PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A bad night
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: A bad night  (Read 19625 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: A bad night
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2016, 09:25:00 PM »

I think Figgy has it right, the so called family stand should be an away fans seating area, how often is the main stand full and as far as kids are concerned it is hardly an effing and jeffing area. Food and toilets might need adjusting but surely that is the easiest quick fix.

i also agree would they enter at chequers turnstile though ?

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2016, 09:53:27 PM »

I think Figgy has it right, the so called family stand should be an away fans seating area, how often is the main stand full and as far as kids are concerned it is hardly an effing and jeffing area. Food and toilets might need adjusting but surely that is the easiest quick fix.

i also agree would they enter at chequers turnstile though ?

I agree in theory with the family stand being given over to away fans only. Every away fan comes through the chequers turnstiles, they pay a supplement to transfer to the seats.

In practice, my biggest concern is that the sponsors lounge, which is an excellent facility and a good revenue earner, becomes at best underused and at worst made redundant. Very few clubs at this level can offer a glass fronted lounge and dining area with good seats right in front of it. Shuttling sponsors between the lounge, the directors box (which i doubt has enough seats) and another bar or part of the CSH just isnt as good an experience.

I'm not saying this to pick holes, it is a very difficult issue to solve, but the impact on our commercial income and appeal to sponsors needs to be factored in.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2016, 07:51:16 AM »

We all make mistakes at work and in our lives, so it is not fair to keep having a pop at those that run and help the club.

I do appreciate what you're saying, but it should work both ways. The way our fans have been treated over the segregation/Popular Side issue is very, very poor.

I fail to see why we pamper to away fans. The answer is simple AWAY FANS GO IN AWAY END. There should be no argument or compromise. I also think we should charge away fans what they charge us at their grounds. I know 2 wrongs do not make a right but we have been treated very shabbily by some of these clubs such as Barnet, Aldershot, Chester, Scouseport, FGR that some of our fans wont go to some of these to cheer on the Robins. We have enough issues to worry about at Alty than about Scousers getting wet.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2016, 08:18:21 AM »

We all make mistakes at work and in our lives, so it is not fair to keep having a pop at those that run and help the club.

I do appreciate what you're saying, but it should work both ways. The way our fans have been treated over the segregation/Popular Side issue is very, very poor.

I fail to see why we pamper to away fans. The answer is simple AWAY FANS GO IN AWAY END. There should be no argument or compromise. I also think we should charge away fans what they charge us at their grounds. I know 2 wrongs do not make a right but we have been treated very shabbily by some of these clubs such as Barnet, Aldershot, Chester, Scouseport, FGR that some of our fans wont go to some of these to cheer on the Robins. We have enough issues to worry about at Alty than about Scousers getting wet.

We are not allowed to charge more to away fans. Even if we did, then you run the risk of away fans trying to get in the home sections for less. It would also cause more headaches with the seated areas.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2016, 08:18:49 AM »

We are not allowed to charge more to away fans. Even if we did, then you run the risk of away fans trying to get in the home sections for less. It would also cause more headaches with the seated areas.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A bad night