PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barrow - Match thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Barrow - Match thread  (Read 41384 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Barrow - Match thread
« on: March 09, 2016, 09:56:42 AM »

Simply too open and too easy that last night, we've needed a new midfielder since Griffiths had our trousers down months ago, and I don't hold out much hope in is finding one now, got to play to our strengths. Be more solid and hope we can nick a result.

...........................Deasey
....Havern.............Holness........Leather
Sinnott.........Moult...........Richman......Griffin
................lawrie.............Ginnelley
...............,,...........Reeves

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Barrow - Match thread
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 10:08:59 AM »

That's how I would have changed it last night. Especially if Crowther is injured? He was on the ream sheet last night as starting.

taxi Phil

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 10:35:41 AM »

Crowther is perpetually injured or ill, and has become a luxury we can't afford.  If we bring anything back from Holker Street it'll be a single point, and I don't even expect that. A 200+ mile round trip that I can't be bothered making.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 12:10:32 PM »

That's pretty much how I'd go Figgy,  but I fear it won't be that formation or personnel.
Full time and proud of it

brian1925

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 12:17:26 PM »

Crowther wasn't up for it on Saturday either - just a lightweight not up to the challenge unfortunately. Also on the right side, Jordan Sinnott (who despite the best efforts of some posters on this forum IS NOT A RIGHT BACK) was too easily beaten by Sampson. So, that's basically nothing on our right. If I were the opposition, I'd just focus all my efforts on this side - too easy. I also don't share the Lawrie optimism on here lately - he gives the ball away time and time again. Reeves/Rankine, whoever, they are completely isolated. We need 2 or 3 new players, sorry guys.
At the mo I'd go...
Deasy
Luca, Leather, Holness
Griff, loan right back
Richman, Moult, Ginnelly, loan winger
Reeves or Rankine

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 12:23:36 PM »

Got to start being bold, the situation is retrievable but we've simply got to play to our strengths. We had a right midfielder at right back last night when we didn't have a competent solution in right midfield. Ginnelley worked his socks off but couldn't get any joy as he was left with too much to do and very little help. The times gone to make significant changes unless we can magic up a right back and a central midfielder from somewhere. We've go three decent centre backs, a left back, a decent enough right midfielder a couple of hardworking centre midfielders and some attacking prowess. Use what we've got rather than trying to put people in out of place. If we have to not play 4-4-2 then so be it, it's about results now and nothing else. Gateshead are a decent side, and if we had not fluffed our lines against copious amounts of sh*t so far this season you could afford a defeat at home to them. We can't afford defeat to anyone now. Still hoping we produce a midfielder from somewhere before Saturday but if not then we've got to change it

brian1925

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 12:32:47 PM »

The Marcus Marshall thing, if it could come off, would make a big difference. I noticed lately that Ryan Higgins has been on the bench at improving Chester - would be a perfect replacement for Dens if available. I agree, it's not too late, but our present first team will get relegated.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 12:33:41 PM »

We might get 1 loanee in but can't see anymore than that
Full time and proud of it

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 12:50:51 PM »

The Marcus Marshall thing, if it could come off, would make a big difference. I noticed lately that Ryan Higgins has been on the bench at improving Chester - would be a perfect replacement for Dens if available. I agree, it's not too late, but our present first team will get relegated.

Chester won't lend us a player whilst stil mathematically in it. We need to be talking to league two sides about experienced midfielders

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 01:48:45 PM »

Chester won't lend us a player whilst stil mathematically in it. We need to be talking to league two sides about experienced midfielders

Exactly Pete. Is there another Cavanagh sitting on the bench somewhere ?

brian1925

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 03:42:08 PM »

Griffiths was 'another Cavanagh' sitting on a bench somewhere. Surely to God, we need some pace and width, as we are too narrow and predictable. I thought that lad from Bradford was thinking along the right lines.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 01:07:39 AM »

Has anyone else noticed that Barrow haven't won a home match since 28th November 2015...?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

arnald

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2016, 01:14:13 AM »

3 points then tunny I never noticed

Jimmy

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 07:55:19 AM »

Got to start being bold, the situation is retrievable but we've simply got to play to our strengths. We had a right midfielder at right back last night when we didn't have a competent solution in right midfield. Ginnelley worked his socks off but couldn't get any joy as he was left with too much to do and very little help. The times gone to make significant changes unless we can magic up a right back and a central midfielder from somewhere. We've go three decent centre backs, a left back, a decent enough right midfielder a couple of hardworking centre midfielders and some attacking prowess. Use what we've got rather than trying to put people in out of place. If we have to not play 4-4-2 then so be it, it's about results now and nothing else. Gateshead are a decent side, and if we had not fluffed our lines against copious amounts of sh*t so far this season you could afford a defeat at home to them. We can't afford defeat to anyone now. Still hoping we produce a midfielder from somewhere before Saturday but if not then we've got to change it
playing 5 at the back isn't bold,not to say I disagree with your team

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2016, 08:10:22 AM »

I meant bold as in the manager changing his approach and not playing 4-4-2 not bold as in formation
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barrow - Match thread