PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pre match drinking
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Pre match drinking  (Read 28682 times)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Pre match drinking
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2016, 12:14:32 PM »

While we're at it, why do we never have drinks prices disputes behind the bar or advertised in the CH, help people get their change ready as it were.

I would have thought that the bill of fare needs to be displayed by law?
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

bighairedmike

« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2016, 12:17:49 PM »

While we're at it, why do we never have drinks prices disputes behind the bar or advertised in the CH, help people get their change ready as it were.

I would have thought that the bill of fare needs to be displayed by law?

It's on the pillars at the bar. Just not well advertised elsewhere. (Like most pubs.)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2016, 02:06:26 PM »

The only pubs that I frequent that take contactless are Spoons. I agree that is quicker. most however have one card machine that is usually in use and waiting to authorise. Meanwhile the rest of us wait to be served.

You've obviously never used contactless.

The whole point is that there is no authorisation, it takes one second to put your card against the reader and it is done. Zero hold up to anyone and no fannying around with trips back and forth to the till and counting out change. Add to that the idiots that take a week to get their wallet out and start counting out the right money
No I use contactless regularly and agree it is fast and efficient. Only ever seen it in Wetherspoons pubs, no other pubs that I use.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2016, 07:55:24 PM »

The only pubs that I frequent that take contactless are Spoons. I agree that is quicker. most however have one card machine that is usually in use and waiting to authorise. Meanwhile the rest of us wait to be served.

You've obviously never used contactless.

The whole point is that there is no authorisation, it takes one second to put your card against the reader and it is done. Zero hold up to anyone and no fannying around with trips back and forth to the till and counting out change. Add to that the idiots that take a week to get their wallet out and start counting out the right money
No I use contactless regularly and agree it is fast and efficient. Only ever seen it in Wetherspoons pubs, no other pubs that I use.

Ah, well it is in most pubs in the City right along side where there are the most cash points 😀
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pre match drinking