PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Remaining fixtures
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

Author Topic: Remaining fixtures  (Read 58939 times)

Jimmy

Re: Remaining fixtures
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2016, 07:47:25 PM »

They probably are good enough Ian,but the club don't want it enough

eightiesrobin

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2016, 08:16:06 PM »

To stay up Alty need to win 5 out of the last 10 games. On paper we could win 7 but on present form we could lose them all. The players are good enough to compete in this division but they need more belief in themselves and start showing they deserve to be in this league next season.

Expecting between 5 and 7 wins out of 10 from the same team that has won 8 from 36 this season (and 11 from its last 50), is surely something of a stretch. 

Bath Alty

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2016, 08:55:59 PM »

we won't need that many.

We need 2 more points from 10 games than B Wood get from 9 - I reckon we'll need no more than 12

We need 1 more from 10 than halifax get from 11, or the same number as Torquay get from 11 whichever is lower - 14 might do us

4 wins and a couple of draws, 4 defeats will be plenty as long as two of those wins are against Torquay and Halifax - fail to get three points in those games and we're stuffed

taxi Phil

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2016, 09:36:55 PM »

I agree with the last two words of the above post.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2016, 10:14:16 PM »

To stay up Alty need to win 5 out of the last 10 games. On paper we could win 7 but on present form we could lose them all. The players are good enough to compete in this division but they need more belief in themselves and start showing they deserve to be in this league next season.

Expecting between 5 and 7 wins out of 10 from the same team that has won 8 from 36 this season (and 11 from its last 50), is surely something of a stretch. 
11 wins in 50 brings a tear to the eye
ParkINson's red and white army

VofD

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2016, 10:17:32 PM »

To both my eyes. >:( >:(

GB Alty

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2016, 11:35:11 PM »

'This is an opportunity for him to carry on Lee's wonderful work. He's going to be missed at Altrincham'"
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 11:39:34 PM by Yangon Alty »

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2016, 12:06:54 AM »

'This is an opportunity for him to carry on Lee's wonderful work. He's going to be missed at Altrincham'"

Yes, I'd say consecutive seasons of progress on the pitch counts as "wonderful work". He won us promotion and comfortably kept us in the conference national last season. I know winding people up on here is your calling in life, but I genuinely don't get the animosity you and some others on here have towards Lee Sinnott throughout his tenure? Very strange.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2016, 12:19:57 AM »

Yes, I'd say consecutive seasons of progress on the pitch counts as "wonderful work". He won us promotion and comfortably kept us in the conference national last season. I know winding people up on here is your calling in life, but I genuinely don't get the animosity you and some others on here have towards Lee Sinnott throughout his tenure? Very strange.

Thank you, for some common sense😀
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 01:16:03 AM by B. 4D »

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2016, 12:33:42 AM »

I think the phrase here is, "be careful what you wish for". Those that derided Lee Sinnott, unfairly imo, may long for his return in 2 or 12 months time.

GB Alty

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2016, 12:59:12 AM »

What about one win since the middle of November, is that wonderful work as well?

At least LS knew it wasn't good enough and for that he has my respect

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2016, 10:26:47 PM »

Updated with tonight's results, Saturday's key fixtures

Borehamwood v Macclesfield
Guiseley v Dover
Lincoln v Kidderminster
Torquay v Southport
Welling v Gateshead

Halifax v Nantwich (4-2 trophy)

brian1925

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2016, 10:42:38 PM »

There is not a cat in hells chance that 12 more points will keep us up, not a cat in hells chance. 15 may just do it - that's either 4 (probably home) wins and a few streaky draws, or 5 wins, starting with Saturday of course...if anyone cares.

taxi Phil

« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2016, 10:49:47 PM »

There is not a cat in hells chance that 12 more points will keep us up, not a cat in hells chance. 15 may just do it - that's either 4 (probably home) wins and a few streaky draws, or 5 wins, starting with Saturday of course...if anyone cares.
We all CARE....but our faith is in tatters.

brian1925

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2016, 12:01:51 AM »

I meant the club Romeo. I think it's obvious from all the posts in the last few weeks, that despite our differences, we as fans really care for this great club. Much of what has been said on here has been born from frustration, but we certainly all care.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Remaining fixtures