PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 what next ?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: what next ?  (Read 39950 times)

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: what next ?
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2016, 11:25:44 PM »

I take it from the wording on the website, reporting on Matt Doughty returning as Tolson's assistant till the end of the season, that we are not actively looking for a new manager. How on earth can we sack one without the other I do not understand!!!

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2016, 11:47:48 PM »

If so its a tad bizarre. A new man should have been brought in,I fail to see how this will end well.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2016, 08:02:22 AM »

Doomed
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

VofD

« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2016, 11:26:55 PM »

I think we all agree that our League position is not precisely what we would want it to be.

Therefore might it not be an idea for us to put our personal differences aside, temporarily forget our prejudices about individuals and get 100% behind whoever is entrusted to try to lead the Club out of its current position.

Well, I've tried my utmost to ignore this post but I'm afraid it's simply annoyed me far too much!

Earlier on this very thread, it was your good self who wanted to canvass opinion regarding some people's objections to the long-term appointment of a few nominated candidates to replace Lee Sinnott.

Several contributors duly responded with perfectly valid and reasonable perspectives on this issue.

Now we are advised that we have merely been expressing prejudices against certain individuals, presumably as none of these viewpoints happen to coincide with your own which, notwithstanding a couple of requests, you have still failed to enlighten us with (although I think that we could all hazard a fairly accurate guess on that topic).

To compound matters, you then produce the insulting implication that we would not offer our 100% support to Lee Sinnott's successor in the event of them not being our manager of choice.

The club is bigger than the individual, Phil.

All I really care about at the moment is for the Board to appoint someone who can ensure that next season's Alty fixture list doesn't contain matches against FCUM or even Salford City.

Frankly, I'm disappointed, Phil, and Ibelieve that an apology is in order. 

Barry,
You will have to wait a long time for  an apology from the BIGGEST GOBsh*tE on this forum.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2016, 11:15:57 PM »

Well thanks very much for the compliment although I am sure that there are some who may be able to challenge me for my recently bestowed accolade

If I have anything to say to Barry then, as always, I will do so privately and most definitely not on this forum, in fact I will probably be speaking to him in the next day or so

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2016, 07:01:16 AM »

Well thanks very much for the compliment although I am sure that there are some who may be able to challenge me for my recently bestowed accolade

If I have anything to say to Barry then, as always, I will do so privately and most definitely not on this forum, in fact I will probably be speaking to him in the next day or so

You asked people why Tolson should not be manager.  You had replies. Here is mine.

My view is that by being assistant to a man who honourably quit with us in a relegation place, Tolson is part of the problem. He offers little fresh and his own track record as a manager is not inspiring. Thats my opinion, I am sure he is a decent man but he is not suitable in my view to be manager of this club for about a dozen games when we are in an almighty battle to stay up.

If Tolson proves me wrong and keeps us up then fair play and praise to the guy. I will be delighted if we stay up.

Do you think Tolson is the right choice?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 what next ?