PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barrow - Match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Barrow - Match thread  (Read 41390 times)

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Barrow - Match thread
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2016, 12:17:08 AM »

Enough is enough

Time for Rowley to go, he's running the club into the ground and making us a laughing stock

I can only see this getting very nasty for him, but he has very badly judged the mood.

Also reading his sickening comments, can we really trust this idiot's judgement anymore, is the club really safe in his hands?

Shareholders need to act quickly

I'm a share holder,
If the manager says he can't take the club any further, what is the chairman supposed to do??
Buy some shares yourself, which are available, and you come up with the answer.
You don't find managers, chairman, left backs, midfielders, or strikers in Tesco.
But maybe you can?????

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2016, 12:38:27 AM »

I'm a shareholder too, but likely 99% of us don't have the money to invest, however I'm pretty certain we wouldn't have had to go looking for a manager in Tesco's, Sainsbury's or wherever. There would have been a raft of them on the phone as soon as Lee Sinnott's departure was announced and I would hazard a guess a few CVs in the post as we speak, posted before Tolsons role was made permanent. This is all about giving a mate a job and nothing else.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2016, 01:28:32 AM »

I'm a shareholder too, but likely 99% of us don't have the money to invest, however I'm pretty certain we wouldn't have had to go looking for a manager in Tesco's, Sainsbury's or wherever. There would have been a raft of them on the phone as soon as Lee Sinnott's departure was announced and I would hazard a guess a few CVs in the post as we speak, posted before Tolsons role was made permanent. This is all about giving a mate a job and nothing else.

So you are saying that Vangon Alty is correct.
That the chairman should go????
You didn't speak up at the AGM???????
Name names who's on the phone to be chairman or manager?!?!?!?
In fact, just give me ONE NAME.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 01:31:55 AM by B. 4D »

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2016, 07:00:04 AM »

No I'm not suggesting he should go. I think he and the board have done a great job over the years but doesn't mean I'm impressed with his actions this week. You were suggesting how difficult it was to find a manager, I was just suggesting its not as hard as you think as managers will have approached the club. Its not my job to name names,  but its the Chairman's job to appoint the right manager. Lets hope in this case he has case you're right and he has done.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2016, 07:39:05 AM »

I'm just worried that we've not given ourselves a chance at all here on any level. I think a fair few of the players have switched off (since Barnsley actually) whether that be through lack of competition for places (likely) or just tiring of the management as LS seems to have concluded.

On this basis, if GR is right and the players are keen for Tols to take over then where's the incentive for them? He's already been given the job. No basis to pull together for him there. And this is a group of players who we know are better when they have something to aim for.

In the meantime we'll never know if 30 impressive managers or 30 muppets would've applied. What on earth happens if we lose to Aldershot and Halifax??

taxi Phil

« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2016, 07:58:30 AM »

What on earth happens if we lose to Aldershot and Halifax??

We spend our time 12 months hence wondering what happens if we lose to FCUM and Curzon.

Beaver

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2016, 08:28:43 AM »

I'm just worried that we've not given ourselves a chance at all here on any level. I think a fair few of the players have switched off (since Barnsley actually) whether that be through lack of competition for places (likely) or just tiring of the management as LS seems to have concluded.

On this basis, if GR is right and the players are keen for Tols to take over then where's the incentive for them? He's already been given the job. No basis to pull together for him there. And this is a group of players who we know are better when they have something to aim for.

In the meantime we'll never know if 30 impressive managers or 30 muppets would've applied. What on earth happens if we lose to Aldershot and Halifax??

The thing that frustrates the most is that the club is surrounded by a real lack of ambition. The players are showing it on the pitch and the club has followed suit by believing that LS was performing well as manager, and thus surprised he resigned. Are we just accepting that we're a conf north club that has outperformed itself then?

Also, LS has resigned because he couldnt move the team forward, he didnt think he could avoid relegation. He believed he has been making the wrong decisions. So why oh why do we then pick the next manager based on it having his blessing? He is in a frame of mind where he, temporarily or not, has been making bad decisions for the team so what made the club think that it needed the outgoing managers blessings or backing for the new manager?

