PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barrow - Match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Barrow - Match thread  (Read 41223 times)

brian1925

Re: Barrow - Match thread
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2016, 01:17:58 PM »

I think it's really out of order to condemn fans for saying they're having difficulty contemplating following Alty next season. These people have followed the club through thick and thin for years. Maybe they are just sick of perpetually going round in circles - I know how they feel.
Look, the point is, anyone looking at the table would be wondering what we're all moaning about. On paper, we have as much chance as anybody of getting out of bother (particularly given our relatively kind fixture list). However, we're not stupid. We know we are on a downward spiral and most of us have come to the conclusion that the personnel we have are just not good enough to stay up. That's what is making the whole 'let's do sod all' approach so hard to stomach. There has been an acceptance of relegation for quite a while now (Colchester, Barnsley whatever) and a managerial change might, just might have given us the boost needed to get us over the line IT HAS AT OTHER CLUBS. That's bloody frustrating.

VofD

« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2016, 01:18:41 PM »

I'm a little worried about Tolson's assertion in his post match interview that "Jordan Sinnott is really a full back". While he's done a pretty good job there this season, the way Gateshead's winger ripped him a new one rather undermines that opinion. I'm seriously considering not bothering next season.

Phil,

I reckon if we go down, there could well be other fans, myself included (32 years a supporter), considering the same thing. >:( >:(
fully, agree I nearly 35 years a supporter but not sure I will be going again as things stand

Don't bother coming for the rest of the season. Don't need "fans" with that attitude.

You might not need "fans" with that attitude, but the club sure as hell needs the money from any kind of "fan".

andrewflynn

« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2016, 01:40:31 PM »

If you can't be arsed supporting the club in the Conference North you don't deserve to be a part of Conference National and FA Cup experiences. You're more than welcome to f**k it off if you've not the time for it, funny how you'd condemn the club for having the same attitude though.

Jimmy

« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2016, 01:57:22 PM »

Not all about going down,the appointment of Tolson is simply accepting relegation

GB Alty

« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2016, 01:58:18 PM »

If you can't be arsed supporting the club in the Conference North you don't deserve to be a part of Conference National and FA Cup experiences. You're more than welcome to f**k it off if you've not the time for it, funny how you'd condemn the club for having the same attitude though.
my disillusionment is due to the way the club is being run, not the conference north, I can take that. But I can't accept the way the club is being run at the moment

It has a cancer of nepotism at it's heart, my fear is unless it's cut out now it will be terminal. As Cult pointed out we have become just a community sports hall now and not a football club anymore

Those that run the club have lost track of what we stand for, they have forgotten the responsibility they owe to the supporters as they are custodian's of this football club. It is not their's to do as they will with
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 02:02:13 PM by Woofer »

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2016, 01:59:40 PM »

Harsh. It's a supporting a football club, not raising a child.

I've agreed with very little LofD has posted on this thread, but it's his money and his free time. Presuming he pays his way in and doesn't do something at games to result in being banned, then he can pick which games he wants to go to for any reason he feels like. Lots more people went to the Barnsley game than turned up every week in the Conference North, but I was glad we swelled the attendance, not annoyed there were loads of people there who didn't bother when Workington on a Tuesday night.

I'll be there next season no matter what, but I'm not going to tell others what they should do whether we stay up or not.

andrewflynn

« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2016, 02:21:24 PM »

Harsh. It's a supporting a football club, not raising a child.

I've agreed with very little LofD has posted on this thread, but it's his money and his free time. Presuming he pays his way in and doesn't do something at games to result in being banned, then he can pick which games he wants to go to for any reason he feels like. Lots more people went to the Barnsley game than turned up every week in the Conference North, but I was glad we swelled the attendance, not annoyed there were loads of people there who didn't bother when Workington on a Tuesday night.

I'll be there next season no matter what, but I'm not going to tell others what they should do whether we stay up or not.

A grand total of 0 of them probably really care about the club's current situation. They are there for the occasion more than the support of the club. You can't criticise those floating customers because they aren't the ones with accounts on the forum posting considered opinions dozens of times a day. They aren't "35 years a supporter." So to see people, who seemingly do care that much, consider f**king it off if we get relegated really winds me up.

Of course people have autonomy over their own money and time. That doesn't mean I can't criticise what they intend to do with it, especially when they've obviously been well invested in the football club's fortunes.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2016, 04:41:23 PM »

What a load of bollocks I know dozens of Alty fans who follow and support the club but dont go to every game like they once did, there are many reasons for this and there personal. The great guy who runs this forum  being one of them?
If they can make a special effort a few times a year for the big occasions all the better to see them around.

andrewflynn

« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2016, 05:25:55 PM »

What a load of bollocks I know dozens of Alty fans who follow and support the club but dont go to every game like they once did, there are many reasons for this and there personal. The great guy who runs this forum  being one of them?
If they can make a special effort a few times a year for the big occasions all the better to see them around.

Those people don't come out and say they can't be arsed based on the league the club are competing in, something I've seen from a few people on here. I don't agree with it, sorry.

Jimmy

« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2016, 06:22:36 PM »

my disillusionment is due to the way the club is being run, not the conference north, I can take that. But I can't accept the way the club is being run at the moment

It has a cancer of nepotism at it's heart, my fear is unless it's cut out now it will be terminal. As Cult pointed out we have become just a community sports hall now and not a football club anymore

Those that run the club have lost track of what we stand for, they have forgotten the responsibility they owe to the supporters as they are custodian's of this football club. It is not their's to do as they will with
excellent post Woofer

andrewflynn

« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2016, 06:50:29 PM »

excellent post Woofer

I can completely accept people falling out of love with the club and not coming to games as a result. My point was about relegation.

Jimmy

« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2016, 06:58:32 PM »

Fair enough

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2016, 07:05:07 PM »

That pretty much sums up my thinking too. Obviously there are things behind the scenes that we don't get to see but this is very much how the club looks to me given the facts I have.

I was hoping for some bold and open thinking to put something in place to get us out of this mess but it seems that won't happen. What an utter shame. I really really hope something can be pulled out of the bag to enable us to stay up and restore some of the self respect parts of the back page of this week's NLP damaged.

My disillusionment is due to the way the club is being run, not the conference north, I can take that. But I can't accept the way the club is being run at the moment

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2016, 06:31:40 PM »

One decent result on Saturday will make all these comments nul and void.

Come on lads you know what to do. Neil, best of luck on your home debut as manager; all do all you can to make us feel good again and get everyone off your backs.

GB Alty

« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2016, 07:15:22 PM »

One decent result on Saturday will make all these comments nul and void.

no it won't
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barrow - Match thread