PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Re: Team for Saturday
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Re: Team for Saturday  (Read 5586 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 05:01:30 PM »

BBC only showing bits of light rain here and there between now and kick off. They were mowing it today so assume it's fine. Dover fly everywhere from mansion these days so they probably won't be leaving until lunchtime..

finnquark

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2016, 05:32:03 PM »

Would definitely predict goals - they signed Marsh and Crawford (ex of Barnet/Borehamwood) in midweek, fans on their forum seem to have wanted a defender in, and there have been 17 goals in their last 5 games.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2016, 08:36:29 PM »

I was disappointed with Crowther on Tuesday.  When he did track back, he gave away free kicks.  However, when Jimmy replaced him, he just gave away possession.  Therefore, I would start Henry on the wing, let him run at their defence for the first half. 

To be fair to Crowther he at least "took one for the team" when he flattened the Woking player he ran quite a fair bit untackled. Shame it then led to their goal!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2016, 09:37:52 PM »

I thought crowther played really well on Tuesday

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2016, 09:56:02 PM »

I hope their management have done as much research as their local rag. Says on their online preview that Dover beat us 2-1 twice last season and that we've never finished above 14th in the Conference in our history. Very sloppy.

roytonmike

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2016, 10:43:44 PM »

I hope their management have done as much research as their local rag. Says on their online preview that Dover beat us 2-1 twice last season and that we've never finished above 14th in the Conference in our history. Very sloppy.
What it actually says on the Dover club website preview is that we haven't finished above 14th in our last 9 seasons in the Conference, which is quite true.
It won't be easy - but I for one approach tomorrow in better heart than before Tuesday. Crowther is a problem - he just doesn't have effective tackling back in his repertoire and with a converted midfielder at right-back (with due respect to Sinnott, who is doing the best he can in that position and is improving) we need someone who does. I'm not sure I'd put Henry in from the start but we may not have a better option - Lawrie certainly wouldn't address that need. I hope the same spirit will be in evidence tomorrow as was there on Tuesday - one can't ask for more than that, really.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team