PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Finances
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Finances  (Read 11218 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Finances
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2016, 10:27:43 PM »

We need to get more school kids in for free as well they are the future

Get into schools and give tickets out like we used too

They will buy drinks and chips as well so it's self funding really

We need all the support we can muster to stay up
ParkINson's red and white army

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2016, 10:32:08 PM »

I agree, little point in charging £2 for under 12s, make it free. We seem to go through the same thing of generating ideas and offering assistance etc every couple of years but nothing happens.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2016, 10:33:23 PM »

We need to get more school kids in for free as well they are the future

Get into schools and give tickets out like we used too

I know some were given out for the Lincoln game at schools, and we gave some out at Saturday Soccer Club for the Altrincham Juniors U6/U7/U8.

bumble

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2016, 09:05:20 AM »

I suggested this a while back but it fell on death ears. Basically companies in the local area pay to be part of a scheme, and offer incentives to Alty FC card holders, these cards could be bought by alty fans or be given to TASC holders

http://www.lewesfc.com/support-and-save/

Another thought is no other charity would ask for generic volunteers - they'd ask or specific types of volunteers. So we should either recruit people via a skills pledge, or Graham and the board should sit down and decide where the gaps are. Most fans aren't going to want to steward or shake buckets - but they might be willing to cold call companies, or work on school links because thats what they do day to day.

Thirdly, we have several Grammar schools, several colleges within a walk or met ride. Students need stuff on their UCAS. Give them a proper job title, and utilise the skills they are learning. You could even run a dragons den style event with their business and marketing students.

Point 4, How do we approach sponsorship opportunities : FCUM produced this - they paid for materials, C21 - an ALTRINCHAM design agency - designed it

Point 5, Do we also have an incentive scheme to bring in new people? Where I work, I earn £1000 for introduce new clients, and £1000 for new employee recommendations, could we offer an incentive scheme to get fans to actively go out and search for new sponsor boards or bigger investors

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2016, 01:58:11 PM »

I sort of ignore most of what fcum come up with as, good or bad, they have an amazing (counterfeit) brand that we don't have (or want or need) but fair play to them for being pro active.

I do like the commission idea. I think people would be able to sell advertising space on calendars, in programmes, boards etc to their bosses, place of work much better with that incentive and their work probably looking on the pestering more favourably.

I can't tell you how desperately 15-18 year olds need good volunteering bits on their cvs and application forms. The problem is, saying you swept the terraces after a game isn't really great for them.

If they could get a package where they do six games and a different thing each game, I don't know, assisting Richie/Dawn with catering, office work, terrace sweeping, golden goal selling, something assisting the CSH, Alty TV work etc and then a reference from the chairman explains they completed Alty Volunteer Course 1/2/3 or some think it could be more favourable.

As I said elsewhere, I expect the volunteers plea was more just for volunteers in general as it wasn't specified how it linked to the finances.

bumble

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2016, 02:23:09 PM »

I sort of ignore most of what fcum come up with as, good or bad, they have an amazing (counterfeit) brand that we don't have (or want or need) but fair play to them for being pro active.

I do like the commission idea. I think people would be able to sell advertising space on calendars, in programmes, boards etc to their bosses, place of work much better with that incentive and their work probably looking on the pestering more favourably.

I can't tell you how desperately 15-18 year olds need good volunteering bits on their cvs and application forms. The problem is, saying you swept the terraces after a game isn't really great for them.

If they could get a package where they do six games and a different thing each game, I don't know, assisting Richie/Dawn with catering, office work, terrace sweeping, golden goal selling, something assisting the CSH, Alty TV work etc and then a reference from the chairman explains they completed Alty Volunteer Course 1/2/3 or some think it could be more favourable.

As I said elsewhere, I expect the volunteers plea was more just for volunteers in general as it wasn't specified how it linked to the finances.

Give them a skill they can put on to UCAS - 'communication' etc. associated with each task and it all suddenly becomes relevant.

The other alternative is to launch a brief with a university course such as event management and then they can reference 'working with a live-client' in their CV/Portfolio. Event Management, Business Studies etc all would benefit. Think of it like the apprentice on bbc 1

Community Proj

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2016, 02:45:37 PM »

With regard to distribution of free tickets for school age children. For each Saturday game the club distributes hundreds of children's free tickets together with reduced price ticket for accompanied adults. These go to the attendees of mini kickers, Saturday Morning Club, and schools. I think the figure for the Lincoln game was around 350 of each.

The weekly take up of these can be low however we know that many supporters have ben introduced via this scheme since it was started several years ago.

If anyone would like to distribute tickets to a particular school or club then by all means ring the club, and we will arrange for tickets to be available for you to collect.

Incidentally, many good ideas are mentioned on the forum but if they are not taken up it will usually be that either they have not been seen, or that none of the existing volunteers at the Club have the capacity to take them on. I'm sure that if someone comes along with an idea that they are prepared to explain and to run with they would be very gratefully received.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2016, 03:10:32 PM »

With regard to distribution of free tickets for school age children. For each Saturday game the club distributes hundreds of children's free tickets together with reduced price ticket for accompanied adults. These go to the attendees of mini kickers, Saturday Morning Club, and schools. I think the figure for the Lincoln game was around 350 of each.

