PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 When did we become so horrible?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: When did we become so horrible?  (Read 24750 times)

VofD

Re: When did we become so horrible?
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2015, 10:57:56 PM »

No vofd I was not, the question is were you as you seem to have avoided my question.

As they say in the justice system,No Comment ;D ;D ;D ;D

VofD

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2015, 11:02:15 PM »

I was stood near the community hall when the substitution happened and all I heard was a big cheer for the returning, and very important captain. If there was anything negative said about Jordan, it must have simply been a throw away comment by an individual, which so long as it wasn't abusive, they have the perfect right to make as paying customers.

Exactly. Well said brian 1925.

taxi Phil

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2015, 11:06:11 PM »

If it's a choice betweer Sinnott and O'Keefe,  I'd rather have Sinnott.
I'd rather have Sean Williams......and I'd give Rhain Davies a shot before I'd play O'Keefe again.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2015, 11:09:42 PM »

I'm not really sure about being a "paying customer" giving you the right to act like a slapped arse whenever you want.

Surely the point is that we're not simply customers, we're also supporters. The difference between the two is pretty obvious (it's in the name).

Now, of course there might be times when even supporters reach the end of their tether; Lewes away for instance.

But actively celebrating a player coming off in a game we are winning is a bit of a knobish thing to do really. However, it's not that surprising given that some of our fans are knobs.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2015, 11:14:30 PM »

I am very fortunate in that I get to meet and talk about football with lots of people both during the week and also on a Saturday.

These people include scouts from Clubs significantly higher (and lower) in the food chain than we are.

People love a good tackle, the sort we at Alty have seen over the years from the likes of Kingy, Graham Barrow, Eddie Bishop, Carmo and Eddie Hussin. Tackles get people of their seats and energise them - I suppose it's a bit like watching Gladiators must have been like in Roman times.

Anyhow I digress a bit.

Several of the scouts I have spoken with have quickly and I believe correctly identified that Mr Sinnott Jr has played a lot of academy football and not very much first team football, particularly not at our level. I wasn't entirely aware of this at the time but having now watched some academy football I can see what they mean.

People don't tackle in academy football. they press, they try to intercept but very rarely do they actually commit to a tackle. Consequently they have time on the ball because nobody tackles them either.

Young Mr Sinnott is still acclimatising to the change. Give him time to do so and the quality he must possess to have been playing at the level he did will show. He does actually have a very good passing range were anyone to give him a chance and look at him as a player and not the Manager's son!!

Oh and as for the hackneyed claim that he only plays because he's the Manager's Son that really is too lazy and pathetic a theory to warrant anything other than absolute contempt.

andrewflynn

« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2015, 11:45:43 PM »

I said all I needed to say about Jordan Sinnott on a thread a few weeks back:

...he has quite clearly been a factor in us being sat four points clear after a hellacious start to the season (after we face Braintree on Saturday, we've played nine of the league's current top ten teams.) We are where we are because as a collective team we have performed to a certain standard. Some fans have a naïve and quite frankly weird habit of always wanting to isolate players, criticising them separately from the progress that the team are making...

My opinion hasn't changed and I will continue to support Jordan every time he pulls on the red and white stripes.

I'd like to think that up and down the country, every club has that little assembly of weird fans that just moan constantly about trivial things. However to be brutally honest I think we probably get laughed at by other fans in this league, and why wouldn't they if they came on here and read some of the threads? Its utterly bizarre some of the stuff you read on here sometimes.

If the manager's son was mint there would no doubt be something else, another reason to contribute nothing but negativity while others try to support the club. As the OP says, we've made steady progress each season. We've done it playing some good football and we won the play-offs in the most un-Alty way imaginable. We're six points clear after playing just four of our opening fourteen games against (current) bottom half sides. Bloody cheer up.

On to more urgent matters...

Still no songs shocking

D - I - S - C - O. Looking forward to tomorrow, lets pack the Golf Road.

Hamilton

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2015, 11:53:11 PM »

I am very fortunate in that I get to meet and talk about football with lots of people both during the week and also on a Saturday.

These people include scouts from Clubs significantly higher (and lower) in the food chain than we are.

