PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Remaining fixtures
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

Author Topic: Remaining fixtures  (Read 58963 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Remaining fixtures
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2016, 08:01:40 PM »

Unless Aldershot get something out of their next two games (Forest Green away, Braintree home) they should be added to this thread.  They're only 9 points above the trapdoor, and in the remaining matches they have to play more of the teams fighting for survival. They looked a very poor side to me.

They did look poor but are on 46 points already , a win and a draw sees them up to 50 which should do it?

Reading their forum it doesn't seem like their fans can't imagine them getting anything for the end of the season.

Good Lord....they even make me look sanguine:

http://www.shotsweb.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40293

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jimmy

« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2016, 08:15:03 PM »

If I was a fan of them I would've left after Gino's goal to the pub

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2016, 09:23:47 PM »

If I was a fan of them I would've left after Gino's goal to the pub

Given they lost 2-8 in their previous away game v Chester I'd have been off like a, er, well, shot.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2016, 09:07:37 AM »

Friday games of note

Cheltenham v Borehamwood
Eastleigh v Welling

Saturday games of note

Chester v Barrow
Dover v Torquay
Southport v Guiseley
Working v Kidderminster

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2016, 10:18:57 AM »

[/quote]

Given they lost 2-8 in their previous away game v Chester I'd have been off like a, er, well, shot.
[/quote]

Travelling 200 miles to watch a team like that (bear in mind the 8-2 was against 16th placed Chester - not by any stretch of the imagination one of the top guns in the league) you gotta admire those travelling fans for their dedication. Although based on the video of Josh's goal, it may be that a proportion of those fans travel just to scream abuse at their team - if thats your thing then travelling with the 'shots is probably quite enjoyable these days :)

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2016, 11:08:02 AM »

Travelling 200 miles to watch a team like that (bear in mind the 8-2 was against 16th placed Chester - not by any stretch of the imagination one of the top guns in the league) you gotta admire those travelling fans for their dedication. Although based on the video of Josh's goal, it may be that a proportion of those fans travel just to scream abuse at their team - if thats your thing then travelling with the 'shots is probably quite enjoyable these days :)
Well, admire them apart from the 4 or 5 'fans' who tried to pick a fight with a bunch of kids on Moss Lane opposite the [Brown Dunne and Grey] family stand after the game. One of them was so hard that he threw a half-eaten pie at said kids.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

taxi Phil

« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2016, 11:50:16 AM »

Well, admire them apart from the 4 or 5 'fans' who tried to pick a fight with a bunch of kids on Moss Lane opposite the [Brown Dunne and Grey] family stand after the game. One of them was so hard that he threw a half-eaten pie at said kids.
Probably just trying to make the point that rich Southerners can afford to buy a pie and only eat half.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2016, 12:34:56 PM »

Not as rich as you think.

At that point in the proceedings he probably only paid a pound for it.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2016, 02:51:43 PM »

[/quote]
[/quote]

Pobably the 4 or 5 baseball cap wearing fans that were giving the Aldershot fans all types of hand gestures the whole of the second half bravely behind
the segregation gates,
@AltyDaz

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2016, 03:48:45 PM »

[/quote]

Pobably the 4 or 5 baseball cap wearing fans that were giving the Aldershot fans all types of hand gestures the whole of the second half bravely behind
the segregation gates,
[/quote]

Yep, then also lined up together across the road outside the away end to get a reaction from the Aldershot supporters. They all went very quiet once actually confronted.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2016, 09:42:02 PM »

Some Shots fans travelled up on the same train as us and were amongst about a dozen who were arguing with some of our local idiots who were also throwing stones across the railway line at Altrincham station on the way back. For this reason we usually board the train at Hale. However for the second time in a few weeks the Police were called to Altrincham Railway Station after an Alty match. This gang of Shots fans got very drunk on the train on the way back. One was already so drunk he couldn't operate the toilet door from the inside and I had to kick it open for him (no damage done). Then the train didn't connect at Stockport. As the train got closer to Euston, the louder and drunker they got and annoyed the Police at Euston. Myself and my kids sat in a set of 4 seats with a Shots fan travelling alone who was in his 30's, very pleasant but only claimed to "know of" these lads. It was only as we approached Euston I asked this Shots fan what he did for a living and he replied "Policeman"!!!! He said he thought the lads knew what he did, but he doesn't go to matches to babysit them!

So you can see the fun we have travelling from the South!!!!!!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2016, 10:41:36 PM »

I bet its fun being a policeman in a town full of squaddies.

I've only been once. Seemed like an OK place with an amazing number of Gurkha curry houses

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2016, 11:24:17 PM »

Some Shots fans travelled up on the same train as us and were amongst about a dozen who were arguing with some of our local idiots who were also throwing stones across the railway line at Altrincham station on the way back. For this reason we usually board the train at Hale. However for the second time in a few weeks the Police were called to Altrincham Railway Station after an Alty match. This gang of Shots fans got very drunk on the train on the way back. One was already so drunk he couldn't operate the toilet door from the inside and I had to kick it open for him (no damage done). Then the train didn't connect at Stockport. As the train got closer to Euston, the louder and drunker they got and annoyed the Police at Euston. Myself and my kids sat in a set of 4 seats with a Shots fan travelling alone who was in his 30's, very pleasant but only claimed to "know of" these lads. It was only as we approached Euston I asked this Shots fan what he did for a living and he replied "Policeman"!!!! He said he thought the lads knew what he did, but he doesn't go to matches to babysit them!

So you can see the fun we have travelling from the South!!!!!!

Not happy when you say we have some idiots Robert.
Got to get that sorted😔

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2016, 11:28:30 PM »

the segregation gates,
[/quote]

Yes, they need some of us to have a word...............they are only young lads after all and I bet I was no different when that age (chased through Woolworths by 30-40 Leeds fans in the late 70s - we never thought they would follow us and it made the papers) but they don't seem to know when to give it a rest and are unable to suss out who laughs it off and who will hang around on Moss Lane...........they will also be the first to leg it when the lads from Grimsby get over the fence  >:(
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2016, 11:29:09 PM »

Every club has a few kids trying to wind the away fans up, it's part of the day out. It's a fairly standard feature of a trip to Woking for example. You just have to rise above it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Remaining fixtures