News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lincoln Referee

Author Topic: Lincoln Referee  (Read 4371 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Lincoln Referee
« on: February 14, 2016, 12:12:37 AM »

Just to say that I thought Mr Wigglesworth was very poor today.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Lincoln Referee
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 12:24:41 AM »

Yet another full time club that bullied the ref.
Said it before,
when a opposition player goes down, the screem, you would think they had multiple fractures!!!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 07:58:10 AM »

did you think they were both pens Phil?  Also is this because you felt he should have given them more cautions ? Ginnelly was targeted second half you could tell what the half time brief was very blatant
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 09:49:05 AM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 08:21:17 AM »

I'm sure he used to be one of the better refs at North level. He was clearly bullied today with even Lincoln players giving him a mouthful when they went off. The bookings seemed odd as well

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 09:53:33 AM »

I have only seen this idiot have one good game , he is one of the most incompetent refs I have ever seen , that's the third game we have had him this season , hope it the last to , I think the standard of Reffing is pretty bad overall .

eightiesrobin

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 06:28:12 PM »

The ref blew for half-time just as a Lincoln player was about to take a throw-in. Said player threw the ball down and walked off, gesticulating to the ref as if to say "I'm not picking that up". The ref let him walk off and left the ball there until the start of the second half.

I don't know whether there are rules about handing the ball to the ref (like you throw the ball to the umpire at cricket during breaks in play), but it struck me as a bit weak to leave it at that.

This, along with his rescinded penalty in the Chester game, then the kerfuffle after playing advantage in the second half yesterday, rather suggests he doesn't have much self-confidence.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 06:29:46 PM by eightiesrobin »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 10:55:10 PM »

did you think they were both pens Phil?  Also is this because you felt he should have given them more cautions ? Ginnelly was targeted second half you could tell what the half time brief was very blatant

In the best traditions of Refereeing I didn't actually see the first one so wouldn't like to comment although Jake, who was penalised for it has sort of said it was (as per official site)

The second one, which surprisingly I did see was, IMHO not a penalty as the "handball" wasn't intentional.

On a more general note re Mr Wigglesworth, he did indeed used to be one of the better Referees but, as identified by another correspondent he does seem very very low on confidence at present which is a shame .

bumble

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 08:53:36 AM »

The ref blew for half-time just as a Lincoln player was about to take a throw-in. Said player threw the ball down and walked off, gesticulating to the ref as if to say "I'm not picking that up". The ref let him walk off and left the ball there until the start of the second half.

I don't know whether there are rules about handing the ball to the ref (like you throw the ball to the umpire at cricket during breaks in play), but it struck me as a bit weak to leave it at that.

This, along with his rescinded penalty in the Chester game, then the kerfuffle after playing advantage in the second half yesterday, rather suggests he doesn't have much self-confidence.

In fairness that Chester penalty was after a mic discussion with his lino and was the right choice.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 02:23:26 PM »

Would've been one of the worst penalty decisions in history if he'd let it stand!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lincoln Referee