PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee what are you doing?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Lee what are you doing?  (Read 18228 times)

Jimmy

Re: Lee what are you doing?
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2016, 09:03:09 PM »

No but it wasn't the best move signing a bloke who's played about 10 games in 2 years

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2016, 09:13:49 PM »

Fair point.  But he still had us over
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2016, 09:31:57 PM »

Indeed

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2016, 09:33:30 PM »

Let him walk away with the money far too easily. He'd have never had case in a legal situation so why on earth we just didn't see him off I don't understand.

bighairedmike

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2016, 10:55:33 PM »

The PFA getting involved on his side straight away was probably a point of warning for us.

For what it's worth, I'd have followed it as far as was possible.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2016, 11:22:49 PM »

Get him on Judge Rinder

Bath Alty

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2016, 07:26:49 PM »

the moment he appeared for Droylsden we should have been straight on to the PFA to get our money back

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2016, 10:39:48 PM »

3 key moments

1 . Some poor close season acquisition in our control
2. Awful luck with injuries not in our control
3. Didn't react quick enough in our control

I'd add

4. The management of injuries.

I'm really dismayed that we've got to the stage where there sh*t has hit the fan and we're expecting a few 18 year old kids to get us out of the relegation zone when they should've been brought in in November when they'd have alleviated an injury crisis with no pressure on them.

We got T**tted away at our greatest rivals and at 0-2/3 down we couldn't bring on any players (Rankine and Clee) until 20 mins left because they couldn't manage any more and the other youth teamers on the bench weren't trusted to even come on.

I was utterly flabbergasted that at least two or three players weren't brought in at that point. I can't think of any other club in the country where it would've been acceptable.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2016, 10:47:55 PM »

I'd also suggest that we've weakened as O'Keefe doesn't have the legs of Williams or even Moult who has now been sacrificed to fill Cavanagh's role.

When Cav was out the other 3 coped well by covering ground whereas now with Moult holding and Richman and O'Keefe chasing we don't seem to be at the races.

While I'm at it Crowther needs to man up and kick on a bit. I really thought in September he was coming on.

Lawrie needs to make himself undroppable. Griffin needs to start being a leader now.

Reeves and Scott Leather need to stop feeling sorry for themselves and get their standards back.

Only Deasy, Moult and Rankine can say they've consistently played to their standards this year.

VofD

« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2016, 11:19:24 PM »

I'd also suggest that we've weakened as O'Keefe doesn't have the legs of Williams or even Moult who has now been sacrificed to fill Cavanagh's role.

When Cav was out the other 3 coped well by covering ground whereas now with Moult holding and Richman and O'Keefe chasing we don't seem to be at the races.

While I'm at it Crowther needs to man up and kick on a bit. I really thought in September he was coming on.

Lawrie needs to make himself undroppable. Griffin needs to start being a leader now.

Reeves and Scott Leather need to stop feeling sorry for themselves and get their standards back.

Only Deasy, Moult and Rankine can say they've consistently played to their standards this year.

In other words Gareth, WE ARE WELL AND TRULY F****D this season. >:(

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2016, 09:14:03 AM »

Drama Queen  ::)

VofD

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2016, 11:23:29 PM »

I need another rant as it needs addressing sooner rather than later.

If by any chance you read the forum then do what a manager should be doing and look at statistics this season. Look at our results playing 4-4-2.

We needed a third energetic, strong box to box centre midfield to play alongside Richman, with Moult doing what he does best breaking down attacks in front of the back 4 as a defensive midfielder.

I believe Sam Heathcote could become a good player but he needs to toughen up and I think the Vanarama National League is too much of a big step at this moment. Lee should have looked at another centre back whilst Havern is having an up and down season with performances and injury and with Marshall way off fitness.

I have been to most home games and a couple of the away games and it is clear from what I have seen that we are not good enough playing 4-4-2, we are far too open and teams run right through us, we also revert back to long ball to Rankine.  It does not work. Lee always states that he wants us to pass and play the ball up the field but his current tactics do not indicate this.

