PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pre match drinking
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Pre match drinking  (Read 28755 times)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
Re: Pre match drinking
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2016, 10:56:33 AM »

Some fair points Bob
My point was simply that the club would be much better off if we could encourage those that already pay their entrance fee and contribute to the club through the turnstiles, to also have a pint every so often either pre or post match in the CSH.
At the moment the CSH has what you could call a small hardcore of patrons - hence my comment about fishing in a small pond

Fair enough Mick. It would be great if more came in (although i rarely do so i have no room to criticise others).

Cash only doesnt help. A lot of pubs take cards now but if you are in a cash only town centre pub there will be a cash machine near. Where is our nearest? The town centre where the pubs are. More and more people use cards too, and the cash culture is declining. Cash only restricts spending too.

I think the CSH will show its true strengths outside of match days to be honest.

I've stopped taking cards in my taxi. Too many instances of the card being declined when it's time to pay, and a real attitude problem if you ask the punter to pay in advance, even if you set a competitive price.

There are always going to be situations where cash is king.

Totally agree, cash works best in some situations. Less and less people use it though so giving them a card option in the CSH might work. And people can still pay with cash if they want.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2016, 11:13:31 AM »

I really don't see the big drama in paying by debit card. Many places now have the facility for contactless payment when making small purchases, which takes less time than paying by cash. It's not like the 90's when students used to pay for half a pint of lemonade by cheque, times have moved on.
Come on Alty!

arnald

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2016, 11:43:54 AM »

It would be better to rent a cash machine I think the nerest one is tesco to far chip and pin is to slow
With the amount of drinks being bought

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2016, 12:23:33 PM »

It would be better to rent a cash machine I think the nerest one is tesco to far chip and pin is to slow

Doing that would mean having a machine which charged for using it. Banks tend to charge businesses for depositing cash so there is a cost involved whichever way you do it.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2016, 12:36:21 PM »

Nothing under 20 quid should be purchased with a credit card. Nothing boils my piss more than someone ordering a cup of coffee in a pub and paying via a debit card

Grrr
Especially in every Wetherspoons in the UK where Chantelle then takes about ten minutes to make the brew and numb-nuts with the debit card takes for ever to input the PIN only then to decide that their mate would like half a shandy

Anything under £10 = cash : It should be the law >:(
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2016, 01:16:26 PM »

Doing that would mean having a machine which charged for using it. Banks tend to charge businesses for depositing cash so there is a cost involved whichever way you do it.

I think this was looked at a while back. I understand it would push up insurance costs though somewhat in addition to more stringent security etc.

arnald

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2016, 01:24:23 PM »

I suspected that both options would cost the fans or the club it might
Be time to do something tho for the trade seems to be good these days

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2016, 02:00:03 PM »

I pay for everything possible with credit card - that way, when I'm skint, I can see where it all went.  £3.92 at Morrisons this lunchtime.

Numerous times on matchday, I have to go messing about to Tesco or the Esso garage to get cash out.

I thought the club had now got a chip and pin machine?

Foz

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2016, 02:29:50 PM »

I pay for everything possible with credit card - that way, when I'm skint, I can see where it all went.  £3.92 at Morrisons this lunchtime.

Numerous times on matchday, I have to go messing about to Tesco or the Esso garage to get cash out.

I can confirm that the club does have a card machine, and has had one for over two months. You can pay by card for bills that total over £10.

bumble

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2016, 03:40:25 PM »

I can confirm that the club does have a card machine, and has had one for over two months. You can pay by card for bills that total over £10.

Is this well known Foz?

Jimmy

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2016, 03:45:02 PM »

Doesn't seem it

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2016, 03:46:45 PM »

I can confirm they have a card machine.  I was looking to buy a Colchester ticket by phone.  I can therefore also confirm that the "4" key does not work on the card machine as I was unable to prchase a ticket as my CC number has a 4 in it.

bumble

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2016, 03:56:08 PM »

I can confirm they have a card machine.  I was looking to buy a Colchester ticket by phone.  I can therefore also confirm that the "4" key does not work on the card machine as I was unable to prchase a ticket as my CC number has a 4 in it.

Was that one not borrowed just for the day

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2016, 04:13:41 PM »

I can therefore also confirm that the "4" key does not work on the card machine as I was unable to prchase a ticket as my CC number has a 4 in it.

Sorry, could not help laughing at this!   :D :D :D
Come on Alty!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2016, 07:16:15 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32778196

Interesting stats, and pub spending is still overwhelmingly cash.

If we have a card option with a £10 minimum then thats fair enough.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pre match drinking