Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why's it falling on the shoulders of an 18 year old?

Author Topic: Why's it falling on the shoulders of an 18 year old?  (Read 4945 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 08, 2016, 09:59:22 PM »

No character on that pitch, and I challenge this team to prove me wrong. What the f**k was up with crowther? (Again) Ginnelly double marked a right winger on the bench and we didn't see him? The midfield was a complete and utter shambles, from the lack of passing, to the lack of showing for the ball, to the ease we were cut open so easily. Ok so they'll be locked in the dressing for an hour again. Get on the phone and get some decent midfielders in for Saturday. The lack of character is frightening, prove us wrong because we are cruising to relegation, and the penny doesn't seem to have dropped. In 93/94 we took a gamble this late with John King coming back and keeping the team up. We've won 3 games in five months.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Why's it falling on the shoulders of an 18 year old?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 10:02:43 PM »

3 games in 5 months. . f**k me that's depressing
ParkINson's red and white army

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 10:07:12 PM »

Going down material that tonight! How did L Sinnott not see that Ginnelly was being doubled up on after the first 10 minutes and still insisted on playing him against that right back who actually played well. How he didn't think to switch him to opposite wing is beyond me...

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 10:11:25 PM »

Well at least it was a better performance than Chester and I didnt think much worse than Macc on sat , maybe even deserved a point ?

AntonDeck

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 10:11:52 PM »

Ginnelly looked utterly deflated at the end

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 10:12:27 PM »

Said it from day one with Sinnott, he can see a player but likes the soft player- he got rid of Lawton straight away. He wasn't a great player but clearly too much of a leader or warrior for his fanny play. No old fashioned grit and there is not one leader on that pitch. How we haven't got a centre mid in is now beyond a joke. Sick of repeating myself. They need rockets up their arses starting with the biggest one up Sinnott. Bunch of fannies. Couldn't hear one player trying to rally the rest up. As I keep saying we don't even get the simple things right. Is there any point of us taking our own set pieces????? We don't do f*ck all with them. What do we do in training? . Next season we need to find fit, taller players with some f*cling heart. Saw this coming months ago.

Martin

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 10:26:30 PM »

I can't help but feel that we're going down. Another sh*te performance throughout the team

GB Alty

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 10:28:29 PM »

Most of us saw it coming months ago, unfortuately the people who make the real decisions at the club didn't

This club now is looking in a sorry state, sports hall or not

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 10:43:37 PM »

Crowther injured in warm up I heard

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 10:50:01 PM »

Whilst we played with endeavour very little threatening end product.

As has been said why not swap Ginnellys wing,  why bring Lawrie off and what the f**k is going on with Crowther.

Can't legislate for their 2nd goal but that's what happens just when you need it least.
Full time and proud of it

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 11:02:48 PM »

Lack of quality rather than effort for me. Says something when you're best player is a central defender on loan from another club.

In future, Maybe we need a management team, scouting, coaching set up and playing style that will give us a chance of staying in this league with our meagre budget, who knows...

Rubbish tonight, don't see a way out of it now but stranger things have happened.

VofD

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 11:08:31 PM »

Said it from day one with Sinnott, he can see a player but likes the soft player- he got rid of Lawton straight away. He wasn't a great player but clearly too much of a leader or warrior for his fanny play. No old fashioned grit and there is not one leader on that pitch. How we haven't got a centre mid in is now beyond a joke. Sick of repeating myself. They need rockets up their arses starting with the biggest one up Sinnott. Bunch of fannies. Couldn't hear one player trying to rally the rest up. As I keep saying we don't even get the simple things right. Is there any point of us taking our own set pieces????? We don't do f*ck all with them. What do we do in training? . Next season we need to find fit, taller players with some f*cling heart. Saw this coming months ago.

Need to be very accurate to catch him in Hull.  >:(

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 11:12:41 PM »

Can't disagree with any of this. We are now in a place when we need some characters to roll up their sleeves and battle, make it hard for the opposition. Unfortunately we don't have a Lawton, Band, Hussin, Owen, Connors type of player at the club. The team has absolutely no characters / leaders and its always been the same under Sinnott.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 11:28:29 PM »

I am gonna be controversial now and say whilst I agree with sleeves rolled up get stuck in mentality of those players - it is what gets you out of Conf N - we had those guys in Conf National and still ended up in the bottom four

In the words of Kenny the legend " I think we need some better players"
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 10:35:16 AM »

Ginnelly looked utterly deflated at the end

I thought he looked deflated at the start - to the point where I wondered if he is staying ?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team