The weekly take up of these can be low however we know that many supporters have ben introduced via this scheme since it was started several years ago.

If anyone would like to distribute tickets to a particular school or club then by all means ring the club, and we will arrange for tickets to be available for you to collect.

Incidentally, many good ideas are mentioned on the forum but if they are not taken up it will usually be that either they have not been seen, or that none of the existing volunteers at the Club have the capacity to take them on. I'm sure that if someone comes along with an idea that they are prepared to explain and to run with they would be very gratefully received.

Without wanting to suggest that the solution to our problems are more volunteers, perhaps what we need is someone willing to volunteer to be a volunteer coordinator?

Their role would involve them being a conduit between the fans and the club. From the club side they could help get word out about what exactly the club need in terms of volunteers, and from the fan side, they could be responsible for assessing the viability of the ideas put forward by the fanbase (such as the one's mentioned in this thread).

I get the impression that there are plenty of people that would like to help, or have ideas that would help further the clubs interests but there is no obvious place for this enthusiasm to go and as such it gets lost in the ether. If there was an obvious person (or people) to go to then this might help.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

bumble

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2016, 07:07:45 PM »

Without wanting to suggest that the solution to our problems are more volunteers, perhaps what we need is someone willing to volunteer to be a volunteer coordinator?

Their role would involve them being a conduit between the fans and the club. From the club side they could help get word out about what exactly the club need in terms of volunteers, and from the fan side, they could be responsible for assessing the viability of the ideas put forward by the fanbase (such as the one's mentioned in this thread).

I get the impression that there are plenty of people that would like to help, or have ideas that would help further the clubs interests but there is no obvious place for this enthusiasm to go and as such it gets lost in the ether. If there was an obvious person (or people) to go to then this might help.

I agree. The forum seems the obviously place to put them but a dedicated person seems a good idea.

It feels like to get an idea in motion seems to have to go through a lot before it gets executed.

bighairedmike

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2016, 09:44:36 PM »

Surely the coupon in the messenger idea doesn't need someone to coordinate it? Just a phone all to the messenger going "do you remember 5 years ago..."

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2016, 07:38:45 AM »

I went on the official site this morning and the appeal for volunteers (which is ongoing and very important) is now off the page as it has dropped down the list.

Instead we have several paragraphs relating to news stories at other clubs.

I think the official website is excellent in places and a hell of a lot of very good. hard work goes into it. Surely though we are missing a trick if we cant give prominence to our own club and needs on the main page?

My own view is that the news page should be 100% Alty. How about the non alty news on a separate page?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 08:21:41 AM by Bob »

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2016, 08:37:29 AM »

For exiled supporters who maybe only get to a few home games like me, how possible would it be to have like a 6 game ticket purchased at the start of the season for use at any 6 home league games throughout the season?

It may offer up more funds up front at the start of the season rather than just £15 at 5 or 6 home games spread throughout the season.

I find It is difficult for exiled supporters to support the club financially and often go to many more away games than home matches, so this would be a good way of at least supporting the club each season and potentially encourage exiled supporters to go more often.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2016, 08:56:09 AM »

If everyone of our 800/900 hardcore was a member of the Yankee lottery the club would pull in far more money on a weekly basis. Dunno how many exiles are members of the Yankee lottery, but it's ideal way to contribute to the club from afar. I pay by direct debit, £4.33 comes out of my bank on the 1st of the month and you don't even notice it. I don't even know what my numbers are. It may be a
Very old, tired and longstanding fundraiser but some football and rugby clubs have a fabulous income from it. You are informed if you win so don't even have to check it. 

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2016, 10:39:39 AM »

I've joined the new buster.....another relatively cheap option. Mind you, getting United allocated to me wasn't a good start 😕

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2016, 11:04:53 PM »

The Chairman has announced a list of volunteering opportunities on the main website.

Altrincham FC Chairman, Grahame Rowley writes that "Following on from my plea for additional volunteers to help out around the Football Club, I have drawn up a list of jobs which people could potentially assist with. They are:-

Matchday Stewards
Matchday Gate Persons
People to divot pitch at half time and full time on the pitch - forks provided.
Litter pickers to clear the ground following games
Bar staff
Catering assistants
Fund raiser co-ordinators to take on a fundraising project either via the internet or in person at games. This could be arranging a social event to just running a competition like "Pontoon" or "Goal Rush"
Person to put up posters around the ground advertising next fixture.
Advertising / sponsorship - anyone who can cold-call local companies to generate further opportunities to sponsor/ advertise at the club. Commission available on success.
Raffle ticket sellers - on matchdays
Please contact Karen or Grahame Rowley at the Football Club on (0161) 928-1045 or via e-mail".

Whilst I find it a welcome move, I can't see how we can ask for volunteer bar and catering staff to work alongside paid staff when we have just recruited.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Finances