People love a good tackle, the sort we at Alty have seen over the years from the likes of Kingy, Graham Barrow, Eddie Bishop, Carmo and Eddie Hussin. Tackles get people of their seats and energise them - I suppose it's a bit like watching Gladiators must have been like in Roman times.

Anyhow I digress a bit.

Several of the scouts I have spoken with have quickly and I believe correctly identified that Mr Sinnott Jr has played a lot of academy football and not very much first team football, particularly not at our level. I wasn't entirely aware of this at the time but having now watched some academy football I can see what they mean.

People don't tackle in academy football. they press, they try to intercept but very rarely do they actually commit to a tackle. Consequently they have time on the ball because nobody tackles them either.

Young Mr Sinnott is still acclimatising to the change. Give him time to do so and the quality he must possess to have been playing at the level he did will show. He does actually have a very good passing range were anyone to give him a chance and look at him as a player and not the Manager's son!!

Oh and as for the hackneyed claim that he only plays because he's the Manager's Son that really is too lazy and pathetic a theory to warrant anything other than absolute contempt.

:)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2015, 01:08:38 AM »

He does actually have a very good passing range were anyone to give him a chance and look at him as a player and not the Manager's son!!

Phil,

In a strange way though, I suspect that what happened to Lee Sinnott on Saturday was that he himself reacted primarily a father and not as a manager.

Understandable....but also unusual for him, as in his public pronouncements regarding the team and/or his son, he habitually makes a point of keeping the professional and the personal aspects quite separate.

One thing that genuinely perplexes me is why anyone would ever want to work for their father or even play in a football team that their father manages.

It's a classic no-win situation.

Any credit is inevitably at a premium and you automatically leave yourself exposed to accusations of nepotism, even though such claims may be unjust.

Bewildering choice.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 01:11:14 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2015, 09:57:58 AM »

I agree with that Barry (and for the first time in a while with ATS) but I think I posted elsewhere that at least LS knows what he is getting rather than a stab in the dark at O'Keefe, Gillespie etc and surely he can't be a highly paid player.

He did have a few games in league one last season too so it's not like he's been playing for the dog and duck (although I think in time his level will be lower than where we are now).

Anyway, we will see.

I certainly despair of the academy system. Aside from being biased about Duncan he was u21 league player of the year but is not deemed worthy of a regular start. If that's the case what are the rest of the u21 players doing?

andrewflynn

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2016, 09:14:15 PM »

I said all I needed to say about Jordan Sinnott on a thread a few weeks back:

...he has quite clearly been a factor in us being sat four points clear after a hellacious start to the season (after we face Braintree on Saturday, we've played nine of the league's current top ten teams.) We are where we are because as a collective team we have performed to a certain standard. Some fans have a naïve and quite frankly weird habit of always wanting to isolate players, criticising them separately from the progress that the team are making...

My opinion hasn't changed and I will continue to support Jordan every time he pulls on the red and white stripes.

I'd like to think that up and down the country, every club has that little assembly of weird fans that just moan constantly about trivial things. However to be brutally honest I think we probably get laughed at by other fans in this league, and why wouldn't they if they came on here and read some of the threads? Its utterly bizarre some of the stuff you read on here sometimes.

If the manager's son was mint there would no doubt be something else, another reason to contribute nothing but negativity while others try to support the club. As the OP says, we've made steady progress each season. We've done it playing some good football and we won the play-offs in the most un-Alty way imaginable. We're six points clear after playing just four of our opening fourteen games against (current) bottom half sides. Bloody cheer up.

On to more urgent matters...

Still no songs shocking

D - I - S - C - O. Looking forward to tomorrow, lets pack the Golf Road.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2016, 09:32:05 PM »

I thought he took his goal magnificently today
ParkINson's red and white army

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2016, 11:28:50 AM »

Struck it brilliantly.............they go in the net or end up in the King George car park

Is 'not playing when your Dad's watching',  having an impact ?...........my lad always seemed to play better when I wasn't there........or so everyone told me  ;D
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2016, 07:43:45 PM »

Struck it brilliantly.............they go in the net or end up in the King George car park

Is 'not playing when your Dad's watching',  having an impact ?...........my lad always seemed to play better when I wasn't there........or so everyone told me  ;D

I think someone was telling you something. ;)

Jimmy

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2016, 08:15:39 PM »

Fine finish
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 When did we become so horrible?