News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead: Match Thread

Author Topic: Gateshead: Match Thread  (Read 4588 times)

andrewflynn

« on: March 07, 2016, 04:58:15 PM »

It's looking more and more like Welling and Kidderminster will be two of the relegated four this season. Torquay, Boreham Wood, Halifax and Guiseley are now our main rivals. They've all gained more points than us over the last six games. Turning these draws into wins needs to start tomorrow night as all four of those teams could easily drop points in their respective games.

Gateshead occupy a space inside the top ten of the league despite having a negative goal difference. Their 52 goals conceded this season is just three less than our total. We haven't beaten them since September 2009.

Hopefully their 120 minutes against Halifax followed by a trip to Tranmere has produced some tired legs. If we defend like we have been doing and just turn it up a notch going forward we can take this.

Altrincham 1-0 Gateshead (Moult 28') ATT 907

andrewflynn

Re: Gateshead: Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 05:04:11 PM »

It is worth noting, though, that they've won at Torquay,  Boreham Wood, Kidderminster and Guiseley this season. As well as two draws at Halifax. Very strong away record at lower sides.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 05:12:25 PM »

This on paper looks a tough match, lets hope we are up for it and Lee picks a winning line up. We certainly need a win or too now.

Come on you Robins.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 09:45:19 AM »

Tonight's games

Barrow v Boreham Wood
Bromley v FC Halifax Town
Chester FC v Aldershot Town
Dover Athletic v Welling United
Eastleigh v Woking
Grimsby Town v Southport
Guiseley v Tranmere Rovers
Torquay United v Braintree Town

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 08:41:12 PM »

Garbage so far. Relegation fodder.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 08:49:29 PM »

Harsh

Lots of effort and energy with the formation / playing staff - no end product and one very bad defensive mistake

Fodder ? Not yet - but need some creativity soon / good luck or you will be correct
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

brian1925

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 09:32:48 PM »

Too soon to say we are definitely doomed, but I find it difficult seeing us winning again. To be honest, I didn't even expect us to score tonight.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 09:42:02 PM »

Harsh

Lots of effort and energy with the formation / playing staff - no end product and one very bad defensive mistake

Fodder ? Not yet - but need some creativity soon / good luck or you will be correct
we have won once since November. . It's now March. . I don't think it's harsh
ParkINson's red and white army

eightiesrobin

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 09:44:39 PM »

Couldn't go, probably a good thing. It's hard to see where a win might come from now.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 11:09:12 PM »

Harsh

My comment about it being harsh Wayne was on the "garbage" comment at HT - we were not good - but we were not that bad either and were trailing one nil due to a poor defensive error

Whether or not we are relegation fodder or not will be determined in the next few games and yes our win record is dismal compared to the teams around us down at the bottom

But I reiterate my harsh comment was based on the HT assessment - not our record over recent months
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 07:22:42 AM »

Harsh

My comment about it being harsh Wayne was on the "garbage" comment at HT - we were not good - but we were not that bad either and were trailing one nil due to a poor defensive error

Whether or not we are relegation fodder or not will be determined in the next few games and yes our win record is dismal compared to the teams around us down at the bottom

But I reiterate my harsh comment was based on the HT assessment - not our record over recent months
fair enough mick .. I am like most people very frustrated :)
ParkINson's red and white army

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 09:32:51 AM »

Cheers Wayne
The forum is about opinions and discussion between people who all have the same desire where AFC is concerned

andrewflynn

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 09:35:25 AM »

Harsh

We didn't have a shot on target in the first half. It was garbage.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2016, 10:37:58 AM »

We didn't have a shot on target in the first half.

That seems to happen all too often. Same on Saturday v Macc I think?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team