PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Woking - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Woking - Match Thread  (Read 22144 times)

GB Alty

Re: Woking - Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2016, 12:15:39 AM »

Sounds an excellent display, well done lads.

Don't forget Woking would have gone 4th if they'd won that so clearly no mugs.

826 midweek with a first home game in weeks on a foul night not a bad gate either.
what was foul about the night? I took my coat off walking home, very pleasant

GB Alty

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2016, 12:17:48 AM »

Forget coaching, analysis, figures and stats, some times you can just tell a footballer. One that's got over his 6.5 million price tag and gone on loan to a club like us to enhance his craft rather than sit in the under 21s (cause his agent says it's better) and to celebrate his goal like that. Will be a baller that lad.
he will be a baller? Bit rude that lad

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2016, 12:24:01 AM »

Great result. Well done everyone. How nice to see us attacking in numbers for a change, instead of the big hoof up the park to the lone striker. 4-4-2 every time for me. I still don't like our leading striker being left on the bench, unless he was not 100% of course. Keep this standard of performance up and we will shoot up the league, especially with all these home game to come. :) :)

PS. And only the 2nd time this season we have scored 3 goals. Still undefeated at home in 2016. ;)

Our leading striker this season was playing!?!?!?
He scored the first goal.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 12:30:04 AM by B. 4D »

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2016, 01:49:01 AM »

Difference tonight : a shake up.................some quality / steady performances from the loan players who's energy and effort seemed to rub-off on the rest of the team. Well done to everyone who set foot on the pitch tonight - everyone did their bit to secure a deserved victory.

Holness at CB looked like he had been with us for months - a real solid performance from someone who probably needed directing to the home dressing room before kick-off. The young player from Burnley, Ginnelly did well and fair play to him, really looked like he was enjoying being here rather than being 'sent out to the wilderness' to get experience. Hopefully the arrangement will be beneficial to him and us.
Jon Margretts never gave up and chased every ball and a cool finish for our third goal. Great effort from him and he got MoM (although Rankine was a close contender for me). The lad from Bradford (Henry) only had a cameo, but he almost ran half the length of the pitch to score before he knocked it a bit far and was closed down. ............apologies if my spelling is a bit out on the new players names

I still think we are a little bit late with the reinforcements (although I don't pretend to know the loan rules or club finances) but this should be encouraging to all of those like me whose glass is half empty at the moment
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2016, 01:55:58 AM »

Reference the 'foul weather'................yes it was drizzling and there was a strong breeze at times, but it was also 15 degrees !

That said, a certain Alty player tonight was wearing gloves..........luckily he was not spotted by Figgy Pudding (and playing for Woking) or he really would have got it in the neck
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2016, 08:08:19 AM »

Reference the 'foul weather'................yes it was drizzling and there was a strong breeze at times, but it was also 15 degrees !

That said, a certain Alty player tonight was wearing gloves..........luckily he was not spotted by Figgy Pudding (and playing for Woking) or he really would have got it in the neck

Sorry lads. The news down here suggested all that snow from the US had turned to rain and been dumped on the NW. My wider point was 826 a decent gate midweek for our first home game in ages which I stand by.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2016, 08:45:46 AM »

Great win, the ref missed a hand ball for the pen, by a woking defender, but it did not matter anyway as seconds later he had no choice, but to give us one. Ranks never stopped chasing.The crowd never stopped singing and I got to stand in my old spot just to the right of the goal(my lucky spot) .Ref missed a pen for us in the second half and he did not want to book any player in a yellow shirt.Next game for me Torquay end of Feb.
Harold

Rock

« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2016, 09:30:48 AM »

Great result for you guys, keep it going, I will be one of several Bognor fans following your progress for the rest of the season.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2016, 09:34:02 AM »

Great win, the ref missed a hand ball for the pen, by a woking defender, but it did not matter anyway as seconds later he had no choice, but to give us one. Ranks never stopped chasing.The crowd never stopped singing and I got to stand in my old spot just to the right of the goal(my lucky spot) .Ref missed a pen for us in the second half and he did not want to book any player in a yellow shirt.Next game for me Torquay end of Feb.

Glad you enjoyed the game and the result H.
Have a safe trip back to Devon

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2016, 10:15:11 AM »

Great result for you guys, keep it going, I will be one of several Bognor fans following your progress for the rest of the season.

Best of luck to you guys also

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2016, 10:19:38 AM »

Fair interview by Gary Hill. I thought we were excellent last night, and played with an energy we've not had for a while. 6 wins 2 draws is what it's all about. A big win against an in form side, lets go again Saturday and get what we can against another in form side. Decent midweek crowd for us to be fair. Let's hope for four figures on Saturday, the club need the cash flow after such a long lay off

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2016, 10:38:06 AM »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

VofD

« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2016, 11:25:40 AM »

Great result. Well done everyone. How nice to see us attacking in numbers for a change, instead of the big hoof up the park to the lone striker. 4-4-2 every time for me. I still don't like our leading striker being left on the bench, unless he was not 100% of course. Keep this standard of performance up and we will shoot up the league, especially with all these home game to come. :) :)

PS. And only the 2nd time this season we have scored 3 goals. Still undefeated at home in 2016. ;)

Our leading striker this season was playing!?!?!?
He scored the first goal.

You know very well that I meant Reevesy. ::)

VofD

« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2016, 11:30:59 AM »

Macclesfield fan or not votd shud have his say

What makes you think I am a Macclesfield fan FFS. I've been supporting Alty since you were aged 12, ie 32 years. ::) ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Woking - Match Thread