I know we aren't Man U or even Bury and we have to live within our means. I know that we all think we could runa football club and its actually a million times more difficult than we think. I also know that Mr Rowley and his family sweat blood for Alty and I am hugely grateful for all they do, I really am. However, just for once, is it too much to ask that the club takes a leaf out of the big boys books and does something thats reflective of a large professional organisation? Reading that 'we're a friendly club and do things differently' was soul destroying, it basically said 'we're tinpot'!

I'm trying to stop ranting now and support the team but I need to get this out of the system.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2016, 08:58:44 AM »

The thing that frustrates the most is that the club is surrounded by a real lack of ambition. The players are showing it on the pitch and the club has followed suit by believing that LS was performing well as manager, and thus surprised he resigned. Are we just accepting that we're a conf north club that has outperformed itself then?

Also, LS has resigned because he couldnt move the team forward, he didnt think he could avoid relegation. He believed he has been making the wrong decisions. So why oh why do we then pick the next manager based on it having his blessing? He is in a frame of mind where he, temporarily or not, has been making bad decisions for the team so what made the club think that it needed the outgoing managers blessings or backing for the new manager?

I know we aren't Man U or even Bury and we have to live within our means. I know that we all think we could runa football club and its actually a million times more difficult than we think. I also know that Mr Rowley and his family sweat blood for Alty and I am hugely grateful for all they do, I really am. However, just for once, is it too much to ask that the club takes a leaf out of the big boys books and does something thats reflective of a large professional organisation? Reading that 'we're a friendly club and do things differently' was soul destroying, it basically said 'we're tinpot'!

I'm trying to stop ranting now and support the team but I need to get this out of the system.
I think this is an excellent post and hits the nail squarely on the head, spot on.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

arnald

« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2016, 09:01:48 AM »

We need to win our home games going down is not an option and fans wanting the chairman sacked is an all time low
This is the top flight of non league and we were founder members and yes the blue Square north is OK but crowds of 300
In certain grounds is just dog sh*t boring

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2016, 09:20:10 AM »

I'd go a little bit forward and say not looked the same since Colchester. We've just never recovered from it. On Saturday as soon as we went 2-1 down the heads went down. Stop feeling sorry for yourselves and get going again. Many on here agree that this side is better than the table suggests, so it's up to them to show they are.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

eightiesrobin

« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2016, 09:59:29 AM »

I'd go a little bit forward and say not looked the same since Colchester. We've just never recovered from it. On Saturday as soon as we went 2-1 down the heads went down. Stop feeling sorry for yourselves and get going again. Many on here agree that this side is better than the table suggests, so it's up to them to show they are.

I tend to agree with Nasha here, that the Colchester result really knocked the stuffing out of everyone. 

andrewflynn

« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2016, 11:29:13 AM »

I'm a little worried about Tolson's assertion in his post match interview that "Jordan Sinnott is really a full back". While he's done a pretty good job there this season, the way Gateshead's winger ripped him a new one rather undermines that opinion. I'm seriously considering not bothering next season.

Phil,

I reckon if we go down, there could well be other fans, myself included (32 years a supporter), considering the same thing. >:( >:(
fully, agree I nearly 35 years a supporter but not sure I will be going again as things stand

Don't bother coming for the rest of the season. Don't need "fans" with that attitude.

arnald

« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2016, 12:50:26 PM »

I've been supporting alty since 88 I ain't ever going to quit it's a massive
Problem when fans give up going until we get a big game but I would not enjoy
The blue Square north but ile still go when I can

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2016, 01:01:38 PM »

Bring back Robbie Lawton asap for a start!!

taxi Phil

« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2016, 01:06:20 PM »

I'm a little worried about Tolson's assertion in his post match interview that "Jordan Sinnott is really a full back". While he's done a pretty good job there this season, the way Gateshead's winger ripped him a new one rather undermines that opinion. I'm seriously considering not bothering next season.

Phil,

I reckon if we go down, there could well be other fans, myself included (32 years a supporter), considering the same thing. >:( >:(
fully, agree I nearly 35 years a supporter but not sure I will be going again as things stand

Don't bother coming for the rest of the season. Don't need "fans" with that attitude.

So you'd rather have 200 fans with the "right" attitude than 700 who are pissed off with the garbage they're persistently offered, yet still turn up regularly ?

The club would be in the North West Counties by 2022 with that business model.

When I said I might not bother, I was thinking more in terms of my season ticket.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barrow - Match thread