't have anyone doing well applying

GB Alty

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2016, 08:48:20 PM »

Shaun Reid, wants the job as well!

bighairedmike

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2016, 08:57:48 PM »

Shaun Reid, wants the job as well!

He told you that?

brian1925

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2016, 09:05:43 PM »

I want a t*** of a manager, locally based with plenty of contacts who can really get average players playing out of their skin. I believe he's available and we all hate him. Well, that'd be my choice and I'm sure he'll apply.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2016, 09:06:04 PM »

Neil Tolson? Absolutely not. Like the guy but he has admitted on radio programmes that he isn't cut out to be a number 1. With ten games to go we need somebody who will get the fans and players united. Somebody who will get the buzz back to Moss Lane. Id bring back the Cote.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2016, 09:11:23 PM »

Ronnie Moore for me as well. Has experience of getting teams out of situations like we're in. Please don't go anywhere near Neil Young. If you watched the Stockport forum over the last few months you wouldn't want him near our team. Signing numerous players and loanees and getting rid of them after a couple of games. Definitely not what we need at this stage of the season. The Canadian rocker would probably be a better bet!!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2016, 09:58:32 PM »

Cannot understand the desire to bring back heathcote, the man is a legend but had his day, we need an up and coming manager who will do us well and then bugger off to a football league club
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2016, 10:27:52 PM »

One of the best things about Sinnott was that we ended the culture of internal appointments and ex players that had gone on for years on end. Please let's not go back to that. Let's keep moving forward and keep things fresh.

bighairedmike

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2016, 10:33:56 PM »

One of the best things about Sinnott was that we ended the culture of internal appointments and ex players that had gone on for years on end. Please let's not go back to that. Let's keep moving forward and keep things fresh.

Exactly right Bob. Something we all applauded at the time. And something I hope continues.

Bath Alty

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2016, 11:05:03 PM »

Give it George Heslop till the end of the season! ;D

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2016, 11:54:01 PM »

It won't be Heathcote.

I can pretty much guarantee that.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

old alty fan

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2016, 12:28:59 AM »

Jose Mourinho 

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2016, 12:29:12 AM »

All them 3 would be bad choices

I will repeat the question - Why?

When Lee was appointed a number of people decried the appointment as he had "No Altrincham FC pedigree"  Two of the candidates listed above have significant Altrincham pedigree (I later found out that what was actually meant was experience at the Club incidentally)

Again I am not being obtuse I genuinely am interested in folks thought processes on this
nice guy, and I know your his friend

But is his management record really good enough for this level? I am open minded about it

Jamie,

Whether or not Neil is my "friend" is really an irrelevance I think at this time

He is, in terms of my "day job", for at least part of the time my boss

However, we are both adults and can separate work from leisure.

I have my views on his Management potential as his record is history and we have spent a long time trying to look forward rather than back at this club don't you agree?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2016, 12:50:24 AM »

We had 25 applications both domestic and overseas within 48 of Ken mc confirming he wasn't returning. We shouldn't rule anyone in our out at this stage. The brief has got to be, you've ten/eleven games to get 15 points, it's really that simple at this stage. We haven't the time or games to "take a chance" or let someone "cut their teeth"

We were in a similar position when kingy was tempted back whilst assistant boss at bury. We need someone with drive, that's inspirational, motivational and has the contacts to bring in a couple or three players be it loan or unattached to keep us in the division
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 what next ?