PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crewe Alexandra Under-21s match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Crewe Alexandra Under-21s match thread  (Read 18849 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Crewe Alexandra Under-21s match thread
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2016, 04:30:10 PM »

In next season's Cheshire Senior Cup, we should field our Walking Football team instead, managed by Neil Tolson.

Mind you, John Laidlar might encounter problems when attempting to post match updates whilst simultaneously playing.....

"Altrincham FC recently started a walking football session in the Community Sports Hall and, after just a handful of sessions, optimistically entered themselves into the FA People's Cup competition for thier first taste of compettive football. Given the lack of practice, the absence of several more players from the squad and the fact that they had never played the outdoor version of the game before, expectations were not too high. And so it proved as the team lost all three of its group-stage matches to more experienced teams.

But with this experience behind them, the team is aiming for big improvements during 2016!"
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2016, 08:35:27 PM »

I still fondly recall Alan Marks (front left) flattening a defender playing for Independent Insurance against Bechers about 35 years ago. Said defender's rather fearsome looking missus shouted "Watch that dirty grey-haired old bastard ref !"

Al came off at half time and said to me "I don't mind dirty, grey-haired, or even bastard - but I object to old !"

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2016, 10:42:41 PM »

In next season's Cheshire Senior Cup, we should field our Walking Football team instead, managed by Neil Tolson.

Mind you, John Laidlar might encounter problems when attempting to post match updates whilst simultaneously playing.....

"Altrincham FC recently started a walking football session in the Community Sports Hall and, after just a handful of sessions, optimistically entered themselves into the FA People's Cup competition for thier first taste of compettive football. Given the lack of practice, the absence of several more players from the squad and the fact that they had never played the outdoor version of the game before, expectations were not too high. And so it proved as the team lost all three of its group-stage matches to more experienced teams.

But with this experience behind them, the team is aiming for big improvements during 2016!"

when was training for this?  Is this another closed Pool thing of who you know ?
ParkINson's red and white army

taxi Phil

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2016, 10:54:47 PM »

Advertised on the club site. I fancied a go but can't do 9am on Wednesdays. Get yourself down there if you fancy it.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2016, 11:50:02 PM »

Is there a minimum age to join the team and does the ref check bus passes before kick off (when I did Youth footy several years ago ref checked the lads I D cards to make sure they were not over age) 

Just joking - good luck to the team in the future

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crewe Alexandra Under-21s match thread