GK
RB       CB       CB       LB
                        DM
                     CM       
                        AM
RW                            LW
         CF
DM Moult – Sitting in front of the back four.

CM Richman – Plenty of energy closing players down – this position covers all the area in-between the defence and attacking players.

AM - Should have been new loan player but maybe Lawrie but I fear he has not got the stamina or strength to play box to box.This position is higher than Richman and Moult but still involves defensive cover and an attacking option. I say Lawrie because his best position is central and he can find that killer past but he’s a very soft player.

We attack a lot better having one up front, all season our centre midfield has needed reinforcement, I appreciate Griffith did our legs but we have brought in 3 loan players and I appreciate we needed wide players after we lost our most attacking and creative player in Clee but we are shipping in goals and we need players to close opposition attacks down.

I am so frustrated that we continue with 4-4-2, football has moved forward and we are trying to compete with full time teams with an outdated 4-4-2 formation. Lee and the players need to sort this out because we can not go back down into that terrible league.

Even at home I would play one up top. We need to become solid. In football it does not mean we will score more goals having two players up top, especially when we struggle getting it up there to them.

I don't know if you were there tonight, but that was a classic example of 4-4-2 at it's best by attacking in numbers and playing it on the deck.

bighairedmike

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2016, 11:51:04 PM »

I don't know if you were there tonight or not, but in other words, are we WELL AND TRULY f**kED this season ???

VofD

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2016, 03:00:15 PM »

I don't know if you were there tonight or not, but in other words, are we WELL AND TRULY f**kED this season ???
Yes, I was in attendance and NO, not so F****D after that win. ;)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2016, 05:10:11 PM »

I need another rant as it needs addressing sooner rather than later.

If by any chance you read the forum then do what a manager should be doing and look at statistics this season. Look at our results playing 4-4-2.

We needed a third energetic, strong box to box centre midfield to play alongside Richman, with Moult doing what he does best breaking down attacks in front of the back 4 as a defensive midfielder.

I believe Sam Heathcote could become a good player but he needs to toughen up and I think the Vanarama National League is too much of a big step at this moment. Lee should have looked at another centre back whilst Havern is having an up and down season with performances and injury and with Marshall way off fitness.

I have been to most home games and a couple of the away games and it is clear from what I have seen that we are not good enough playing 4-4-2, we are far too open and teams run right through us, we also revert back to long ball to Rankine.  It does not work. Lee always states that he wants us to pass and play the ball up the field but his current tactics do not indicate this.

GK
RB       CB       CB       LB
                        DM
                     CM       
                        AM
RW                            LW
         CF
DM Moult – Sitting in front of the back four.

CM Richman – Plenty of energy closing players down – this position covers all the area in-between the defence and attacking players.

AM - Should have been new loan player but maybe Lawrie but I fear he has not got the stamina or strength to play box to box.This position is higher than Richman and Moult but still involves defensive cover and an attacking option. I say Lawrie because his best position is central and he can find that killer past but he’s a very soft player.

We attack a lot better having one up front, all season our centre midfield has needed reinforcement, I appreciate Griffith did our legs but we have brought in 3 loan players and I appreciate we needed wide players after we lost our most attacking and creative player in Clee but we are shipping in goals and we need players to close opposition attacks down.

I am so frustrated that we continue with 4-4-2, football has moved forward and we are trying to compete with full time teams with an outdated 4-4-2 formation. Lee and the players need to sort this out because we can not go back down into that terrible league.

Even at home I would play one up top. We need to become solid. In football it does not mean we will score more goals having two players up top, especially when we struggle getting it up there to them.

I don't know if you were there tonight, but that was a classic example of 4-4-2 at it's best by attacking in numbers and playing it on the deck.

Yes I was there and we played very well with 4-4-2, Ginnelly and Margetts made a huge difference to playing that formation as they both closed down and defended from the front. We looked dangerous going forward, I really enjoyed the game but if you think we can keep that tempo for the remaining games at 4-4--2 then you can have my house. Scott looked more confident with an experienced defender next to him. Rankine was immense, the whole team were excellent. Keep it going.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee what are you doing?