PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barrow - Match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: Barrow - Match thread  (Read 41388 times)

Beaver

Re: Barrow - Match thread
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2016, 11:07:50 AM »

We're just too nice sometimes. We should be saying we'll stay in this league at all affordable cost.

Thanks Neil for your loyalty but we think there's a proven manager out there.

Conf north here we come. And whilst we reward one mans loyalty we've basically forgot about the loyalty of the paying public that won't be so loyal when we are playing in the league below for years to come.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2016, 11:14:15 AM »

So, GR was quite content for LS to fudge his way to the end of the season it seems.

VofD

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2016, 11:21:59 AM »

Following the recent drivel from the captain, we now have more drivel from the chairman. ::) ::)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2016, 11:28:04 AM »

The chairman complains about speculation that Sinnott was sacked. Well if they had actually bothered to say he had quit on Wednesday rather than the cryptic "part company" it would have stopped the speculation in the first place.

And if Tolson has been given the job partly to look after him then that is outrageous. 

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2016, 11:37:25 AM »

I want to reiterate again that Tolson has my full support along with the team until the end of the season

However when you are in business and dealing with people some times you have to look past friendships and relationships and make the right decision

Sometimes that decision is difficult and you have to have a difficult face to face eye to eye conversation to make the right decision in the long run

Sadly it appears that this has not been the case and we appear to have taken the easy option to avoid conflict or upset

Please please prove me wrong
ParkINson's red and white army

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2016, 11:50:36 AM »

If lee Sinnott isn't being replaced will we be seeing the saving used for a right back and a centre midfielder for the remainder of the season?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2016, 11:57:23 AM »

If lee Sinnott isn't being replaced will we be seeing the saving used for a right back and a centre midfielder for the remainder of the season?

Sinnott has been replaced by Tolson, and Tolson bu Doughty. Can't see any financial gain here.

Now if we'd have made Moult player manager and Densmore and Clee assistants we may well have saved a few quid.

Full time and proud of it

GB Alty

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2016, 12:53:14 PM »

Enough is enough

Time for Rowley to go, he's running the club into the ground and making us a laughing stock

I can only see this getting very nasty for him, but he has very badly judged the mood.

Also reading his sickening comments, can we really trust this idiot's judgement anymore, is the club really safe in his hands?

Shareholders need to act quickly

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2016, 01:06:45 PM »

I'm curious about in what way Tolson has been "loyal"?

Surely, he has just been fulfilling the job that the club actually pays him a salary to do?

And now we promote him because we don't want to upset him.

We used to be a football club.

Now it appears that we are merely a footnote of a football club attached to a Community Sports Hall.

Embarrassing.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jimmy

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2016, 01:13:18 PM »

Yes the loyal bit confuses me,who in their right minds have been knocking on our door after Tolson

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2016, 01:40:46 PM »

Well, my respect for LS has increased now that we know he put the good of Altrincham FC ahead of personal considerations. If only our chairman had done the same.

I will continue to support the team as always (though I'm glad there aren't any games I can get to for a while, to be honest) but this week's events have left me feeling as disillusioned with our club as I can remember being for a long time. Neil Tolson may be a nice guy for all I know but the decision to give him the manager's job is shocking, misguided and unjustifiable in footballing terms.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2016, 02:13:11 PM »

Enough is enough

Time for Rowley to go, he's running the club into the ground and making us a laughing stock

I can only see this getting very nasty for him, but he has very badly judged the mood.

Also reading his sickening comments, can we really trust this idiot's judgement anymore, is the club really safe in his hands?

Shareholders need to act quickly

The owner of Morecambe lives in Alty apparently but  I for one would be wary of any new potentail buyer.

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2016, 02:20:46 PM »

I'm curious about in what way Tolson has been "loyal"?

Surely, he has just been fulfilling the job that the club actually pays him a salary to do?

And now we promote him because we don't want to upset him.

We used to be a football club.

Now it appears that we are merely a footnote of a football club attached to a Community Sports Hall.

Embarrassing.

I couldn't agree more with this.

Frankly i'm flabbergasted by all of this. The chairmans judgement seems to be severley clouded and its likely to not end well for us.

GB Alty

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2016, 02:29:08 PM »

'Usually, in this situation, when a manager leaves, his coaching staff leave with him. But we are a different kind of club and we like to look after people.

'This is an opportunity for him to carry on Lee's wonderful work. He's going to be missed at Altrincham'"

The more I read it the more I can't believe it, is this all some wind up gone badly wrong? The comments sound almost tongue in cheek, as if they have been written to shock and offend any sensible thinking supporter

Rowley your wrong when you say were a different kind of club, we want to stay up as much as anyone, if that isn't your first priority you need to f**k off now

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2016, 02:53:38 PM »

Tolson's comments on yesterdays game seem insightful...

"We defended really well apart from on four occasions and on three of those they scored."

So we didn't defend well then Neil? Jesus wept we're in trouble.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barrow - Match thread